Don't blame me, I voted for the other guy. (Politics General)

Latecomer

@MagpulPony  
I’m pretty sure there are many exceptions in even a year’s crime records - but true, it’s bad odds. But what if the group of people have a gun each?

@Violet Rose in The Rain  
Or maybe some people don’t want to do that, but would rather salvage as much of the current system as they can (even if that’s not much?)
MagpulPony
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab

Fuck Russia
@Latecomer  
Most scum criminals lack any form of training. They aren’t going to stick around the second an armed civilian returns fire or draws. As it usually goes down. Plus most crimes stopped by guns don’t even involve the gun being fired.
Latecomer

@MagpulPony  
Well, maybe. But I do wonder what a natural hellhole America must be, if it needs firearms to bring it down to having some of the worst crime and particularly homicide rates in the first world.
MagpulPony
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Fuck Russia
@Background Human  
Living under an iron fist wasn’t exactly great. And look, we broke away and in barely 200 years became the most powerful nation in human history while leaving England in the dust. Hell, they don’t even have their own nuclear ICBMs, that lease them from us.
MagpulPony
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Fuck Russia
@Latecomer  
Guess you’ll need to keep wondering. I wonder why people are so uncivilized in England that they keep brutally stabbing each other and throwing hydrochloric acid in peoples faces.
MagpulPony
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Fuck Russia
@Latecomer  
Because it is an entitlement. The actions of few should not determine the fate of the entire population. That’s not how it works. That’s like saying, well, too many people have died as a result of drunk driving, plus alcohol is bad for you. Therefore, We should ban all alcohol permanently for everyone
Background Human
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

CHS, Class of 20XX
@MagpulPony  
But drunk driving is illegal, even if you’re not harming anyone. And driving, period, has all sorts of legal requirements. You can’t just pound a 40 and get behind the wheel like “AH GOT RIGHTS!”
Latecomer

@MagpulPony  
Maybe don’t say that one to an avid teetotaler who might totally do that if it seemed even vaguely feasible? I’m not really sure if alcohol or guns are worse for society… but I am sure that the combination can only be terrible. So maybe try guns but no alcohol, see how that works?…. Oh.
MagpulPony
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Fuck Russia
@Background Human  
Yeah, and shooting someone is also illegal, and there are legal requirements for buying a gun, too. Such as having to pass a background check. You can’t just buy a gun and go shoot people from your porch while screaming Ah got rights! Unlike what Biden said.

@Latecomer  
Exactly. Prohibition didn’t work. And you think banning guns would? There would be massive civil disobedience and no compliance. It’s not enforceable.
Latecomer

@MagpulPony  
Prohibition was handled poorly, in another age, and it’s mistakes can be learned from. And part of it would be getting the country into a mood for compliance. Promoting a new age, a new gun culture.
kleptomage
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - 10+ uploads with over 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)

It feels strange to have a week of positive news from the White House. President Biden isn’t posting insane rants on Twitter, lying constantly, or encouraging conspiracy theories, racism, and violence. He’s not trying to sic the military on protesters, worsen divisions in the country, ignore the pandemic, alienate our allies, suck up to dictators, stop legal voting, or undermine our democracy.

I realize I’m setting a very low bar for the President, but having a normal, functional man in office is a welcome change.
Ciaran
ラ・ゼッタ - For supporting the site
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab

Senior Moderator
友情は魔法だ
@Latecomer  
Gun safety - including handling, shooting, cleaning, all of it, should be taught in public schools, starting in grade school and going right through high school. Just like balancing your bank account or owning and driving a car.

full

@MagpulPony  
I have lots of relatives who had no kids when they died, so ended up with lots of guns I’ve inherited. Most folks in my generation and the old timers had the usual standard set of hunting rifles and guns, plus “something special” from whichever war they or their parents were in. And, along the way, some really odd but beautiful weapons. Like, my Grandpa’s 32 special Winchester with the pop-up sight and the saddle ring, just like in the westerns. And an old German Luger which I’m pretty sure is a 9mm but it’s so old shooting it just seems wrong, so I’ve never figured out for sure. It just sits in a display case.

Anyway, I think the system for background checks should be automated and updated and should be faster and stronger, including the fed sharing data with the states and civilian police, and I strongly believe that weapons designed specifically for war should never be in the hands of civilians. Also I don’t believe the current administration is going to take away everyone’s guns. The only administration I’ve ever heard say they wanted to deny people due process and have the cops round up their guns without a conviction or even a trial was a Republican president, not a Democrat.

@kleptomage  
Welcome to “Toxic Positivity”. It’s almost creepy, isn’t it?
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Champions of Equestria

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide