Don't blame me, I voted for the other guy. (Politics General)

MethidMan
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Artist -

This is one of the most deliberately obtuse and ignorantly dismissive takes that I have ever seen posted by anyone on this website. I am not exaggerating.

You know what, you’re right. I worded it wrong.

The First Amendment only applies to the government. Period.
Violet Rose in The Rain
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

Environmental regulation can in fact increase worker productivity and overall capital accumulation, according to new research from Italian economists, with green taxes having the largest potential effect on productivity.
The theory says — and De Santis’ research confirms — that when strict environmental policies are implemented, it forces companies to innovate, which in turn improves production techniques in an environmentally friendly way.
“So it is basically a win-win solution, because on the one side, firms improve their competitiveness,” De Santis said. “On the other side, it also adds to the environment.”

Renewability can increase growth. In fact, it has to if we want to replace unsustainable practices.

But here’s the thing; the technology can be used to increase profit like any other tech especially when you talk about efficiency. On the other hand, if you have a limited world you will always be fundamentally held back by finite resources.

Getting the infrastructure for renewable energy isn’t enough; you need to create an economic system that isn’t dependent on profit or infinite growth for it to be sustainable.
tehwatever
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.

Speaking of.  
Violet, you mentioned you trans woman, right? So you think you should compete in the men’s league instead of the women’s league?  
Considering sports is usually based on physical attributes, especially combat sports, then it would make sense for you to compete with the boys, so to speak.
Background Pony #5A29
@tehwatever  
Depends on how unfit. Men can rebound and get back into decent enough shape fairly quickly and their tends to be a sizeable ability gap between men and woman.
tehwatever
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.

@Latecomer  
Weight class and brackets are already a thing! since forever!

It’s in the question of consent. Some women dont want to roll with men and men dont want to roll with women.

Sexism? Yes.
tehwatever
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

@Background Pony #5A29  
In the same weightclass? Where you potentially could actually beat him? All of the lass in UFC women division could kick my ass easy and I got 10 lbs over them.

But yea I understand. If for whatever reason you not comfortable being in physical, potentially violent contact and with men for sports that’s your choice.

Imo it’s still sexism, but I understand.
Background Pony #5A29
@Latecomer

@tehwatever  
I got curious about it awhile back and from the evidence I’ve found even woman in the same weightclass as men are disadvantaged. That’s not to say they can’t win, just that men and woman, even at the same weight, are different. I can understand if either one didn’t want to take that fight, and for woman I don’t see it as a sexism thing.
Commune
Betrayal! - Betrayed their team for a badge. Shame forever!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.

🚙
I initially thought MBS is some evil Machiavellian villain but when you really look at it, he’s a fucking idiot

Every single one of his foreign policies objectives, every one from the Qatar blockade to Yemen, is a miserable failure  
The Saudi army is still in a relatively dismal state and once the US moves out of the region, they are fucked
Background Pony #7A74
Grown men are significantly stronger than women. More muscles, more lung capacity, more blood volume and probably many other factors. In the same weight class women will lose the majority of the time to men. This is why even today men and women do not compete together in sports.
Violet Rose in The Rain

Speaking of.
Violet, you mentioned you trans woman, right? So you think you should compete in the men’s league instead of the women’s league?
Considering sports is usually based on physical attributes, especially combat sports, then it would make sense for you to compete with the boys, so to speak.

The NCAA and Olympics and nearly every other major athletic organizations already have very pragmatic guidelines for exactly this kind of situation.

Athletic advantage is based on testosterone levels. So athletic competition is based on testosterone levels. Trans women can compete with cis women after their testosterone levels have been in average female range for at least one year. Trans men can compete with cis men without restriction, but are no longer eligible to compete with cis women immediately after they start testosterone.
tehwatever
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

@Background Pony #5A29  
Sexism isn’t, like a taboo or something. It’s just preferences.  
You wanting a female doctor over a male one is within your rights and guess what? It’s Sexism.  
You not okay with dating men but okay with dating women is also sexism.

It’s all consensual, no harm done, considering your rejection isn’t a rejection of their abilities, nor do you assume their abilities are inherently tied to their gender.

Why do you guys tryna justify everything? Look just be sexist, it’s okay.

Most babysitter jobs I seen i Madrid, almost 90% of them asks specifically for women. Nevermind that men can do it as well as women can.

I was looking for rooms and there was this cute and cheap room close to where I work. It’s ideal. But they only want female tenants, nevermind that I check literally all the other boxes.  
Should I sue the landlord for sexism when she said “sorry but our tenants at the moment are girls and looking for another girl”?

What yall think?
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
KilianKuro Commissions!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide