Don't blame me, I voted for the other guy. (Politics General)

Zincy
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

In Vino Veritas
I have a theory as to why the “fuck your feelings” crowd is suddenly reacting this way.

For years they shrugged off accusations of sexism, racism, homophobia, and prudishness. Never even batted an eye and kept on being awful. But ultimately they were still “accepted” into their family and friend circles. Racist old uncle Bob still came to family dinners, just no one talked politics. Sexist Steve and Cantankerous Karen still went to work like normal, and people would just pay them lip service to keep them content.

But now? Their poor choices are actually affecting peoples lives. And those people are pushing them away and actually ostracizing them. And their companies, governments, religious institutions, etc are all fervently questioning their current choice, and in some cases enforcing masks and vaccines.

Meanwhile, I think a lot of them know they’ve fucked up. They’re seeing like minded friends, family, and media personalities get sick and in some cases die. They’re being constantly reminded of it on the news, Twitter, FB, at work, in church, etc. And while some are waking up, most are doubling down so as not to be proven “wrong”.

For the first time, they are actually experiencing consequences. And it burns them up.
Hollowfox, Always The Worst Person
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).

Est. 2012
@Background Pony #1F81  
Wokebroke is past tense for wokebreaking, which is when a conservative or incel bashes everything that has to do with women (such as Captain Marvel, Birds of Prey, High Guardian Spice or Charlie’s Angels) or diversity by saying “Get woke, Go broke”, resulting in giving them a bad name due to paranoia towards tokenism.

And also it makes everyone avoid them leading to financial failures because the internet said so. If people didn’t wokebreak, men wouldn’t look for themselves to get extinct by vengeful prude anti-sexual women MeTooing men.
Background Pony #4962
@Hollowfox Jaeger  
While I’m sure some people are like that I think the easier explanation is those movies go bad because they aren’t that good and scumbags like Cuomo get taken down because they are pricks.
Zincy
Non-Fungible Trixie -

In Vino Veritas
I’ve been beating my head into a table for years and years about infrastructure. I honestly never thought I’d actually see the day a fucking bill would pass.

Est. 2012
@Background Pony #4962  
Even without wokebreaking can the movie still be bad? I can also see people using legit reasons to hide their bigotry when the first impressions is somebody dismissing a film because it has women or it has diversity.

Besides, the gender wars still continue and men and women still don’t get along because a man abused a women or a female-driven movie or show got wokebroken.

If GB2016 didn’t have controversy, sexual harassment accusations won’t be about gender. But no, people don’t believe me then and I wish they would.
Ciaran
ラ・ゼッタ - For supporting the site
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab

Senior Moderator
友情は魔法だ
@Hollowfox Jaeger  
Your world is so transactional, and other people’s opinions seem matter so much more than your own that you treat them like facts. Like, ‘some random asshole on the internet doesn’t like this movie so the movie is objectively bad - why did the studio make a bad movie?’

I don’t even know how you buy groceries. I mean, what if you see a youtube video of someone bitching randomly about your favorite breakfast cereal, or saying the box design is ‘woke’ - do you then just stop buying that cereal?

I honestly wish that you could come to my clinic … there’s such a fascinating set of behaviors here.

If GB2016 didn’t have controversy, sexual harassment accusations won’t be about gender

That, right there. It is … just fascinating that you put things together this way in your head.

So, if GB2016 did NOT have controversy, would that mean that sexual harassment accusations WOULD NOT be about gender?

And what does it even mean to you that sexual harassment accusations ARE about gender? Aren’t sexual harassment accusations about, you know - actual sexual harassment?

Or, in your mind, is stuff like rape for you just a social construct that results from controversy over gender and any accusation of sexual harassment is just an extension of the gender wars and not in and of itself an actual accusation of criminal harassment?
tehwatever
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Artist -
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.

“covid is bullshit. Steve died from the flu or they must have put some drugs on him that got him sick”

I call this attitude ‘Anything But Covid.’

If you can no longer deny ppl dying, then deny covid playing any role in it.
Background Human
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

CHS, Class of 20XX
@Zincy  
It ain’t over ‘til it’s over. It still needs to go back to the House for a vote, and if they punch it up any it’ll have to go for another round in the Senate. I want to believe that Infrastructure Week is finally, truly upon us, but…

Est. 2012
@Ciaran  
Well, most men (such as Harvey Weinstein, John Lassetter, Chris Savino, Woody Allen, etc.) got MeToo’d by women rather than men. So far the only MeTooings made by men were against Kevin Spacey and Charlie Sheen.

And that will give the impression to feminists that all Men are sexual predators or sex freaks, which it’s generalizing and not true.

If it’s about sexual harassment then a balance of men and women would have accused Weinstein and not just women who liked GB2016 or supported Hillary Clinton and say “The Future is Female”.

Heck, I assume the first accuser of Vic Mignogna is looking forward to High Guardian Spice on Crunchyroll since it’s announcement and is pissed that people are disliking it because they see diversity and women as woke because of the selling point.

This society will be more tolerant of sex or each other’s genders if people learned to consent and stop wokebreaking diverse/female-driven content.
Zincy
Non-Fungible Trixie -

In Vino Veritas
@Hollowfox Jaeger

Harvey Weinstein and John Lasseter are disgusting sex pests who deserved to be knocked for a loop. Regardless of what effect it had on the industry they got what was coming to them.

It doesn’t matter if it had some knockdown effects down the line, it had to be done.

Est. 2012
@Zincy  
Yeah but men should have been the ones accusing them alongside the women, then the alt-right wouldn’t call it “woke SJW trash that will take over Hollywood and the world because Female supremacy”.

But no, it’s the majority of women that alt-right loves to hate thanks to third-wave feminism

And now sex and heterosexuality will be left in the past and the future will be sex-hating and female supremacy.
Background Human
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

CHS, Class of 20XX
And now sex and heterosexuality will be left in the past and the future will be sex-hating and female supremacy.
You… do know how reproduction happens, right? Like the birds and the bees and all that?

Barring some weird dystopian sci-fi shit, people will be boning from now until the end of time.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Sky Railroad Merch Shop!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide