Don't blame me, I voted for the other guy. (Politics General)

Violet Rose in The Rain
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

@MethidMan

It all goes back the conservative idea of the status quo.

If I was exposed to it as kid/teen ie when I had no real eye for political discourse, then it’s not political and that makes it good. Now that I can see the values and or political opinions a film has(and I don’t agree with them), that means it’s shoving them down my throat and that makes it bad.

Conservatives have a rather annoying tendency to see movies promoting their preferred philosophies as “politically neutral”.
Hollowfox, Always The Worst Person
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Wallet After Summer Sale -

Est. 2012
@Angrybrony  
It’s more of men getting Metoo’d by women.

And sometimes I thought of it as revenge against men because they won’t let them have their time to shine with female driven stuff like this and Captain Marvel.

And instead of getting bashed, they apparently forgive them for their precious feminist piece of media and they get their respect back.
MethidMan
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Artist -

Maybe Silbasa should check out the Duckman episode Forbidden Fruit to see how rampant feminism was in the 90’s (although the episode exaggerates it, much of the man-hating was still somewhat accurate). I’d say feminism has become less of a problem in recent years.

Before anyone says anything, I was born in ‘82 so I’ve actually lived through the 90’s. Although I was young, I was still very much aware of the ‘war on boys’ back then.
Violet Rose in The Rain
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

@MethidMan

What no one is talking about is that cancel culture was created and fermented by conservatives, the Red Scare of 1917, McCarthyism, the various celebs who got cancelled for being against Bush II’s wars and so forth. Conservatives and liberals are just mad that their mechanism of removing doves and leftists voices have turned on them after 100 years.
silbasa
Pixel Perfection - Hot Pockets Spotted
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition

@MethidMan  
I have never seen Duckman so I can’t really say what it was. Sounds good though. Feminism has to an extent been replaced by sjws and gender activists now. There’s a lot of infighting over trans people in particular. But they still agree they don’t like men and they are still very much out there.

@Violet Rose in The Rain  
Years of reading crazy feminist interpretations of everything from marriage to intercourse. And personal accounts on how they really feel. It’s a mess.
Ciaran
ラ・ゼッタ - For supporting the site
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab

Senior Moderator
友情は魔法だ
@Ciaran
Speaking out against sexual harassment …

Speaking out against harassment of any kind, especially sexual harassment, is a good thing. If you feel like you can’t date people any more because you aren’t allowed to sexually harass them, then maybe you aren’t ‘dating’ others. Maybe you’re ‘assaulting’ them.

And the only thing it changed about dating is related to sex, which either is consensual sex or no sex at all.

Non-consensual sex is rape. If your partner doesn’t consent, then don’t have sex with them.

The ‘Me2’ movement didn’t ‘change’ that. Rape has been illegal in most of the civilized world for a long time - that’s not ‘new’.

And, again, if not being able to have non-consensual sex with your ‘date’ is something that prevents you from being able to ‘date’, then you aren’t trying to ‘date’ someone - you’re trying to rape them.

(Also it prohibited office romance) Mostly when it comes to heterosexual couples.

Office romances have been forbidden (or colossal administrative nightmares) for decades. That’s not ‘new’.
Ciaran
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.

Senior Moderator
友情は魔法だ
@Hollowfox Jaeger  
“Sex” wasn’t less controversial, sexual misconduct in the workplace was less controversial. “Sex” itself has always been hugely controversial, especially in media companies. It still is, especially in conservative societies.

People standing together against sexual misconduct in the workplace, and standing up to some of the most powerful people in their industries who were perpetuating it, is what changed.

Ending sexual misconduct in the workplace doesn’t mean that heterosexuality is doomed, and won’t result in male extinction.

And if you are no longer able to date normally because you can’t rape or sexually harass your partner, that’s on you - not on the Me2 movement.
tehwatever
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Artist -
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.

Speaking of consent–this can fuck you up, BAD.

Always have a written consent, or recorded, or electronically signed, or uploaded into the internet, every time before you even put on a condom. Make sure the consent of both parties are clear! In fact, make it public!

Have a video of you and your partner two seconds before penetration expressing consent over whatever kinky / vanilla stuff you wanna do. Every time. Make sure your sexual acts are without a doubt, LEGAL.

Why? Because they may, 5 years down the line come by and claim you raped them. That is enough to FUCK your career. Nevermind if it turned out to be fake. Just a whiff of a rumor that you could have been at one point in your life, a rapist, a pedo or BOTH? You done, son.

Also, marriage does not mean consent. There was once upon a time when a marriage contract witnessed by authority and community was enough to imply consent between the two parties.

But not the case after marital rape is now considered to be an actual thing and carries the same weight as rape.

Basically: Stick with anime girls and hentai. They can’t consent, which means you will always rape them, but they can’t sue your ass for it either.
Hollowfox, Always The Worst Person

Est. 2012
@neutralgrey  
Is it really popular? Especially when homosexuality and LGBTQ+ has been accepted and Disney and DreamWorks used She-Ra, Kipo and Owl House as an apology for hetero ships on Voltron and SVTFOE that pissed off the fans? (And lest we forget the misandry in The Wilds and Euphoria)

Not to mention, third-wave feminism is still alive and misandrist feminists exist. Heck, Anita Sarkeesian and Zoe Quinn are the ones who popularized sex-negativity in feminism these days.

Also, Keira Knightley stopped being sexy for the so-called male gaze.

Not to mention, as I said before, most men got MeToo’d by women. But you’ll never believe me anyway, just like the whole idea of “criticized company goes bankrupt”.

Heck, I can imagine most guys being gay or most girls being lesbian since polyamory and polygamy is illegal.
Ciaran

Senior Moderator
友情は魔法だ
Is it really popular? Especially when homosexuality and LGBTQ+ has been accepted and Disney and DreamWorks used She-Ra, Kipo and Owl House as an apology for hetero ships on Voltron and SVTFOE that pissed off the fans? (And lest we forget the misandry in The Wilds and Euphoria)

So, your problem is that “homosexuality and LGBTQ+ has been accepted”?

Let’s take one of your examples.

In Kipo there was one homosexual relationship. One. Surrounded by dozens or maybe even hundreds of heterosexual relationships.

Why is there being a single homosexual relationship in a show that otherwise is wall-to-wall heterosexual relationships make heterosexuality ‘not popular’?
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
The Travelling Pony Museum Shop!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide