Don't blame me, I voted for the other guy. (Politics General)

Violet Rose in The Rain
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

The order…would strip civil service protections from a broad swath of career civil servants if it is decided that they are in “confidential, policy-determining, policy-making, or policy-advocating positions”—a description previously reserved for the political appointees who come and go with each change in administration. It does that by creating a new category for such positions that do not turn over from administration to administration and reclassifying them as part of that category.
The range of workers who could be stripped of protections and placed in this new category is vast, experts say, and could include most of the non-partisan experts—scientists, doctors, lawyers, economists—whose work to advise and inform policymakers is supposed to be done in a way that is fact-driven and devoid of politics.
Trump has repeatedly clashed with such career workers on a variety of settings, ranging from his desire to present the COVID-19 pandemic as largely over, to his attempts to enable his allies to escape punishment for federal crimes, to his quixotic insistence that National Weather Service scientists back up his erroneous claim that the state of Alabama was threatened by a hurricane which was not heading in its direction.

Tell me more about how it’s the Left that need their safe spaces.
Background Pony #617D
@NitroFury  
Because this country doesn’t need another California, and I say this as someone who isn’t a conservative, nor a Republican.
Background Pony #3364
@Ebalosus  
I’m looking at the replies to this tweet, and DAMN, are the boomer neolib Democrats fucking salty about it! XD
Background Pony #9A93
Immediately after confirming Amy Coney Barret to reinforce a 6-3 conservative majority in the SCOTUS, Mitch McConnel adjourns senate matters until after the elections. He’s been smothering the House-approved economic relief bill for half a year and remains happy to let Americans starve in the cold while laughing and congratulating himself.

https://www.businessinsider.com/senate-adjourns-until-after-election-without-covid-19-bill-2020-10

Oh and yes, thousands upon thousands of Americans have been evicted from their homes in the last few months due to covid and Mitch’s intentional sabotage of any sort of relief for common citizens.
Ebalosus
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Silver Bit -
Sapphire -
Happy Derpy! -
Bronze Supporter -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Build commie blocks!
@Goku Black

It’ll be interesting to see if the Donald Trump and Friends go to Whitehouse is renewed, or if The West Wing: Geriatric edition is its Fall replacement, eh?
Background Pony #3364
@Goku Black  
I swear, if those monumentally fucked-up zoomers fucking destroy, loot, vandalize, tear down, or burn anything if Trump ever happens to win, again…
Ebalosus
Silver Bit -
Sapphire -
Happy Derpy! -
Bronze Supporter -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Build commie blocks!
@Background Pony #617D

Reminds me of a conservative shithead (with an anime avatar, of course) with heaps of alts based around anime body parts, who earlier this year would give us in the 3D-printed firearm community shit on Twitter for showing people how to print drop-in auto-sears for Glocks and AR-style rifles. It was because we were “undermining the conservative movement to protect the 2A” or some blithering horseshit like that.

Like with our anonymous friend here, they were persistent in their bitching, but unlike mr something something racism something, Anime[bodypart] actually believed the BS they were complaining that we (the 3DP firearm community) weren’t following.

@Background Pony #3364

Not with Barrett (50 Cal) on the SC.
Background Pony #3364
@DarkObsidian  
Damn, that is an important milestone of a movie. I saw the speech in the fall/winter of 2015 in my first semester of junior year of high school, and it was amazingly powerful.
Background Pony #68DC
@vit  
but they didn’t. The idea that the senate controlled by a different party not voting for a new justice is not new.

@Ereiam

@igotnopicks  
You two actually fell for that?
Background Pony #68DC
@Ereiam  
I’m a realist. The idea that people play politics is reality. As long as what they are doing isn’t radical, which this wasn’t, i’m not getting worked up over it.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
My Little Ties crafts shop

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide