Don't blame me, I voted for the other guy. (Politics General)

Zincy
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

In Vino Veritas
@Vivace

He hates Jews, Mexicans, Muslims, Race Mixers, Gays, Trans people, Native Americans, and a whole host of other people. He’s also a Holocaust denier and believes that slavery uplifted Africans.

And yet people vehemently say he’s not a nazi.
Vivace
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Artist -

“ShimSham my GlimGlams”
@Zincy  
How dumb does one have to be to— wait, never mind. Dumber one is, the less one can recognize it, probably.  
I think some cat boy ought to put on a boot and kick Fuentes where the sun don’t shine.
NitroFury
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Thread Starter - Horseplay
Artist -

Nitro Cat Bad!
I find it funny how the GOP are urging people to stop believing the anti-vaxxers and get the vaccine, but it’s too late because the same goons from the GOP helped spreading that lie from those anti-vaxxers.
tehwatever
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Artist -
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.

Not long ago, the previous Eid right after Ramadan, Israel’s police started shit with the Al-Aqsa harassment, leading to a response by Hamas, leading to a response by IDF, leaving many DEAD (90% palestinians) and homeless (also 90% palestinians)

Now, on the day of Hajj, Israel police does the same shit harrasing muslims in Al-Aqsa over some settlement dispute.

IS YOU ESTUPIDO, ISRA’IL? Can you not do dumb shit on the holiest day of the year for half of the population in East Jerusalem you idiots!

Are you trying to get a reaction?! Ppl are celebrating a holiday and praying, you muppets!
Zincy
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

In Vino Veritas
We are seeing a tale of two Americas.

The only difference between this concept now, and how it has been, is that one of those sides is facing an existential threat and trying to pretend it’s not there.
MagpulPony
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

Fuck Russia
@NitroFury  
That said, many seem to also forget that the Dems were also anti vaccination while Trump was President. Claiming that Trump rushed development and that a vaccine under Trump couldn’t be trusted. Funny how that changed so fast after the election. Almost as if it was political :P
Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
@MagpulPony

Considering…

A) Vaccine development-to-rollout is typically a 2~ year process, skepticism was natural until both positive results and information about how ass-backwards the typical for-profit bureaucracy behind vaccine development-to-rollout began to disseminate

and

B) One dotard’s genius idea to combat the virus was to tell his nation to drink bleach vs the other dotard’s genius idea to combat the virus was to tell his nation to listen to viral experts

…I think the change in attitude was a bit more than just political partisanship.
MagpulPony
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

Fuck Russia
@Dustcan  
A bit perhaps, but certainly not entirely. I’ve been going back through their Twitter posts and news interviews. It was all about operation Warp speed being too fast and anti-Trump related reasoning in which little to no scientific reasoning was provided. Yet everyone just forgets about it and pretends like it never happened.
Zincy
Non-Fungible Trixie -

In Vino Veritas
@MagpulPony

I was never anti-vaccine. I was “wait to see the data”. Then I saw the data, I have a stack of papers about 2 inches high of releases by both companies. Then I watched as it was successfully administered to a large swath of the population. And then watched as that swath gained immunity. Up until the data was released, and the shots started going into arms during the trials, we had nothing but a word and a prayer.

My natural skepticism subsided once it became clear that it was safe and effective. Because I’m an intelligent and rational human being.

Meanwhile, the current crop of skeptics have no ground to stand on. They’ve seen the data, they’ve seen the results, and they still deny it.

It’s one thing to be skeptical about something until you see the data. Its another to see the data, and results, and stay skeptical.

I changed my opinion when presented with demonstrable evidence that disproved my previously held beliefs.
MagpulPony
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

Fuck Russia
@Zincy  
Well I wasn’t implying that you were one of those people. And I would have accepted an answer like that from any of the political individuals that are currently in positions of influence and power. Unfortunately, such a response never came, nor was such an equally sensible explanation, lending to the appearance until proven otherwise by their own words, that it was to a large degree politically motivated. As most of the responses given by them at the time had no medical reasoning or explanation behind them, and instead lead with the rather generic and uninformative “Trump can’t be trusted” narrative.
CaptainXtra

STOP KOSA!
Remember when conspiracy theorists stuck to just the odd corners of the web and society in general?

Thanks to Trump and the Anti Mask/Vax movement they’ve gone mainstream.

We are in the era of conspiracy insanity.
Ciaran
ラ・ゼッタ - For supporting the site
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab

Senior Moderator
友情は魔法だ
@CaptainXtra  
Or we are finally at a point in our evolution as a global society that everyone has a voice and access to things like the ability to publish your ideas is no longer restricted to only those with the resources and access in more wealthy countries - or, if you will, in the more industrialized areas within otherwise ostensibly first world countries.

The conspiratorial insane have always been here, but for most of history they didn’t have a voice. Now you can hear them. And maybe they can help destroy the class structures that still weigh down our progress.
Background Human
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

CHS, Class of 20XX
@Ciaran  
Or they can reinforce existing class structures by drowning out legitimate criticism in a sea of bullshit and deflecting anger away from the powerful, toward the powerless.

And I’ve made myself sad.
Ciaran
ラ・ゼッタ - For supporting the site
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab

Senior Moderator
友情は魔法だ
@Background Human  
Sure, that’s possible. But when millions of new people, maybe even billions if you include all the people who have gotten cell phones in the last 20 years in India and China, suddenly ‘finding their voice’ thanks to the interweb … well … maybe there’s going to be a few hiccups for the first few decades.

But a hundred years from now this is probably going to be ‘that phase in our evolution’ where all of a sudden everyone had an equal chance to be heard, money or not. And whether they had anything useful to add to the conversation or not, too.

I mean, just look what happened when the printing press became common and more and more people learned how to read and write. It was a freaking mess for quite a while. This is just another iteration of that. But now people don’t even have to be literate to ‘publish’ their opinions.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Champions of Equestria

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide