Don't blame me, I voted for the other guy. (Politics General)

silbasa
Pixel Perfection - Hot Pockets Spotted
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -

@neutralgrey  
I am/was a fan of SW and it is fun to see what happens with the franchise on stage and backstage. MSM just gives you glowing reviews of everything. I want more perspectives. Over time I learn who has sources worth listening to and who does not.
neutralgrey
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Silver Bit -

@silbasa  
So you find crazy tabloids To be worth listening to? Star Wars is in a good spot right now. We saw Boba Fett kick ass and we’re getting close to getting a new Clone Wars spin off.
Ciaran
ラ・ゼッタ - For supporting the site
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab

Senior Moderator
友情は魔法だ
@silbasa  
This doesn’t seem to have anything to do with politics. If you want to talk about Star Wars, I’m sure there’s more appropriate threads.
Zincy
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

In Vino Veritas
The biggest factors in the Texas blackouts were frozen instruments at gas and oil plants, grid overload, and a higher than average demand for natural gas crimping the supply to plants.

Yet somehow conservatives were like “I bet wind turbines did this”.

I’d say these people were living in a fantasy land, but that’s an insult to the entire genre. I can’t even say they live in a world of make believe without it being insulting to 5 year olds who are smarter than half those idiots.
Background Pony #70D6
Trump would have had him lying in honor at the Capitol.
Or worse.

“Is there any way we can put his head on Mount Rushmore? We could put it right between my head, and Mike Lindell’s head.”
Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
Trump went on Fox News ^despite them somehow hating him according to him^ to talk about Rush. Naturally since Trump is incapable of having more than a few thoughts in his pea-brain he instead turned it into another rant about how he totally won the election and it was stolen from him.

Fox News does know it’s already being sued for $2.7 billion for peddling those very lies right? Man, MAGA are some of the biggest rubes on the planet. Not only did they acquit the same guy who tried to have them killed only a month earlier but now they’re letting him make their legal cases even harder.
Background Pony #A937
@CaptainXtra  
What kind of equality do you want? Most capitalists prefer an equality of opportunity over equality of outcome. The truth is no system is ever really equal, though I think history has shown capitalism has done the best job of achieving both equality and prosperity of people. Some will disagree, but looking at capitalist countries like western Europe, America, Japan, South Korea, compared to China, the Soviets, Venezuela, and pre capitalist societies, I’m not convinced. I think equality of opportunity is definitely the way to go.
Zincy
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

In Vino Veritas
@Background Pony #A937

That would be fine and dandy if it provided real equal opportunity.

The issue with how we run our capitalism here is that there are such high barriers to entry and an extreme reliance on debt accrument.

The gig and freelance economies have dented that somewhat, but they’re more a sign of the problems than a solution to them.

When I think of equality in capitalism, I think of strong social safety nets, low cost education, low barriers to entry, and a decreased reliance on debt and credit. None of those are antithetical to capitalism, and all of them would allow people to spend more.

If people didn’t have to constantly worry about keeping the lights on and the water flowing, they’d have more freedom and capital to take risks. Spend more, get education, start businesses, invest, etc.

Look, I’m about as capitalist as they come in this thread. But even I can see that it needs some serious reforms. There is no shame in saying a problem needs to be fixed.
Background Pony #6AC3
@Zincy  
Sure, plenty of reforms can be done, the US economy is pretty far from perfect. The US isn’t even in the top ten freest economies in the world. The country has some pretty bad an ineffective rules and regulations that need to be removed, fixed, and passed, in order to allow everyone to participate in the system to their full capacity. Sadly I don’t think either major party will be moving us in that direction anytime soon.
tehwatever
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Artist -
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.

@Zincy  
You gotta either have capital or borrow capital to even get started on playing the game, and for most people that’s a one-chance thing. Lucky are those who could fail a capitalist endeavor and have the opportunity to try again. for most, they CAN’T. Like you said, due to high barriers of entry.

Give more ppl more than one chance at the game and you’ll have more ppl happily taking part in capitalism.

Also being a capitalist doesn’t mean being a cutthroat sonofabitch who likes bleeding ppl dry and hoarding all the wealth. Generosity and awareness towards the welfare of others are not anti-capitalist at all. If anything, being generous gives other ppl another chance to be part of a happy capitalist environment.
Zincy
Non-Fungible Trixie -

In Vino Veritas
@tehwatever

It’s like in Deep Space Nine when the Grand Nagus of the Ferangi finally realized that if females could make money, they could also spend money.

@Background Pony #6AC3

Give it time. People can only be pushed so far before something breaks.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Sky Railroad Merch Shop!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide