Don't blame me, I voted for the other guy. (Politics General)

MethidMan
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Artist -

“I do not agree with any word that you say, but I am ready to die for your right to say it” - Voltaire 1906

To be fair, Voltaire never said those particular words attributed to him, they were written by a biographer at the turn of the 20th century to explain her opinion on his views. The man himself certainly believed in not letting people with terrible views spout them unopposed and he was forever arguing against superstition, intolerance, and extremism.

An actual Voltaire quote: “Tolerance has never provoked a civil war; intolerance has covered the Earth in carnage.”

But the best reply to those who use the false quote is probably this Voltaire quote: “A witty saying proves nothing.”
Zincy
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

In Vino Veritas
@MethidMan

Voltaire would have a field day with the modern GOP.

Their baseless obsession with regulating peoples behaviours in the bedroom, and their insistence that they are the “moral majority” would give him loads of fodder.
Ebalosus
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Silver Bit -
Sapphire -
Happy Derpy! -
Bronze Supporter -

Build commie blocks!
@MethidMan

#AccidentallyLeftWing

Seriously though, the Capitol storming holds very little meaning to me, given the crooks who normally inhabit it. It’s akin to finding out that someone raided and vandalised Harvey Weinstein’s house: sure, the people who raided it technically did something wrong, but why again should I feel bad for a serial rapist and abuser?
Zincy
Non-Fungible Trixie -

In Vino Veritas
So GOP Georgia rep Marjorie Taylor Greene plans to draft articles of impeachment for Biden on day one.

When pressed for why, she brought up…the Capitol riots. And that impeaching Biden will be to prevent future abuses of power.

Sweety, really, that ain’t how this works.
Latecomer

@Ebalosus  
Because the Capitol itself has significance - it’s the seat of the entire American democratic institution. And as much of a swamp as that institution is, there are worse options, and a revolution of fascist populists is one of tgem.
igotnopicks
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Thread Starter - Splatoon thread

Monado User
So GOP Georgia rep Marjorie Taylor Greene plans to draft articles of impeachment for Biden on day one.
When pressed for why, she brought up…the Capitol riots. And that impeaching Biden will be to prevent future abuses of power.
Sweety, really, that ain’t how this works.
Okay this person is an idiot.
Wiimeiser
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag

(Foil Hat)
After the Derpi drama I no longer believe humans are one race. We’re now three: Human, Maga and Acab.

Also, could we blame the rise of genetic disorders in the last century on the World Wars, for killing all the young healthy people? Or is it better medicine? Or something else entirely?

@Dex Stewart  
Is there a reference I’m missing?
MethidMan
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Artist -

The other side talks about “2nd amendment options” and you are wringing your hands about a completely legitimate, peaceful way to express your discomfort?
Forcing others to act morally by threatening to take you business elsewhere is a very democratic, peaceful way of handling conflict. Forcing others to distance themselves from a violent coup attempt by taking your business elsewhere is hardly the worst option.
Boycotting South Africa was one of the driving forces behind ending apartheid. Public outrage led to Weinstein’s firing. Not because it was moral, but because the studios knew they couldn’t sell movies with his name attached to them. Draw the line as far as you can reach.
dissociativity
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~

@Wiimeiser  
Communists and anarchists existed well before ww1 and 2, acab ain’t new far as I’m aware, in fact, there were more of us politically active so you could argue that ww1/2 and/or the results killed those healthy verile leftists off more lol
Commune
Betrayal! - Betrayed their team for a badge. Shame forever!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

🚙
@Background Pony #110A
I did not say the opposite, I do not even deny the other, I do not deny that, for example, such a right-wing politician as Lee Kuan Yew is also for censorship. Singapore is a fairly right-wing state, and there is no freedom of speech, but there is a free market and capitalism.

“There is no freedom of speech”  
Lol what? I mean I guess in comparison to western standards maybe, but anti-Government speech is incredibly fucking common(which is funny because most people vote for the pro-Government party anyways)
lonewolf
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -

U mad?
And the Capitol riot get’s deeper.  
Large Bitcoin transfer being investigated.  
A month before the storming, someone in France transferred over half a million dollars in Bitcoin to several white nationalists and groups including VDARE, Daily Stormer, and Nick Fuentes. This and other intelligence is leading to the investigation of the funding sources for people who took part in it.

So now in addition to possibly having people on the inside, there’s possibility of foreign entities playing a part in it.

Oh and we have our first leftist arrested and charged for entering the capitol. He claimed he was just documenting the event, but didn’t have press credentials, and was caught on his own video saying “we about to burn this shit down” (the Yahoo story I found this in said he daid “let’s burn this shit down”) and “it’s time for a revolution” in addition to stuff about Trump.
Background Pony #1DB9
@Zincy  
Well no, she actually is filing impeachment because of Biden’s connections to Ukraine and China. Still too early for impeachment, but she has actual reasons.
Background Human
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

CHS, Class of 20XX
@lonewolf  
To clarify: the Trump stuff was at another protest. If he’d said it at the Capitol, he likely would have gotten his ass beat.

I’d love to know his motive. Is he just an anarchist? Is he egging on the Trumpers to make them look bad? Is he egging them on for better video? Or did he just get caught up in the crowd?
Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
Biden unveils his relief plan.

It’s fairly good. that $1.9 trillion is being put forward to various vaccine benefits, tribal government assistance, relief for school grades K-12 and higher, job expansion, unemployment benefit extension, etc.

Oh but he jipped us on those $2000 stimulus checks. They ran on $2000, period, but now that the election is over they’re now trying to pull a “$600 plus $1400 equals $2000! Thanks for the votes suckers!”

Yeah that sounds like a Democrat bill alright.

Edit: And with that “Democrat are gonna Democrat” news, here’s some “Republican are gonna Republican news.”

North Dakota GOP rep wants to include ‘American’ as a racial option on forms, saying that Africans are ’Glad their ancestors were brought as slaves.

A North Dakota legislator has introduced a bill that would allow residents to designate their race as “American” on official documents. In speaking about his proposal, Rep. Terry Jones said Black Americans are “glad their ancestors were brought here as slaves” — a comment one Black social activist called extremely racist.
House Bill 1333 would require state agencies to list “American” as the first option on any form that asks for racial information.
Jones, R-New Town, said he is “disgusted” with how race is used by bad actors to divide the country and that his legislation would help unify Americans under a shared identity.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Pony Arts & Prints!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide