Don't blame me, I voted for the other guy. (Politics General)

Ciaran
ラ・ゼッタ - For supporting the site
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab

Senior Moderator
友情は魔法だ
@Ebalosus  
Ok, but given that that organization was under aggressive investigation Federal investigation for hate crimes, why is it surprising that there was at least one informant?

What’s the point that you are trying to make by pointing out that there was at least one FBI agent on the inside of the organization?

Wouldn’t you EXPECT someone to be undercover in that kind of investigation?
CaptainXtra
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).

STOP KOSA!
Online Far Right shit-heads are raging due to everyone making fun of their “Justice for J6” rally for having such a piss poor turnout.

Downvote bombing videos covering the event on Youtube and harassing others on Twitter over it.

Some are trying to deflect from this embarrassment by saying shit like “IT’S A FALSE FLAG EVENT” or “THE MEDIA IS BLOWING THIS OUT OF PROPORTION AS A DISTRACTION FROM BIDEN’S NEW WORLD ORDER AGENDA” among other things.
Ebalosus
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Silver Bit -
Sapphire -
Happy Derpy! -
Bronze Supporter -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Build commie blocks!
@Ciaran

My point is that A) the rightoids are right in a way that there’s FBI (or other alphabet agency) infiltration, and B) that we don’t need an immense mass surveillance dragnet in order to keep track of such movements, or to counteract them. You have informants, they tell you if who they’ve infiltrated is going to do something major, you go in and arrest them for RICO violations or attempted [whatever], no need to violate anyone’s digital privacy or security needed.
Ciaran
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.

Senior Moderator
友情は魔法だ
@Ebalosus  
How does there being an FBI informant working inside Atomwaffen Division show that “Justice for J6” is a black flag operation or violate anyones digital privacy or security?
Ciaran

Senior Moderator
友情は魔法だ
@Penguin Dragneel  
Some people are making a lot of money selling weight-loss products and dietary supplements with those lies.

Rage creates engagement and engagement sells. It’s a large part of how Social Media writ large is commercialized.
Ebalosus
Silver Bit -
Sapphire -
Happy Derpy! -
Bronze Supporter -

Build commie blocks!
@Ciaran

The justification for expanded surveillance powers is to apparently “protect us” from threats that we “can’t see coming.” If infiltration of groups works perfectly well as is shown by infiltration of the likes of Atomwaffen, or the Proud Boys, or whomever, then why do they need expanded surveillance powers? If all it takes to keep tabs on either the far-right or islamists or the far-left is to pull a “how do you do, fellow extremists?” IRL, then the need to break encryption or introduce key escrow or some other horseshit is completely unnecessary.
Ciaran

Senior Moderator
友情は魔法だ
@Ebalosus  
I don’t dispute that the justification for expanded surveillance is fear based and mostly illusionary.

But your response to

And all the comments under that post and in the “related tweets” section are saying that this is all apparently some undercover FBI conspiracy BS to try and make the far-right look bad.

was

TBF there has been quite a few cases recently where a lot of important people in far-right movements have been outed as either FBI informants, or outright agents provocateurs (for lack of a better term). The head of Atomwaffen was an FBI informant, as was the person who supposedly planned to kidnap that Illinois governor. There were informants within the cadre that pulled the Capitol Hill stunt back in January, and recently another major figure of the far-right was outed as an informant. I’ll have to check r/StupIdpol to see who it was and edit this post with it.
Point being: things like this being FBI ops aren’t that extraordinary, and while I agree with you that such events should be taken at face-value, we can’t discount the possibility of them being influenced by state actors either.

So I’m asking you if you really feel that an FBI informant working inside Atomwaffen Division is in any way an indication that “Justice for J6” is a black flag operation, or how an FBI informant working inside Atomwaffen Division violates anyones digital privacy or security?
Background Pony #A191
@Background Pony #581E  
To aptly quote the simple, yet enormously powerful chant bellowed by anti-war protesters during the Vietnam era (regardless of if any one of them was doing it for the most objectively rational and justifiable reasons, or not):

”HELL, NO! WE WON’T GO!!!

HELL NO, WE WON’T GO!!!!!”
Background Pony #A191
@MethidMan  
With irrational—if not, fatally flawed—and blatant Pan-African ethnocentrist propaganda and ideological discourse?

Yeah, I don’t think so.
Ebalosus
Silver Bit -
Sapphire -
Happy Derpy! -
Bronze Supporter -

Build commie blocks!
@Ciaran

It isn’t, and even if we presume that it is some sort of false-flag (which for the record I don’t think it is), it doesn’t change the outcome for either side. Justice for J6 isn’t any less a stupid idea because of either FBI infiltration and/or encouragement, and the FBI in one way or another already has the mechanisms necessary to keep tabs on such movements. The supporters of Justice for J6 are right that there’s likely infiltrators, but are wrong on that fact in any way justifies either movement, or protests, or ideas.

I can entertain the notion that the protest is a false-flag even though I don’t consider it one, because even if it turns out to be an actual false-flag, it doesn’t justify anything they believe, beyond the government doing government things by keeping tabs on people like them. All Justice for J6 being a false-flag would prove is that the government doesn’t really take the whole right to free assembly to peacefully air grievances thing seriously, which is hardly news to anyone who remembers the Bush years and the abominable “free speech zones.”
AaronMk
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Philomena - For helping others attend the 2021 community collab
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.

Sky funeral
which is hardly news to anyone who remembers the Bush years and the abominable “free speech zones.”

Speaking of, and unrelated to the subject: but finding myself thinking of Phil Donahue a lot lately.
AaronMk
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Philomena - For helping others attend the 2021 community collab

Sky funeral
@AaronMk
Phil Donahue is a fascinating guy. He did a lot of things right.

I don’t really care so much about him career wise. Just the fact that he was fired over his anti-war sentiments in the lead up to the Iraq War as part of the general vibe of shutting down Bush-era dissent in the post-9/11 period. Cancellation before “Cancel Culture” was ever an imagined threat.
SparkleDash

Professional Shipper
Didn’t Nicki Minaj also use date rape drugs on men in order to steal from them or something? I think there was a rumor that she raped men, but she was like “No, I only did it to steal money and stuff from them.” Or something like that. Or maybe it was Cardi B, I don’t remember.

Edit: It was Cardi B. The lesson still stands, stop listening to idiot singer morons that don’t know anything about anything and have lived extremely shady lives.
Violet Rose in The Rain
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

@Background Pony #A191

Is that whataboutism I smell? Yeah, it is. No, I don’t care about the Free Market, but it’s fun to watch conservative sources like Milo Yiannopolous and Alex Jones get deplatformed.

Fine, I’ll bite. Why don’t you define what “progressive disinformation” is so we can see you go mask off?
CaptainXtra

STOP KOSA!
So, the “Justice for J6” rally was a flop.

4 people were arrested and groups such as the Proud Boys pulled out while warning others not to attend.

I take it that the Far-Right’s bravado mindset is currently having an internal crisis at the moment.
HorsesandMuchMOAR
Chaotic Little Trees - 1000+ images under their artist tag
A Really Hyper Artist - 500+ images under their artist tag
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary
A Really Classy Artist - 250+ images under their artist tag
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant

Gallusposting since 2019
@Hollowfox Jaeger

January 6, the date of the Capitol riots. In the slang of Trumpists, it also refers to the rioters that were arrested by the cops. The Trumpists regard them as “political prisoners”, even as they wanted to kill the senators.
tehwatever
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.

Im thinking about the reason people no longer go back to their retail / fast food / restaurant / minimum wage jobs. Well, it could be only partly due the govt paycheck from which it allows them to live off.

But imo the most important factor is their realization that…Stable jobs dont really exist.

Ppl living in non-volatile economy usually chooses between pursuing a new, scary business opportunity vs a “stable job.” They figured they could earn a stable living and put aside their own pet projects and passion, in order to work for and build somebody else’s projects and passion.

That’s normally the trade off: stable lower to middle class income, vs new business.

But what happened? 2008 AND 2020. The millennials was introduced to not one, but TWO, large scale economic disaster in the span of 12 years. It practically shatters their illusion of stable jobs. Even the most established of companies could collapse or you could be fired in the next downsizing.

So…MAYBE, these min wage or mid class workers just simply decided…that it’s time to finally follow their dreams. Be it their own business or a dream career.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
The Travelling Pony Museum Shop!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide