Don't blame me, I voted for the other guy. (Politics General)

Latecomer

@Ebalosus  
No, I’m talking about judges. Specifically, how a Democratic president wasn’t supposed to appoint one much earlier in an election year then, but a Republican one can totally ram one through at the last minute now.

@Background Pony #59C6  
Perhaps. Of course, there were no doubt people in the past who said the same about a lot of things. Prohibition was in the Constitution too, once.

@Background Pony #59C6  
Well, bully to them. My government may have a zillion flaws, but I wouldn’t put “liberty-lacking” as one of them. (Then again, I am personally something of a big state authoritarian, so was never going to get on with anarchists anyway.)

@Patachu  
If I remember him right, Tommy Robinson is a good example of how the things you can’t say in the UK are things most Brits are quite happy to have that way.
Violet Rose in The Rain
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

The report, compiled by Oxfam and the Stockholm Environment Institute, warned that rampant overconsumption and the rich world’s addiction to high-carbon transport are exhausting the world’s “carbon budget”.
Such a concentration of carbon emissions in the hands of the rich means that despite taking the world to the brink of climate catastrophe, through burning fossil fuels, we have still failed to improve the lives of billions, said Tim Gore, head of policy, advocacy and research at Oxfam International.
“The global carbon budget has been squandered to expand the consumption of the already rich, rather than to improve humanity,” he told the Guardian. “A finite amount of carbon can be added to the atmosphere if we want to avoid the worst impacts of the climate crisis. We need to ensure that carbon is used for the best.”
The richest 10% of the global population, comprising about 630 million people, were responsible for about 52% of global emissions over the 25-year period, the study showed.
Globally, the richest 10% are those with incomes above about $35,000 (£27,000) a year, and the richest 1% are people earning more than about $100,000.

Well, guess all that “you can make a difference” advertisements about doing our part to save the environment was like asking passengers to bail out the sinking Titanic only using sieves. Who knew.
Violet Rose in The Rain
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

@Latecomer

Republican Oregonian senators walked out of a voting session for a bill and one ran all the way to a militia safe space, promising to shoot state troopers rather than return to his duty.

At this point, some people would rather let the planet burn than acknowledge the existence of anthropogenic climate change, like the Wilks Brothers.
GasMaskGuy98

British Space Nazi
@Ebalosus  
and possibly even shield us from the next Carrington event.  
You talking about the September 1859 geomagnetic storm? What a mess. It pushed both sets of polar aurorae down to tropical latitudes and caused telegraphs to fizzle out all over the world (while some worked by way of induced current even after being disconnected from their batteries). If something like that happened today, it could be devastating to the modern world.

In fact, it almost happened again in 2012. Fortunately, we missed it by a week. Had it hit us however…

But, uh, there is a 10-12% chance it could happen again in our lifetimes…
Ebalosus
Silver Bit -
Sapphire -
Happy Derpy! -
Bronze Supporter -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Build commie blocks!
@Angrybrony

Possibly, but everything talked about on SFIA is within the bounds of understood science (except where noted), and solar panels in orbit is hardly a new idea. Why not at least get them to pull double-duty as a solar shade as well?

@GasMaskGuy98

Yes, that one. That’s why I suggest getting the panels to pull triple-duty and protect us from them to a degree; at least until we can put more capable shielding in heliocentric orbit.
Background Pony #E28B
Trump’s campaign blew through a billion dollars.

Tell us more about how he’s a genius businessman.
Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
We’ve just past the 200k benchmark for Covid deaths but just yesterday Trump in another one of his indoor rallies says it “affects virtually nobody”.
Background Pony #4146
The richest 10% of the global population, comprising about 630 million people, were responsible for about 52% of global emissions over the 25-year period, the study showed.

Umm, this is global standards, so they’re talking about you, lol, not what your idea of a “rich person” is. Everyone in the US and Western Europe uses far more energy than anyone else.

@Dustcan  
It’s ok, they had a sign declaring it a BLM protest at the door, which we’ve been told makes corona magically ago away in respect for activism.

@Background Pony #59C6  
He says he was also talking about his hero, who ambush murdered a man in Portland. It’s pretty amazing he’d openly say that, but I guess he doesn’t really care about optics at this point.
Background Pony #4146
@Background Pony #8A0F  
So now you’re reduced to making excuses why your side outspent him 3 to 1 and still lost. Doesn’t sound like he’s the one that blew a billion dollars lmao
Background Pony #8A0F
@Background Pony #4146  
My side? Hah! I’m just an observer from the old world. Granted my statement is anectodal at best, but that’s how it looked from my point of view.  
Elections in general are waste of money. If it brings any joy to you, democrats did waste more money in comparison.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Sky Railroad Merch Shop!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide