Don't blame me, I voted for the other guy. (Politics General)

Meanlucario
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Kinship Through Differences - Celebrated the 11th anniversary of MLP:FIM!

Time to get spooky
@AaronMk  
And what makes you so sure? And isn’t that something an asshole would say to justify selling content that exploit women to straight men to a woman? You don’t need to be a customer to point out asshole behavior. There’s also how someone may not be a customer because of their behavior. You know, arguing with their wallet? Or does it only count when you want it to count?
AaronMk
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Philomena - For helping others attend the 2021 community collab
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.

Sky funeral
@AaronMk
I’m a guy on the LGBTQ+ spectrum who buys/plays a metric ass-load of video games, owns all three major 8th gen consoles, AND does reviews and livestreams of games.
I’m pretty sure I have a right to speak up against this.

Not the point. The point is: none of us are the customers. Of anything.
Zincy
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

In Vino Veritas
I’d really love to join in this, but the only time I’ve thought about China lately was when I had a Chinese girl spread eagle on my couch. And I’m pretty sure that involved less showing ass than this back and forth snipefest.

Ya’ll really going a little too wild on each other right now.
Meanlucario
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Kinship Through Differences - Celebrated the 11th anniversary of MLP:FIM!

Time to get spooky
@Zincy  
Seeing as it’s past 10 pm for me and I have this guy defending censorship and queer-blocking/feminine men censoring in the VG thread, I’m just sick of his BS. I wish I could just block him and continue with my night. Doesn’t help that he tried to treat me as trying to end this like me “losing.”
AaronMk
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Sky funeral
@AaronMk
…You have no idea how business works, do you?

I do, and you as an individual customer do not matter. I was studying to get into marketing. I can replace your ass as a customer with ten others. Anyone can do it.

No, the real customers are shareholders. They make the demands, you as a company answer. Always has been the case.
Zincy
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

In Vino Veritas
@AaronMk

Tbf, studying to get into marketing doesn’t make you an expert on the subject when compared to the laymen, unless you’ve actually worked the industry or gotten to a level where you’re comfortable teaching it.

I should know, given that I have a master’s in it.

Not going to really get involved in the debate since, as I said, it’s just enough ass showing to make a pack of baboons blush, but I felt like interjecting with that.
AaronMk
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Sky funeral
In 1959, the Diem regime organized the so-called “ agrovilles concentration camps in which peasants were grouped together and kept under strict police surveillance. In 1962, the Americans and their puppets attempted to implement the “Staley-Taylor plan”, according to which the entire rural population of South Vietnam is to be concentrated in thousands of concentration camps.
This plan ends in complete failure; the guerrillas score some brilliant military victories in 1963 (at Ap Bac) and 1964 (at Binh Gia), while the puppet army is decimated by desertions.
The living conditions of the proletarians of the south are those of pure starvation; suffice it to say that, in 1962, 40% of the working population was registered in the employment offices. The invasion of U.S. goods, the famous “aid”, quickly liquidated the weak local industry. In the textile industry, one of the most important, 80% of the workers had been laid off.

full

Man I knew landlord politics were fucking lit but mixed with Vietnamese pretensions shit is c o m e d y
AaronMk
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Sky funeral
No wonder why South Vietnam fell to the commies. Bastard policies that led to its collapse, plus the persecution of Buddhists.

The Diem government, created by the USA, immediately began the restoration of the large landed estates. The peasants had to abandon the lands they had occupied after the launch of the agrarian reform (about 2,000,000 hectares), and this was achieved through a series of bloody expeditions in the countryside.
In 1956, Diem forbade the villages from electing their own representatives according to the tradition of the communes, and appoints governmental village chiefs (the Ac On). The puppet government also establishes traveling “special courts” to wage terror in the countryside.
The restoration of the landowners gives good results; suffice it to say that in 1957, 1% of the owners had 44% of the surface cultivated with rice, while in 1934 1% of the owners had 358% of the same surface.

It’s not without saying however that much of this came to happen because the Vietminh decided to agree to the Geneva Convention in good faith and withdrew from South Vietnam, effectively leaving the peasants defenseless:

South Vietnam was (and still is) the region with the most concentrated ownership of land. After the launch of land reform, during the anti-French war, the peasants had driven out the landowners and occupied their land. After the Geneva Agreements, the Vietminh forces had to withdraw from the south and leave the field open to the return of the landowners and the bloody repression that accompanied them.

Thought it might be said this good-faith gesture to the stipulations of the Geneva agreement, and an overall lack of radicalism on the part of the DRV is also to blame and no single pound of it can be given to Diem’s government all together, although they’re their own collection of dark comedies. But:

On the part of the DRV, there was no material or propaganda support to the insurrection; on the contrary, the Vietminh leaders who were still in the South argued that any recourse to violence should be avoided, in order not to be accused of violating the Geneva agreements. One of the exponents of the Front, Quyet Thang, declares about this period: “Very strict directives were issued in view of a very strict compliance with Geneva: we never went beyond the legal political struggle…. This cost us hard losses, our best comrades. And it took us a whole year to explain and convince everyone that it was the right line” (quoted by Lê Châu).
The opportunist press generally tends to emphasize this position of the North Vietnamese government, and happily hypes it up as a demonstration of its “good will for peace” and the aggressiveness of the Americans. The position held by the DRV, on the other hand, showed that, in line with the decisions of the great powers, it had now accepted as definitive the partition of the country into two. On the other hand, this “will to peace” was certainly not a merit when dealing with a stronger adversary.

On the whole I think the matter falls into the same analysis of anything that happened during the Cold War and its through line into present day. There was never a revolutionary commitment by many of the “communist” forces in the post-war years and simply came as national independence from colonial regimes. The Diem government - by having American money dumped on it to the detriment of local production - served to build a market of American dependency to maintain what shred of economy it could hold in the long waning period of the terminal New Deal. However, the development of third world nations offered a market for the Soviet and the young Chinese regimes to develop their own, not out of raw consumerism but something in the market not defined here. They’re interesting all the same, v funny
Commune
Betrayal! - Betrayed their team for a badge. Shame forever!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

🚙
@AaronMk  
He’s right you know(to an extent)  
If their core customer base are straight white male gamers who are attracted to booba, then good luck boycotting them because they won’t feel a single dollar lost
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Ministry of Image - Fanfiction Printing

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide