Don't blame me, I voted for the other guy. (Politics General)

Patachu
Patachu - For Patreon supporters
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Best Art Program Ever - For artists who were courageous enough to draw something for the April Fools day.
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
The Magic of Friendship Grows - For helping others attend the 2020 Community Collab
Happy Derpy! - For Patreon supporters
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
Toola Roola - For helping others attend the 2019 Community Collab
A Really Classy Artist - 250+ images under their artist tag

@Princess Luna  
Let me check «Walter Leland Cronkite Jr. was an American broadcast journalist who served as anchorman for CBS and»  
a TV presenter’s opinion is even less of the reference of someone I expected being a director or deputy of some of the US’s administration. it’s just the level of an actor tweeting his opinion about Trump and BLM. Same thing : Being on TV isn’t a diploma.

«Things should be targeting drug dealers» that’s what I always suggested, I lived for years on a city where in down my building you always had poor people standing on a park with a syringe on the arm, and once you have seen a family mother on meth trying to sell her body to buy this shit, you only will want one thing, to buy a gun and clean up that mess. But that’s illegal.  
Seeing cops accelerating to skip the street because dealers are throwing things at them and more of this shit.

And it might even be worse today. You want this to be legalized? You think drug addicts will be better? Legalizing drugs is a mistake.
Latecomer

@Patachu  
The war on drugs needs fighting smarter, not harder. For instance, did you consider that a drug dealer not gunned down on the spot might provide valuable information?

The Duterte “solution” is not going to catch on in the First World. Law and order and due process - these things are important.
Princess Luna
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Thread Starter - Started a thread with over 100 pages
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Economist -
A Perfectly Normal Pony - <%Nebulon> Yeah, just fetch me a smaller anus, sweetie.
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
From the Night -

Senior Moderator
Site Developer
Tag Czar
@Patachu  
Comparing Walter Cronkite, veteran journalist from an era where journalism was not like it is today, to an actor tweeting his opinion, is extremely dismissive. As well, you clearly did not watch the videos provided and actually consider the information presented. It seems to me you are not interested in an actual logical debate of any kind, because you simply come up with excuses to invalidate information you don’t like, or ignore it entirely.
Patachu
Best Art Program Ever - For artists who were courageous enough to draw something for the April Fools day.
The Magic of Friendship Grows - For helping others attend the 2020 Community Collab

@Princess Luna

never said I did watch that video. I never watch a video in order to forge myself an opinion. Why should I?  
I don’t care if he’s right-wing, left-wing, libertarian or statist. Yes, the US and most Europe is losing the war on drugs due to the political views dominating and the lack of balls politicians have to do anything about it.

You need FORCE to guarantee people to be free again from this shit.

Am I required to read Mein Kampf, Das Kapital, or The Wealth Of Nations to criticize or approve of an ideology? What is YOUR opinion on that if you don’t read or watch a documentary about it? Based on your life experience instead of some people determined as “important” ’s opinions.
Ebalosus
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Silver Bit -
Sapphire -
Happy Derpy! -
Bronze Supporter -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Build commie blocks!
@Princess Luna

Unfortunately gun control is now super dead everywhere, but especially in North America due to the one-two punch of 3D-printing and Trump adding another pro-2A justice to the SC, so both the US and Canada may want to start legalising drugs across the board if they want to mitigate the cartel problem in Central America.
Patachu

@WyrmSpawN  
not crap, just anyone have the right to work and create what they want, including weapons if they want on their garage. but molding a gun using plastics and 3D printed parts with explosive ammunition in general sounds like a terrible idea.

@Ebalosus  
Owning guns is a right, and is indeed completely obsolete and impractical. Many will wrongly argue war against drugs is like war against guns.  
War against drugs is akin to war against pedophilia, child trafficking and more kind of horrible organized horrors done today.

@MagpulPony  
Yep, good thing that could help the authorities focus in the REAL issues, not scary looking boom sticks.
kleptomage
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - 10+ uploads with over 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)

It seems to me you are not interested in an actual logical debate of any kind, because you simply come up with excuses to invalidate information you don’t like, or ignore it entirely.

The same could be said for several other users in this thread. Before you tell me to report them, being willfully ignorant and intellectually dishonest is unfortunately not against the rules.
Patachu

@kleptomage  
Like I said, what is called being intellectually dishonest? When someone presents a video or a documentary made by someone, anyone evocating his/her opinions with a good layer of emotions, certified by some channel I never watched and pass it as a fact, to me it’s trash.  
Just like I said as defending an ideology by «please read my book, my dream is in there that’s how it’ll work!»

Posting a video or a quote does not makes anyone think, just repeaters. I urge you or anyone there not to use anyone’s opinion as a reference but even against mines, forge your own convictions. Get outside, observe the world you live in, instead of seeing the world thought the eyes of some “journalist” or “influencer” on social media passing as fucking experts.
Background Pony #A2C2
@WyrmSpawN  
Whole printed guns might still be, but you can print the lower parts of something and it should work much the same as the whole model upon which the blueprint is based assuming you’ve punched out all the necessary holes, have the matching upper parts and all that.
Patachu

@Background Pony #A2C2  
I approve, for all these parts, but instead of 3D printing with plastic, I’d rather invest in machining tools and make my own bump stock, handles and various parts out of oak wood. cherry or walnut. The idea afterall is to make your custom weapons, like for centuries swordsmiths have always created custom blades.
Vivace
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Artist -

“ShimSham my GlimGlams”
@Patachu  
Doesn’t help your case when you’re less of an expert than those you deride as expert pretenders and have convictions that have been shown to be unfounded. And here you are calling against finding sources to cite.
Princess Luna
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.
Economist -
A Perfectly Normal Pony - <%Nebulon> Yeah, just fetch me a smaller anus, sweetie.
From the Night -

Senior Moderator
Site Developer
Tag Czar
@kleptomage  
I’m starting to think this thread may need some kind of additional rules in that regard considering the nature of recent discussions in which people will argue something without evidence, then when evidence is presented, they just make excuses or, as with Patachu’s post just now, outright say that presenting something someone more knowledgible with actual credentials came up with after extensive research is entirely wrong to do, but it’s very tricky to actually craft them, and I don’t really like to go far on thread-specific rules to begin with.

@Angrybrony  
You’re not outright breaking rule 0, but I would generally recommend trying to criticize people in a way that actually points out the issue rather than just paraphrasing in an insulting manner. A more thoughtful criticism would be to say that Magpul’s stance seems to be an absolute with no foundation.

@Angrybrony  
And he didn’t even understand, or he’s deliberately trying to bait you. I really recommend you improve the quality of your posts.
Patachu

@Vivace  
I haven’t watched this video but i’m sure that’s the same source that will say  
«war on drugs costs money, you can’t stop drugs, legalize and tax drugs will bring money, addiction can be helped, why don’t we consider booze or tobacco like harder drugs too, el chapo did nothing wrong» kind of argument.

Like I said, a war is a war. You want to win it? do what’s necessary. Don’t use any strategy into it and you will lose it, and end in cities completely controlled by dealers and gangs, unemployment and all the shit we have in today. Because governments are too liberal : tough on our individual rights, laxist on actual criminals.

«And then, for no reason, people decided to vote this absolute mad lad for president»  
full

I must also add, the showbiz, press, hollywood and all the abominations of the media need their cargo of coke. of course they will oppose war against drugs. My solution is cheaper, use the army and don’t kid ourselves.

I’m not really statist, I hate it but sometimes, we have to.
Armagedonus
Duck - Thinks minorities should make their OWN ponds if they want to swim.

When it comes to “drug problems”, I personally support the idea of designating cartels as “terrorist organizations” and using things like “counter-terrorist ops” and “army involvement” to deal with them.  
Hell, maybe even add “intelligence agencies” to the mix and start assassinating politicians and other important people who take money from cartels.  
After few months, drug related countries would drop significantly, I am sure of that.
lonewolf
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -

U mad?
@WyrmSpawN
Mexico’s policy is designed to target the cartels and not the people buying from them; it’s a smarter use of their resources, and if the US did the same (similar to Portugal’s policies), it would most likely pull out the moneymaking ability of the cartels very quickly.
Nobody needs to be brutalized just because they were doing drugs. Things should be targeting drug dealers, but violence doesn’t really help unless it’s to defend against other violence (note that cartels by their nature are violent, unlike many other drug dealers); remove their actual market and they will stop dealing drugs. Targeting individual drug dealers just often leads to effectively hurting poor people with little other choices in how they can make money.

@Princess Luna  
So you support legalizing life destroying drugs like heroin and crack?
Princess Luna
Economist -
From the Night -

Senior Moderator
Site Developer
Tag Czar
@Patachu  
You are preemptively strawmanning it, and no, Cronkite’s arguments in the video series generally don’t resemble those. He spends a lot of time exploring the harmful effects on the people of America from misconstructed laws targeting the wrong people and using unnecessary harshness, as well as how the government was misleading people in order to garner political support.

…hmm, maybe strawmanning is what should be added to the thread’s rules.

@lonewolf  
Personal use? Yes. People should be sent to rehab to deal with addiction, not prison; and have their lives returned to normal, not destroyed. Drug dealers should be given punishment, but not harsh ones, unless they operate in a violent manner.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Techy Cutie Pony Collection!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide