Don't blame me, I voted for the other guy. (Politics General)

doloresbridge
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition

Peace to all
I asked Carlson about this, as his show is frequently centered on the turmoils caused by “demographic change.” He said that for decades, “conservatives just wrote [black economic struggles] off as a culture of poverty,” a line he includes in his monologue.
He added that regarding black poverty, “it’s pretty easy when you’ve got 12 percent of the population going through something to feel like, ‘Well, there must be … there’s something wrong with that culture.’ Which is actually a tricky thing to say because it’s in part true, but what you’re missing, what I missed, what I think a lot of people missed, was that the economic system you’re living under affects your culture.”
Carlson said that growing up in Washington, DC, and spending time in rural Maine, he didn’t realize until recently that the same poverty and decay he observed in the Washington of the 1980s was also taking place in rural (and majority-white) Maine. “I was thinking, ‘Wait a second … maybe when the jobs go away the culture changes,’” he told me, “And the reason I didn’t think of it before was because I was so blinded by this libertarian economic propaganda that I couldn’t get past my own assumptions about economics.”

Which is it first, the culture being self destructive in itself failing to do it’s part within the system or from a failure of the system in some way causing the breakdown of the culture? Truth be told, from what I know of a lot of these poorer places black or white they do get locked in these self destructive cycles and it’s recent with a lot of entire family units of divorced or signal mothers with wild kids hanging on a thread with grandparents being the last thing holding any stability or structure. What stability does exist is usually with the daughters and mothers who have better job security (teachers, medical industry, government) with a lack good father figures for the youth leading to gang or crime invovled, abusive absent parents which sets up the whole process all over again. Now, some argue that these communities need to be lifted out of it via external means (reparations and welfare) and others say that they need to do it themselves and that these communities won’t change till the cultural problems are addressed

I think it requires trying to tackle both with a caring hand and human dignity. The hard left don’t have the answers from a profit machine of needing the problem to exist and often trying to further deconstruct basic structures of a stable society without replacement. The right needs to address the needs of the Black community better than “pick yourself up” and that may require some social programs though not just handing money in a way that creates dependency Like Corey Bookers baby bounds idea that can’t be withdrawn from till the kid is 18, though that still wouldn’t solve broken homes and cultural issues I consider it something that could work in connection with other measures.

||Boy, I sound like a liberal here! Other than quoting Tucker Carlson of course. ||
Background Pony #697E
@Background Pony #697E
You’re a Social Justice Warrior and I’m tired of reading your crap!

LOL, that’s a first! XD

To be completely honest with you, this is the very first time that anyone has ever called me an SJW unironically, and meant it.

This is especially baffling to me, as I have always been a left-leaning centrist, anti-extremist, anti-SJW (and not necessarily the stereotypical kind) for the past 5-6 years, and I’ve actually become somewhat more left-leaning, over time.

So I honestly don’t know why you are complaining to me about something that I’m obviously not, when in fact, there plenty of others in this thread that the phrase you’re using to describe me with can almost perfectly apply to a good number of them.
doloresbridge
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Peace to all
This is especially baffling to me, as I have always been a left-leaning centrist, anti-extremist, anti-SJW (and not necessarily the stereotypical kind) for the past 5-6 years, and I’ve actually become somewhat more left-leaning, over time.

Interesting. Would you describe yourself as an old style humanist like all the atheist that used to exist back in the 2000s? Or are you one of those people that puts themselves in a “other” category.

To be fair to Bad Heart, he could’ve been just saying you were acting like a SJW and not that you were one unironically.
Background Pony #697E
No one has to prove that [THING] is true universally and without any doubt across all of America to say that they believe that [THING] is a problem.

Maybe not in this thread under your rules, but outside of this website in the real world? Absolutely.

It is never okay to just only—and blindly—take someone’s word for it when it comes to serious (or potentially serious) situations and/or topics like the concept of systemic racism, full-stop. (And no, I am not arguing or saying that this is what should happen in this thread and/or on this website, as you have already laid down the line very clearly for everyone else to see, and that arguing with you about them in the context of them being rules of this thread would result in both deletions and most likely bans. All I’m doing here is informing you what the reality of what I’m talking about truly is in the real world, outside of this website.)
Background Pony #9659
No one has to prove that [THING] is true universally and without any doubt across all of America to say that they believe that [THING] is a problem.
Maybe not in this thread under your rules, but outside of this website in the real world? Absolutely.
It is never okay to just only—and blindly—take someone’s word for it when it comes to serious (or potentially serious) situations and/or topics like the concept of systemic racism, full-stop. (And no, I am not arguing or saying that this is what should happen in this thread and/or on this website, as you have already laid down the line very clearly for everyone else to see, and that arguing with you about them in the context of them being rules of this thread would result in both deletions and most likely bans. All I’m doing here is informing you what the reality of what I’m talking about truly is in the real world, outside of this website.)

Stop being so cringe holy shit, ~go back to reddit~
silbasa
Pixel Perfection - Hot Pockets Spotted
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Wallet After Summer Sale -

@doloresbridge  
Reality is always so much more complex than what I am able to summarize in a post in this thread. It is sad to see the social disintegration parts of America are undergoing. And not just in black communities, many white ones as well. Lack of jobs, drugs and education leads to these ghettos where people are stuck.

So the question is what can be done? Offering welfare indefinitely leads to the people receiving it still being stuck. See that over here in immigrant communities. American progressives and their rejection of things like family, personal responsibility and continued economic liberalism/globalism that leads to very needed jobs being moved to other parts of the world don’t do anything either. Just more of the same.

Trump at least had one right idea there, jobs are needed. Have that in Norway as well. All factory jobs just flagging out. Maybe a combined “by the bootstraps with assistance” approach could work. We offer you education and a job but you have to be the one that takes advantage of these opportunities kind of thing, you have to put in some work as well.

And as a foundation for it all, a solid education with a goal of educating functional members of society.

Another thing that I have seen over the years that is very important is a functional good family. What upbringing one receives has so much to say for who someone turns out to be later in life. The liberals don’t understand that and as always reject anything associated with it. Men being considered worthless junk for instance.

I don’t know much but even I can see the american lefts promises is like a Jehovah’s Witnesses pamphlet, the ones where everyone pets the tigers in paradise after god judges the world. Utter bunk.

End of rant.
Zincy
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

In Vino Veritas
So a short while ago, Easter weekend I believe the news said, a Thai woman and her boyfriend were attacked by a group of white hicks in Brooklyn. They also attacked their pets, leading to the woman’s cat being killed.

I fully mean this when I say it, that every member of that “family” that did this should be shot. And I pray they cross the wrong person next time and end up bleeding in the gutter.

Three things I hate, racists, animal abusers, and thugs. So a family of racist, animal abusing thugs, to me, are below human. So far beneath the rest of life on this earth that their “lives” should you consider them to have such a thing, could be snuffed out without a passing tear.
Zincy
Non-Fungible Trixie -

In Vino Veritas
@silbasa

Stuff it you overinflated parade float, I’ve got little interest in dealing with you currently.

I barely tolerate your little games most days. You’re not clever, you’re just annoying.
Background Pony #697E
@Violet Rose in The Rain  
Just like the dangerously widespread and long-standing claim that Derek Chauvin’s reason/rationale for intentionally killing Floyd was because of the latter’s race and/or skin color, this entire tweet that you just posted is based (i.e. centered; focused) entirely on an unproven and objectively unfounded assumption.

An assumption. ASSUMPTION, as in just guessing and jumping to an unproven and/or unfounded conclusion, rather than just actually finding out the objective and indisputable truth/reality of the situation and/or topic FOR YOURSELF.

And if all you find is an answer that isn’t a full, complete, concrete answer, like 1+1=2, but is still an objectively and indisputably true answer, like there is always high risk of developing cancer from smoking cigarettes, then that is good enough. That’s fine. Honestly, it’s really not that hard to not make assumptions or generalizations of other people or groups of people when committing to not doing so.

All I’m saying is that it is morally and ethically wrong to just make assumptions or generalizations about a human individual—or a group of human individuals—and their actions, based off of any immutable characteristics that they have, regardless of how ethically and/or morally right or wrong and/or good or evil they are. (That is, unless if they’re political/ideological extremists, because trying to give actual, honest-to-god extremists the benefit of the doubt on both sides of the political spectrum is, of course, suicidal—optics-wise.)
Background Pony #697E
Stop being so cringe holy shit, ~go back to reddit~

…Is that really the only argument that you have to offer against me, here?

Also, if you really do believe that this argument I’ve made that you’re background quote-replying to is genuinely cringe, then I must say, you seem to have a very soft sense of what is cringeworthy, out there.
Zincy
Non-Fungible Trixie -

In Vino Veritas
@Background Pony #697E

That was nothing.

All my actual sparing partners have long abandoned this thread. And I barely pop in anymore. Mostly only if something in the news annoys me.

Ahh, the jabs we used to lob at one another. Now it’s just the Norwegian Meatball and a gaggle of various passing anons.

Those were simpler times.
Background Pony #697E
Deletion reason: Rule #0 - stop going after individuals, especially people who are not even in this thread
silbasa
Pixel Perfection - Hot Pockets Spotted
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

9 years. It has been a fun community to be a part of. Then came the tweet and it all became political. And I discovered this place. Tartarus. I miss the times when not everything had to be a political statement and politics werent the complete shitshow it is today.

I also really miss VCRs.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Ministry of Image - Fanfiction Printing

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide