Don't blame me, I voted for the other guy. (Politics General)

doloresbridge
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition

Peace to all
The true path is to go Khmer Rouge against suburbanites. By their class affiliation their rights are now privledges and they lost them all. Start on your forced march, that is all that is behind your “rural power” position.

That’s not Natty’s that’s my position!

You have chosen decay

You have chosen it if you think the cities are going to be anything more than dystopian corporate monstrosities!

Fade with your yeoman farmer dream

Yeoman farmers are only a part of that dream. Along with mass micro manufacturing. Cooperatives and some distributionism, heck, maybe a communist commune or two for good measure.
AaronMk
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Philomena - For helping others attend the 2021 community collab
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.

Sky funeral
Yeoman farmers are only a part of that dream. Along with mass micro manufacturing. Cooperatives and some distributionism, heck, maybe a communist commune or two for good measure.

There is no “communist commune” you buffoon. You are no longer allocated an apartment downtown. You are going to the Funny Island
HorsesandMuchMOAR
Chaotic Little Trees - 1000+ images under their artist tag
A Really Hyper Artist - 500+ images under their artist tag
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary
A Really Classy Artist - 250+ images under their artist tag
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant

Gallusposting since 2019
@AaronMk

I meant that you might be asking for people to focus on poorer people in the cities, rather than “everyone in the city is poor”. What do you hate about suburbs, and what would you like them to become?
Penguin Dragneel
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Thread Starter - Weeb Wars: The Anime Controversy Thread
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Artist -
Wallet After Summer Sale -

The Latest Tax Write-Off
Fox News really likes bashing Biden, don’t they.

This morning, I overheard them talk about how “removing troops from Afghanistan was disrespectful to the people who lost family members during 9/11.”

(Sigh) They already accomplished their goal when Osama Bin Laden kicked the bucket 10 YEARS AGO. There’s no reason for troops to still be assigned there, aside from satiating Conservatives’ hate-boners.
Ereiam
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Betrayal! - Betrayed their team for a badge. Shame forever!
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - Organization is important.
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Monde de merde
They already accomplished their goal when Osama Bin Laden kicked the bucket 16 YEARS AGO.

What are you talking about? The 10 year anniversary of his death is next month.
Latecomer

@Penguin Dragneel  
Er, 10 years ago. Unless you have some conspiracy theory?

And as for tbe whole urban/rural/suburban thing… well, it’s certainly true the rural population’s interests need protecting, they shouldn’t have the power to bend the legislature to their will if they’re the minority.
NitroFury
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Thread Starter - Horseplay
Artist -

Nitro Cat Bad!
Fox News really likes bashing Biden, don’t they.
This morning, I overheard them talk about how “removing troops from Afghanistan was disrespectful to the people who lost family members during 9/11.”
(Sigh) They already accomplished their goal when Osama Bin Laden kicked the bucket 10 YEARS AGO. There’s no reason for troops to still be assigned there, aside from satiating Conservatives’ hate-boners.

Yeah, let’s just say they’re pretty much okay keeping our troops there so they continue bombing brown people.
Background Pony #E201
@Latecomer  
Yeah, I get why people immediately jump to democracy and 1 person, 1 vote. It sounds totally fair. The problem is when you have situations where an urban center is so populated they could dictate everything. Different regions have different priorities and values, and if you let cities dictate everything you risk alienating people who don’t live there, and that’s not good for a state or country.
Background Pony #A0EA
@Latecomer
Yeah, I get why people immediately jump to democracy and 1 person, 1 vote. It sounds totally fair. The problem is when you have situations where an urban center is so populated they could dictate everything. Different regions have different priorities and values, and if you let cities dictate everything you risk alienating people who don’t live there, and that’s not good for a state or country.

So instead of states with urban centers with tens of millions in population imposing their “priorities and values”, you have practically empty states like Montana, Idaho, North Dakota, etc. imposing their “priorities and values”.

Genius system, where a voter in Anchorage has 40x more power in the Senate than a voter in Houston.
Background Pony #E201
@Background Pony #A0EA  
Except that’s an oversimplification of the US Government. The House of Representatives exists to give proportional representation, while the Senate exists to give state representation. This is designed so that neither group simply imposes it’s will over the other. Montana is not running the country, the power still rests in urban centers, but they just can’t dictate policy.
Background Pony #E201
@Latecomer  
So then states with lower populations also aren’t running the show.

In order for a bill to pass through the legislature it needs to be approved by both the house and the senate. You can’t argue that the lower population states run the show because the Senate needs to approve a bill, while ignoring that the House also needs to approve the bill.
Background Pony #B25F
If Arizona, Nevada and Georgia stay blue, Republicans could very well never win another presidential election.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Techy Cutie Pony Collection!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide