Don't blame me, I voted for the other guy. (Politics General)

Violet Rose in The Rain
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

@Background Pony #0DE7

It was boring watching you spout every tired point I’ve already seen before, but for some reason the whole degenerate things makes me laugh. Like, oh nooooooo. The Left wants y’all to be ok with gay people and trans people. That’s super bad.

Who said masks were bad until it wasn’t? Who said lockdowns were a bad thing until it wasn’t? Why should I give a single shit about some governor if they’re not a leading scientific or medical authority on COVID? Who’s destroying religion?
CottonTales
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Ruler of Sheep
@Background Pony #0DE7  
So to be clear you believe [insert version of christianity of your choice] should be the one true religion and anyone who believes in any other religion should be taught they are objectively wrong as mandated by the government
Natry
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Constant Lurker
@Violet Rose in The Rain  
The WHO organization did say that there were no benefits to wearing a mask unless you’re already sick. I think they were lying to make sure health experts got enough, but people like me who had them already didn’t use them when we could have.
Background Pony #613E
@HorsesandMuchMOAR
Bowing to Jesus is based. People don’t need to bow to other people. The rightest plan is to create order and tradition. The leftist plan is to do the opposite. Its two different visions of the future. Even the heroes are different. The right pulls more from the founders, the left pulls more from the civil rights leaders.

Fucking cringe, bro.
Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
@Background Pony #0DE7
Who said masks were bad until it wasn’t? Who said lockdowns were a bad thing until it wasn’t? Why should I give a single shit about some governor if they’re not a leading scientific or medical authority on COVID? Who’s destroying religion?

Fauci, actually.

What the Qultists don’t mention, however, was that he said this while:

A) Wanting to save lives. Because under the employ of Trump, of course “saving lives” and “telling the truth” are mutually exclusive.  
B) Qualifying his statement as masks won’t definitively prevent infection, merely reduce the chance. You know, not trying to peddle snake oil.  
C) Because the Dumbass in Chief was a dumbass, there wasn’t enough PPE for the entire country. So he didn’t want everyone rushing to grab the limited supply of masks early on and leaving the most vulnerable without any.
Violet Rose in The Rain

@Dustcan

Makes sense.

I have no idea where all these rumours originated from so your contribution was helpful.

C in particular is funny because both you and I have seen idiots praising Trump’s travel ban on China which was about as effective as swallowing bezoars while completely ignoring all the other mistakes he made.
Background Pony #0DE7
Deletion reason: Rule #8 - Please keep people's personal and private information private.
O. Hancock

Penis
@Dustcan  
Actually that’s still bullshit though. That’s one of the reasons these idiots run around not trusting anything the government says. You don’t have to defend Fauci and the liberals 100% even if you’re with them in principle. We want to be better than our opposition and while most of their arguments are based on huge ignorance and assbackwards values, I give the head-in-the-sand, anti-life, anti-Covid-fighting crowd a free pass on that one, because seriously, wtf, I don’t care if it was to try and get more masks to nurses, he fucking lied and that’s a breach of trust. You should be pro-science and and against institutionalized deception at the same time. Shit like that legitimately adds fuel to the flames of the conspiracy theorists and we should be condemning any bullshit that comes from our own side, not defending it and making excuses.
O. Hancock

Penis
@Background Pony #0DE7  
I feel you.

I was wearing a mask before anyone else in my area was, while they were telling us not to, and I will continue to wear one whether or not the government tells me to or not to. This virus is real and it’s a real big threat. It’s killed family members of my friends. It has a good chance of killing my elderly grandmother with COPD. It pisses me off they told us that too. This is why anytime the government tells you something you should go see what other experts are saying and find the science behind what they are or aren’t saying. In the case of masks, they don’t eliminate risk, but they reduce the chance of you or someone else getting the virus, especially if you don’t touch your face, you touch the mask only by the straps and wash or rotate your masks frequently. In combination with social distancing and frequent hand washing, we could’ve had low Covid-19 numbers like Japan and New Zealand, but instead our people are idiots who don’t give a fuck about anyone but themselves and not inconveniencing themselves.
Violet Rose in The Rain

What do you mean we shouldn’t give a shit what politicians say, did you have this kind of apathy with Trump? I’m sure you didn’t.
Damn, it’s almost like there’s a huge fucking difference between the leader of a state and the president of one of the most powerful people in the entire world and how the latter fucked the pooch in his four years of screwing America over.

As for gatherings, even the New York Times sees the hypocrisy here:
https://www.nytimes.com/2020/07/06/us/Epidemiologists-coronavirus-protests-quarantine.html

I listened to some anti protest scientists (biologists) discussing this. I say they’re anti protest to drive home the point that they’re not in favour of them and post hoc rationalising anything. They’re pleasantly surprised at the lack of protests contributing to the spread. Their hypothesis ended up being: masks (reduced particles), outside (large air volume), and moving around (not much time spent breathing in any particles that do get expelled) seem to be big mitigations.

Pro-Trump rallies, on the other hand, often take place inside enclosed areas with many refusing to wear masks and social distancing in addition to staying in one place. Doesn’t take a genius to know how both end up having different results but I guess that’s too much for you.

Its been in the lefts interest to sap power away from and attack organised religion, because organised religion is against everything they stand for.

If you’re salty about Starbucks not printing Christmas designs on their cups or people saying “Happy holidays” then just come out with it.

Edit: I’d rather trust a source that has a reputation for being a reliable fact-checker over whatever you’ve pulled out of your crusty ass.
Violet Rose in The Rain

Those protests have resulted in some reforms in how cities and school districts use police departments, as well as the removal of some symbols seen as emblematic of the country’s systemic racism.
One thing they did not appear to have caused, however, is an uptick in COVID-19 cases. The research paper Black Lives Matter Protests, Social Distancing, and COVID-19 looked at virus data from protests between May 26 and June 20, found “no evidence that urban protests reignited COVID-19 case growth during the more than three weeks following protest onset.”
“We conclude that predictions of broad negative public health consequences of Black Lives Matter protests were far too narrowly conceived,” the authors of the National Bureau of Economic Research paper wrote.
That lines up with what others have seen in various cities.
“I have not seen any peer-reviewed research linking outdoor protests (or really any major outdoor events) to the surge here in Texas,” said Rodney Rohde, PhD, an associate dean for research at Texas State’s College of Health Professions who focuses on public health microbiology.
In New York City, where the protests led to a citywide curfew, the story was similar. Jeffrey Shaman, PhD, director of Columbia University’s climate and health program, has been leading modeling projects over the past several months to project how the virus is likely to spread. In the wake of the protests, he did some modeling to try to understand how much they might contribute to the spread.
The protests were outdoors, mostly during the day, and appeared to have a high proportion of people wearing masks. The models ran three scenarios based on how much these factors might have been able to reduce transmission: most, least, and moderate.
“If we saw a moderate-sized reduction in transmissibility, we still would have seen a small spike,” Sharman said. “But we didn’t see that.”
There are a couple of elements to that logic. The biggest factor is the protests were outdoors. There was also the fact that people were largely moving and exposed to the sun and wind.
“In general, being outdoors does help, due to fresh circulation of air and the antiviral effects of the UV in sunlight, as well as the virus’s fragile nature with desiccation,” Rohde said. “This doesn’t mean the virus can’t be transmitted outdoors, but it’s certainly better than being in enclosed, indoor spaces with lots of people and low air turnover.”
Looking at the relationship between rising coronavirus cases in states with greater protest participation, researchers wrote: “There is a clear and significant negative correlation between the percentage of a state’s population who reported protesting and the subsequent increase in cases of COVID-19.”
In other words, the demonstrations “were very unlikely to be” the big driver behind the surge in infections in June and July, says David Lazer, university distinguished professor of political science and computer and information sciences at Northeastern, and one of the researchers who conducted the study.
“We’re not saying the protests didn’t cause more cases, an assessment that will require substantial, additional analyses” he added. “It’s just that if they were the key drivers, then you would expect the places that had the most protesters to have the biggest surge, and, in fact, the opposite is the case.”
Background Pony #0DE7
@O. Hancock  
Many epidemiologists have been consistently wrong in some area or another throughout this pandemic. This insistence on defending them on every turn is infuriating.

@Violet Rose in The Rain  
Are you ignoring the point on purpose? This is obviously an example. You could go with someone less powerful. But yeah, being the governor of New York is itself a pretty powerful position and an influential person in the Democratic party.

Trump rallies are not protests. A protests would be, say, the US anti-lockdown protests which were attacked and accused of spreading the virus. Pro-leftist rallies were not attacked. Its obvious why, many epidemiologists are not politically neutral. They are liberal. There is obviously no consistency in attacking some rallies and not attacking and even encouraging others. And its not simply evil right-wingers like me pointing this out, that far-right hive known as The Guardian published an opinion piece to the same effect:  
https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2020/jun/08/we-often-accuse-the-right-of-distorting-science-but-the-left-changed-the-coronavirus-narrative-overnight

The typical liberal going to bat for the major corporation. You’ve been doing that a lot this year. Talk about degeneracy and the first thing he does is defend megacorp for no reason. I didn’t even say anything about Christmas. I’m talking about the Church as a primarily conservative organisation. Obviously its in liberal/leftist interest to attack it. How else are you slaughter babies?
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Ponies Online! - April 13-14

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide