Don't blame me, I voted for the other guy. (Politics General)

Patachu
Patachu - For Patreon supporters
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Best Art Program Ever - For artists who were courageous enough to draw something for the April Fools day.
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
The Magic of Friendship Grows - For helping others attend the 2020 Community Collab
Happy Derpy! - For Patreon supporters
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
Toola Roola - For helping others attend the 2019 Community Collab
A Really Classy Artist - 250+ images under their artist tag

@Latecomer  
Honesty? Towards who or what?  
On responsibility, R. Kane, in Causal indeterminism would agree that everyone of us as individuals have responsibilities and are in control of our acts. Your statement is incompatible with the idea of equality, imagine a judgment such as «it’s not the fault of one criminal, it’s also your fault for possessing or be something that make this person a criminal!»

Equality is an abomination when applied to justice.

(but hopefully Glimmer abandoned that concept)
Latecomer

@Patachu  
Honesty regarding the reasons the black community is dysfunctional.  
Responsibilty as a society to fix our past mistakes and present problems. From these, equality can be born.
Vivace
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Artist -

“ShimSham my GlimGlams”
@Background Pony #FF79  
It says in the link, and it turns out that in that city, the population each of non-Hispanic whites, blacks, and Hispanics is near to achieving parity. Together, blacks and Latinos had a bit less than 2x the population of whites, yet together were searched 4x as much. More instances of found contraband occurred among whites, so despite having little more than half the population of blacks and Latinos combined and being 4x less searched, whites were found with contraband 2x as often, suggesting that blacks and Latinos each were wrongly profiled 2x as hard. For this crime, it seems that no, blacks didn’t commit more offenses. Whites did.
phoenixacezero
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Birthday Cake - Celebrated MLP's 7th birthday
Artist -

@Latecomer  
There reason why it’s dysfunctional is due to multiple reason- One is school choice or lack of. The NAFTA is also to blame due to some people losing their jobs that they trained and it’s not like video game where you just open a menu and learn it by investing points. Please note that these reason only apply to some, not all.
GasMaskGuy98

British Space Nazi
@Latecomer  
Honesty regarding the reasons the black community is dysfunctional.  
Did you ever stop to ask why that is? Do you not think affirmative action and welfare have anything to do with people feeling no reason to push themselves to succeed? How about all the single mothers? A toxic culture that glorifies violence and deriding authority or learning?

The matter will go away when you stop treating the black community like a collective of children that cannot possibly succeed on their own and start treating them like they have responsibilities and accountability for their own actions. In other words, when you stop acting like their race and other people being racist is why they’re failing rather than their own choices.

Stop placing blame on everyone except the people responsible for their own lives.
Patachu
Patachu - For Patreon supporters
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Best Art Program Ever - For artists who were courageous enough to draw something for the April Fools day.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
The Magic of Friendship Grows - For helping others attend the 2020 Community Collab
Happy Derpy! - For Patreon supporters
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
Toola Roola - For helping others attend the 2019 Community Collab
A Really Classy Artist - 250+ images under their artist tag

@Latecomer  
exactly what  
@silbasa  
said. Black community will only rise as the white’s equals by stopping with the “I blame you for this” and finally be responsible of their own fate, and no, it does not just counts for the black community. Asians have also be victims of racism and discrimination. So does the jewish people, indian or arabic too.

Respect is not granted as free. You earn it!
Vivace
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Artist -

“ShimSham my GlimGlams”
Examining only cases from fiscal year 2016, the Commission found a 20.7 percent difference in the sentence length for Black male offenders compared to White male offenders…
…after controlling for violence in the offenders’ criminal history, the difference in sentence length between Black male offenders and White male offenders was 20.4 percent, a difference of only 0.3 percentage points from the results found without the additional data… Similarly, the difference in average sentence between the remaining offender groups was virtually identical to what it was without the additional data included in the analysis.

…the Commission found that the effect of the data about violent criminal history on the sentences imposed was, in itself, not statistically significant. That is, violence in an offender’s past did not have any independent effect on the sentence imposed over and above
the effect of the other variables measured. As discussed more fully
in the 2010 Booker Multivariate Analysis, interpreting regression analysis results depends on several factors. One primary factor is the “significance test,” which asks whether the results of the analysis for each independent variable are “statistically significant.” Statistical significance is a determination of the probability that the measured relationship between an independent variable and the dependent variable is the result of random chance (i.e., that the measured relationship does not, in fact, reflect a true association) 36. The Commission found that the prior violence variable itself had no statistically significant effect on the dependent variable (i.e., sentence length) 37. That is, it cannot be said that violence in an offender’s past has any true association with the sentence imposed.
Latecomer

@silbasa  
Really, I don’t know why I still bother trying to pierce your denial…

@GasMaskGuy98  
I have thought about it. I concluded the cause of all those issues was overwhelmingly racism, both past and current.

They’re not children - but a community, they’re basically the equivalent of someone disabled due to years of bone-breaking beatings.
Background Pony #4146
@Vivace  
“while finding contraband on white drivers twice as often.”

I will get back to you on this in several days when I get home, but the actual source simply does not say this, and I’m starting to wonder if you’re crossing the line from willful ignorance into something else.  
I have read the study they’re claiming to cite, and it doesn’t even make this claim. Its actual claim was that the hit rate for white drivers was higher (but not twice as much), not the actual rate of contraband possession. Either this site’s authors are completely innumerate, or they are deliberately lying.

Pro-tip: if your source says something like “helped create an inaccurate picture of crime”, and “The myth of “black-on-black” crime” it is lying.  
Do you know why they say it’s a myth? “The FBI’s Uniform Crime Report, which is considered the official measure of the national crime rate, has always emphasized street crime to the exclusion of organized and white-collar crime”…  
“White Collar Crime”, when we’re talking about the tens of thousands of murders?!

This propaganda is so bad it’s obscene. Why are you wasting people’s time with this shit?
GasMaskGuy98

British Space Nazi
@Latecomer  
I have thought about it. I concluded the cause of all those issues was overwhelmingly racism  
There’s the crux of a lot of your problems. You and those of your ilk who are pretending to fight racism are the ones perpetuating it by making everything about race. When I was growing up in the early 2000s (I’m 21), I was aware of other people’s races, but it factored in for me about the same as their hair or eye color.

Now it’s being mentioned into the ground. The “progressives” (and I use that term very loosely) turned it into a big deal to be different.

The fight to “stop racism” is a loop that feeds into itself indefinitely, i.e., it will never come to an end while people fight it, ironically enough. You want it to end? Stop talking about race, period.
Latecomer

@GasMaskGuy98  
That’s the ultimate end goal, but it can’t be achieved until we have racial equality. Otherwise it’s impossible to pursue it, or fight racism. In an ideal world, skin colour wouldn’t matter more than hair colour - but if we want to get to such a world in my lifetime, ignoring racisl issues isn’t the way.
GasMaskGuy98

British Space Nazi
@Latecomer  
The compos mentis way to go about this is to stop pretending like race is why people succeed or fail. If you truly believe everyone is equal, then systemic equality under the law is all that’s required. Racial bias can’t fade away while you perpetuate it through affirmative action.

You will never get there, that’s my point. You’re causing the very problem you’re talking about solving by trying to solve it instead of pushing the idea that race shouldn’t even be considered.
Vivace
Artist -

“ShimSham my GlimGlams”
In 2016, a Police Accountability Task Force in Chicago found that police searched black and Latino drivers four times as often as white drivers. However, police found contra-band on white drivers twice as often as black and Latino drivers.^59^

Page 39 (45) of the 2016 Perma.CC report:  
CPD’s traffic stop data also raise significant concerns regarding racial bias. In 2013, 46% of CPD’s 100,676 traffic stops involved black drivers, even though only 32% of the City’s population is black. White and Hispanic drivers were stopped at rates lower than their representation in the City’s population.111
For both blacks and Hispanics, the disparity widens significantly when it comes to vehicle searches. In 2013, CPD was over four times more likely to search with consent vehicles of black and Hispanic motorists, compared to white motorists (4.74 and 4.09 times, respectively). CPD was also more likely to search without consent vehicles of black and Hispanic motorists, compared to white motorists (3.42 and 4.82 times).112
Given these numbers, one might expect that CPD finds contraband in vehicles of black and Hispanic motorists at higher rates. That is not the case. In fact, the opposite is true. In consent searches, CPD found contraband when officers searched white motorists twice as often compared to black and Hispanic motorists. The “hit rates” were 12% for black motorists, 13% for Hispanic motorists and 24% for white motorists. The same pattern held for searches without consent. The hit rates were 17% for black motorists, 20% for Hispanic motorists and 30% for white motorists.113 These numbers appear to suggest that black and Hispanic motorists are subject to a high number of vehicle searches even though CPD’s own data suggest that, relative to whites, they are less likely to have contraband.
The disparate impact on minority motorists is not limited to routine traffic stops. From 2008 through2013, CPD set up 84% of DUI checkpoints in predominantly black or Hispanic police districts.114 Moreover,between March and August 2015, CPD set up 14 DUI checkpoints: nine in majority-black police districts,four in majority-Hispanic districts, and only one in a majority-white district. Some majority-white police districts have more alcohol-related car crashes than many of these minority districts, raising significant questions about how CPD selects the locations for these DUI checkpoints.115

More of the quote about white-collar crime.  
The FBI’s Uniform Crime Report, which is considered the official measure of the national crime rate, has always emphasized street crime to the exclusion of organized and white-collar crime.g As such, the figures that inform law enforcement strategies and priorities tend to reflect the crimes committed by low-income and unemployed Americans who, in part because of structural inequalities, are disproportionately black.
Basically, white-collar crime, the kind of crimes that black people have a lesser probability to engage in, don’t get the same treatment by in crime statistics and go unprioritized. These crimes fly under the radar more readily.
Backgroundpony
Non-Fungible Trixie -

@Latecomer  
Sounds like you subscribe to this “It is not enough to be not racist, you have to be actively anti racist.”

It is not enough to be not violent, you have to be the counter-violence.  
It is not enough to be not Christian, you have to be the anti-Christ.

It is not enough to be at the finishline and wait for the others to finish the race, you have to turn around before you finish the race and kick the others and trip them so they can not finish the race.
Latecomer

@GasMaskGuy98  
Your theory only applies if one ignores a) systemic disparities due to historical racism, b) subconcious bias, and c) other people not being as colour-blind as you are.

@Backgroundpony  
I’m not saying you have to be an activst - I’m not. But the start is having the right goals and ideas of how to pursue them.
Background Pony #4146
@Vivace  
Yes, tax evasion doesn’t get the same treatment as murder, holy shit are you serious?!

And yes, the contraband search thing doesn’t say anything like what they claimed in the blurb. They are lying, and you believe obvious lies like “thousands of murders don’t count because the FBI doesn’t include tax fraud in their violent crime statistics” because you desperately want to.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
The Travelling Pony Museum Shop!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide