Don't blame me, I voted for the other guy. (Politics General)

Background Pony #E201
@Dustcan  
Well no, evidence can be fabricated, with politicians a simple accusation can be enough to do harm. He is also an easy target since apparently this guy was known to push his luck at minimum.
doloresbridge
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition

Peace to all
@WatermelonRat  
John Boehner, swamp creature that he is, has always struck me as more honest when he shares assessments and his perspective post office than a lot of the normal post elected Never Trumpers who just sell their souls to a performative mainstream liberalism. Whether I agree is a different matter but in this case I do believe that he is telling a lot of how he actually felt on it.

@NitroFury  
most Conservatives, at least here in United States, are overly religious

I partially disagree. The religious were part of the trifecta of the Reagan, along with, business types and defense hawks. Though that coalition has destabilized in recent years. Defense Hawks couldn’t get along with Trump and a lot of the bussiness types lost their base. The conservatives right now are made up with a lot of disillusioned remnants of various groups that got burned by the left or otherwise left out of progress in some way. What I am interested in is if the these various groups of less religious working class voters, liberals and Pseudoliberals how much they embrace or debase the old conservative order and I have casually seen evidence of both old conservative groups becoming more relaxed on some issues and new arrivals becoming more culturally conservative in some ways.
Background Pony #E201
@UserAccount  
The longer this is going the more it hurts, so you go to the man and say “if you do this thing, we’ll make it all go away”. So theoretically he could be innocent and still be extorted. The story is a bit too crazy though.
Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
I’m kinda hoping he is innocent. Gaetz needs to removed from Congress, yes, but I’d prefer to think there’s less pedophilia rather than more.

Failing that and he did pork and underage girl, yeah he needs to have the book thrown at him.
doloresbridge
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Peace to all
The plan resulted in the Trump campaign refunding almost eleven percent of what it raised online in 2020, or more than $122 million, a figure that may increase as more claims roll in.
The campaign was also reportedly planned on the strong likelihood that it would have to pay back at least some of the recurring donations — so it used the funds like a loan.
“The recurring donations swelled Mr. Trump’s treasury in September and October, just as his finances were deteriorating. He was then able to use tens of millions of dollars he raised after the election, under the guise of fighting his unfounded fraud claims, to help cover the refunds he owed,” the Times report stated.
“In effect, the money that Mr. Trump eventually had to refund amounted to an interest-free loan from unwitting supporters at the most important juncture of the 2020 race.”

Sounds like it was a desperate maneuver put in during the height of the campaign. That doesn’t make it right though, even if they pay it back, I still find it scummy.
Background Human
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

CHS, Class of 20XX
@doloresbridge  
These are people who, in the year of our Lord two thousand twenty, were still saying to themselves, “yes, I believe this Trump fellow is trustworthy”.

To quote the philosopher William Jones, it’s immoral to let a sucker keep their money.
tehwatever
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.

…hm…  
After reading Ereiam’s reply, and him not knowing how satanist symbols are treated, I might be able to conclude something about wearing a religious garb in France.

you can’t wear your religion with sincerity.

As long as ppl perceive you to be highly ironic they probably won’t do nothing. You can proclaim to worship big tiddy vampire mama, worship Levi from AoT, claim Jedi as your religion, or practice a super obscure exotic arcane religion that only like 100 people actually believe in, then you’re okay.  
The key point is maybe, that if a religion is seen as a complete joke no matter how serious the practicioners might be, wearing it might not be an issue.

Btw Sikh students wear turban and they don’t cut their hair. So…they just have to man-bun it everytime, then? Ereiam you ever had sikh students in yer school? Did they wear the turbans?
Ereiam
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Betrayal! - Betrayed their team for a badge. Shame forever!
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - Organization is important.
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Monde de merde
@tehwatever  
Sikh turbans are also off-limits (the anti-discrimination commission HALDE was involved in such a case back in 2008).

And it’s more like France is big on being a secular republic: public administration workers aren’t allowed to wear religious symbols at work either, however public service users are and so are citizens in public space, where freedom of cult is still allowed as long as it doesn’t disturb the peace — as for private workplaces, labor laws encourage a “neutrality principle” as well (which can also apply to political opinions), however refusing a customer service based on their religion is considered discrimination and reprehensible as such.  
As for public schools, since they’re considered neutral grounds where students are supposed to be free from religious influences in the course of their education, they aren’t allowed such displays either (private schools however are free from those restrictions, which doesn’t sit well with some who consider that double standards).

If the religious symbols are showy and easily recognizable, then you’re in trouble (I’m not an educator, but if I had to hazard a guess, going as a pentacle-wearing satanist would probably also be a big no-no). Pretending to be a member of a joke religion and proselytize for it might also be grounds to be sent home or at least get a stern talking-to, depending of how much of a sense of humor the teacher has.
tehwatever
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.

@Ereiam  
Well. Now that you’ve clarified it; it’s not that bad. I guess it’s fine.

If not proselytize, but rather just display affection to commercial brands or apolitical identity religiously, does it count as a religious symbol?

Like, if you hella into Nike, all your gears Nike, or you only own Apple products, and generally any other religious behavior without a specific “religion”. Because ngl the line between fandom behavior and religious observance is kinda blurry.

So between an otherwise inconspicuous hijabi and a guy who obviously wears their snowflake, secular identity upfront, which one more likely to be in trouble with the authority?

My guess is, the one more likely to attract more stares would be the one who is more likely to get into trouble.
Ereiam
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Betrayal! - Betrayed their team for a badge. Shame forever!
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - Organization is important.

Monde de merde
@tehwatever  
Sadly, corporate branding still has yet to be requalified as sectarian drifting, despite all signs evidencing it as such.

In all seriousness though, the law doesn’t cover any unconspicuous religious signs or things you might be able to pass off as a fashion statement (you can wear a bandana instead of a hijab, but if they ask you to take it off in class, you have no choice but comply).  
As for commercial brands in school, there used to be some kind of debate about banning them as well, but I believe it went nowhere.
Zincy
Non-Fungible Trixie -

In Vino Veritas
Everyone has their breaking moment when the Cancel Culture strikes a cord.

Just had mine with what’s happening to Vinny of Vinesauce. One of the generally nicest, most humble people on Twitch who raises hundreds of thousands for charity each year. Now, the latest to fall victim to this madness.

What’s worse is that one of his supposed friends, and fellow streamer, is a leading voice in this slander. All for what? Some brownie points from a movement that will eat you alive at a moments notice?

Don’t think that just because you threw them a body that it’s safe to walk into the vipers pit.
Background Pony #1F81
@Dustcan  
When are the Reps just gonna outright say that they hate black people?  
like it’s an open secret at this point
Background Pony #5548
The event of Evergreen was being stuck happened because the goody-2-shoes hindian captain had refused to give a bribe to a egyptian navigating officer (a steersman) (or other technician) , stubbornly following the zero bribe policy. Unfortunatly the conservative scums have already spread the fairy tale that it happened because the navigating officer was a female. Usually bribes are payed in dollars or in cigarettes.
Zincy
Non-Fungible Trixie -

In Vino Veritas
@Background Pony #5548

A navigating officer that, funnily enough, was not on the ship.

Because the rampant and unending sexism that pervades that blasted desert wasteland does not yield to such trivialities as…the laws of time and fucking space.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
KilianKuro Commissions!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide