Don't blame me, I voted for the other guy. (Politics General)

AaronMk
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Philomena - For helping others attend the 2021 community collab
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.

Sky funeral
Zero Books - After The Capitol Uprising: Should Big Tech Take Control

A broad ranging discussion with Matt Binder of Mashable on the continuing fallout of the Events at Capitol Hill. Namely around the function of big tech and what they are doing (or should not do, or are already not doing) as the spotlight turns on them. Namely in that they don’t actually want to alienate their user bases as much as they could, and that the pressures from advertisers are really the major factor in forcing their hand at taking what is the least they can do, as far as American Liberal consensus goes. And as an extension probing the outline of the meaning of conspiracy theories in today’s political landscape, and how sections of the politically active are no doubt totally lost to Q and will die believing in Q.
Background Pony #1DB9
@CottonTales  
I don’t agree with your latter point that the marketplace of ideas will inevitably end up a wash, I just don’t think actual Nazis have a strong enough argument. They will always exist but aren’t an issue unless society is reaching a point where people are hopeless and desperate. The same applies to Communism.

But besides that the more important topic is the definition of extreme or dangerous elements. If we are limiting the discussion to just Derpi then people are naturally going to be cautious about what is considered extreme or dangerous. I don’t consider pictures of a Nazi horse either of those things, others disagree, but I would consider users planning something like the Capitol riots here to be extreme and banworthy. I don’t know where the admins of the site would draw the line now, or a year from now if suddenly attention from outside of the fandom falls on something they deem anti-lgbt, or racist.
Latecomer

@Background Pony #83DA  
Not everything, but a hell of a lot of things.

@Background Pony #1DB9  
Except it does.

@Background Pony #83DA  
@Background Pony #1DB9
this! if you want to change people actually talk too them, instead of silencing them out of fear or talk AT them

Some people aren’t interested in listening.

@silbasa  
It only happened because people didn’t get behind it full force. And most of the objectors have left.

@Background Pony #83DA  
Controlling people can be done for good reasons. Or shall we abolish prisons too? (How leftist!)
CottonTales
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Ruler of Sheep
@Background Pony #1DB9  
Yes it falls to opinion and that much I understand can be tricky. I also don’t really care if there is just a pony that happens to be a nazi or communist…its on my ‘make sure they aren’t making ‘“joke”’ nudge nudge wink wink arguments about the pros of naziism or communism’ list but like its not a big deal alone and blanket bans can hurt more than help.

And not so much a wash as something people have to stay on top of to prevent it being a wash or worse and I don’t think it’s the average users responsibility to stay on top of it as much as those in charge.
silbasa
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition

@Latecomer  
You don’t understand that there are far more important principles at stake than protecting someone’s feelings. Banning does not work. When they tried that they damaged the whole community forever. Filters work. Keeping it apolitical works. But during BLM2 all of sudden someone lit a fire under someone’s rear end and they all of a sudden had to act because Twitter told them it was urgent. SJW nonsense the lot of it.
HorsesandMuchMOAR
Chaotic Little Trees - 1000+ images under their artist tag
A Really Hyper Artist - 500+ images under their artist tag
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary
A Really Classy Artist - 250+ images under their artist tag
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant

Gallusposting since 2019
@Vivace

When many leftist users quit Derpi, why won’t they create their own leftist booru as their counterpart to reich-wing Ponybooru?

This user hates Jews because “they killed Jesus/are slime” and he wants them dead. No surprise.

I would rather have bastards like these banned and eliminated to prevent them from becoming the next serial killer. FUCK NAZISM!

EDIT: You’re right. There’s one user at Ponybooru who also supports the historical Nazis and hates Blacks. No surprise too that Ponybooru is horrible.

I might as well ask them on what they would consider to be “pro-White”/“anti-White” and how to make works fit their standard, since those blokes talk about this too much.
Zincy
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

In Vino Veritas
Trump is set to leave office with the lowest average approval rating in modern polling history.

Quinnipiac, who has been decently “kind” to the President in terms of his polling, has him sitting at 33 I believe. All told, 538 has his approval hovering around 38. But if you take out lower quality polls, and the incredibly right leaning Rasmussen poll, it drops to a dismal 34.
HorsesandMuchMOAR
Chaotic Little Trees - 1000+ images under their artist tag
A Really Hyper Artist - 500+ images under their artist tag
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary
A Really Classy Artist - 250+ images under their artist tag
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant

Gallusposting since 2019
@Vivace

I would like to ask again.

Since many people left Derpi because of its Nazi problem, why won’t they make their own leftist version of Derpibooru?

Could it be due to it being costly, or Twitter and Furbooru already fulfilling that role? I would like to know, and I think it might be a more amusing place than Derpi (in fact it might be enjoyable for its pride flag art!).
Background Pony #83DA
@Latecomer  
Alright I’m going to tackle these in order. in your opinion what is the worst thing that can be done in order to destroy evil? As a follow up at what point does good become evil? But twitter just wants to control the narrative.

The second reply. I understand SOME people aren’t willing to talk and thats sad, but its their choice. And in those cases I’d go on my way. Unless of course they were doing something illegal at which point I’d call the authorities.

And finally I understand control CAN be a good thing under certain circumstances (such as putting someone dangerous in prison)

I hope you understand, I’m not always the best with words
Latecomer

@Background Pony #83DA  
How great an evil? One has to be proportionate.

Good becomes evil when it forgets it’s supposed to be helping, not harming - or rather, that any harm should be for the sake of helping, not it’s own sake.

Evil left to grow is a dangerous thing. Would you just “ignore” rot in food? Or would you throw it away?

And censorship is likewise a tool which can be used to protect.
Background Pony #83DA
@Latecomer  
Censorship used to protect from what? Opposition? Difference of thought/ideas? Mean words?

As I see it censorship is ONLY dividing people and raising tentions
Latecomer

@Background Pony #83DA  
Well, you see it wrong, to be blunt.

And is wanting a place where being cruel to others is off the table such a bad thing?

There’s also the question of “legitimate” and “illegitimate” ideas, and whether giving all a voice blurs the difference.
Background Pony #5468
Sites banning people for repeatedly breaking the rules of that community is not ‘censorship’, and ‘free speech’ doesn’t mean others have to host you on their private property or that you have a right to be heard.

Any other solution ends up with the KKK being legally required by the government to host pro-LGBTQ and non-white speakers and events, and Catholic churches hosting ‘alternative time’ with their local Satanist coven.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
KilianKuro Commissions!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide