Don't blame me, I voted for the other guy. (Politics General)

Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
Sen. Joe Manchin won praise from the Daily Caller and Fox News contributors while infuriating voting rights advocates on Tuesday with his suggestion that scrapping the filibuster and passing sweeping, popular pro-democracy reforms would spark a second insurrection just months after a right-wing mob stormed the U.S. Capitol.

The For the People Act, which passed the Democrat-controlled House in March and is backed by Biden, aims to modernize voting registration, restore the Voting Rights Act, end gerrymandering, increase election security and campaign transparency, empower small donors, and implement various ethics reforms. A wave of voter suppression bills introduced this year by GOP state lawmakers has bolstered demands for enacting it.

Responding sarcastically to Manchin’s question—“How in the world could you, with the tension we have right now, allow a voting bill to restructure the voting of America on a partisan line?”—Michael McDonald, a University of Florida professor who specializes in U.S. elections, said, “Yeah, like that’s not happening anywhere right now.”
As Common Dreams previously reported, the Republican-controlled Florida state Senate marked Confederate Memorial Day on Monday by passing a voter suppression bill that is similar to a law enacted by the Georgia GOP in March. The vote provoked new demands for protecting voting rights with federal legislation.
“Republicans in dozens of states and on the Supreme Court are passing voting restrictions along party lines and will only grow emboldened if they see that Dems in Congress won’t do anything about it because of GOP unity against voting rights,” Daily Kos Elections staff writer Stephen Wolf warned Tuesday.

In the words of writer Thor Benson: “Manchin is determined to reward the insurrectionists.”
CaptainXtra
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).

STOP KOSA!
It just dawned on me how divided America really is right now:

Half of America saw Jan 6th’s Capitol Storming as insurrection, the other half saw it as patriotism.

Half of America saw a crooked white cop slowly murder an black man, the other half unironically saw nothing wrong with it.

Half of America cheered when that crooked cop was found guilty, the other half was furious about it.

I’m starting to think that this Union of States is on fragile ground right now.
Latecomer

@CaptainXtra  
I’m fairly sure there’s also a not small number of Americans who don’t care much about those things one way or the other - and a few here and there who don’t even know they happened.
Wiimeiser
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag

(Foil Hat)
@CaptainXtra  
It would be no exaggeration to say the US would be better off if the rest of the world partitioned it into two. Here’s how I’d draw the border:  
-Go up Rio Grande until the dam at Elephant Butte (just outside Truth or Consequences), then mosey on over to Roswell.  
-From there, head north to South Platte River where Lost Creek joins, then follow it downstream to the Missouri River.  
-From there, curve to Hannibal in a way that slices Albia in two, then follow the Mississippi to Route 3 at Glenn, then follow the 149 and 13 into Kentucky.  
-From there, keep following the highway to Morganfield, then jump to, in order:  
Dixon, Sturgis, Cave-in Rock, Marion, Eddyville, Murray, Bumpus Mills, Aurora, Princeton, Providence, Calhoun, Central City, Beaver Dam, Bowling Green, Falls of Rough, Fort Knox, Horse Cave, Cave City, Park City, Glasgow, Lucas, Eighty Eight, Albany, Columbia, Liberty, Lebanon, Springfield, Shelbyville, Simpsonville, Williamstown, Paris, Mt. Sterling, Farmers, Salt Lick, Pine Knot, London, Manchester, Wild Cat, Hazard, Happy Valley, Bearville, Decoy, Pippa Passes, Waldo, Gypsy, Paintsville, Kermit, Lovely, Carbon Glow, Flat Lick, Big Stone Gap, Branchland, Wayne, Hurricane, Whitesville, Man, Pound, Clintwood, McClure, Murphy, Bee, Carrie, Trammel, Dante, Lebanon, Wise, Bristol, Marion, Independence, Princeton, Frog Level, Snowshoe, Looneyville, Buffalo, Arbuckle, Sandy Hook, Salt Lick, Cynthiana, Rush, Ripley, Spencer, Sutton, Circleville, and Brandywine.  
-Then follow route 33 to the Virginia Border and then to where it crosses Rocky Run, then go due east towards Syria, then Mt. Storm, then follow Route 50 to the border, then follow the border to the Potomac Mouth, Delmarva Peninsula not included.  
-Capitals are Arlington and Bethesda with a DMZ in between extending to Flintstone.
Zincy
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

In Vino Veritas
@Wiimeiser

Hey, don’t lump NOVA with the dipshit south. Northern VA is about as blue as you get, and hell a lot of VA is more blue than you expect. Start the capital of the idiot section of the US down in North Carolina or something.
Zincy
Non-Fungible Trixie -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

In Vino Veritas
@Wiimeiser

There’s no way to cut VA without cutting wildly diverse areas, so I’d just suggest using VAs southern border, and then looping up and over West VA. Which, despite being more north than VA, is about as deep in the QAnon asshole as you can get before you find Tucker Carlson’s lost dildo.
doloresbridge
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition

Peace to all
Half of America saw Jan 6th’s Capitol Storming as insurrection, the other half saw it as patriotism.

Most of the right tries to cast it as they were a small force, insignificant, or leftist infiltrators. Both in a idiotic way and sometimes with a stronger weight to the argument

Half of America saw a crooked white cop slowly murder an black man, the other half unironically saw nothing wrong with it.

You actually had near consensus, with conservatives mainly grumbling about the riots and the considering policing to be a overstated problem. Rush Limbaugh even

Half of America cheered when that crooked cop was found guilty, the other half was furious about it.

This is more closer to true than the other two points as conservatives for various reasons started to question the narrative on Derek Chauvin (and honestly part of me can’t blame them with all the gaslighting the media did on BLM, but that is a different story). Still, there was enough conservatives celebrating him being found guilty for us to be scolded on that as well

I think the dichotomies you describe here are too extreme on these particular issues but on your final point I do agree, Things are looking a bit shaky, though I wouldn’t say a civil war… yet.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Techy Cutie Pony Collection!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide