Don't blame me, I voted for the other guy. (Politics General)

Armagedonus
Duck - Thinks minorities should make their OWN ponds if they want to swim.
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

@CaptainXtra  
This will end with either rapid escape of methane from ice clathrates in ocean floor, or with the eruption of BIG volcane.  
Year 2020 will be remembered as “Year of the BRAAP!”.
Zincy
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -

In Vino Veritas
Trump apparently still maintains that the virus will just “disappear”.

That man is a fucking idiot and the stupidity of his apologists is staggering.
Jolliapplegirl
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.
A Really Classy Artist - 250+ images under their artist tag
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -

@Zincy

I suppose the only appropriate response is ‘the end is nigh’.

In all honesty, I don’t feel like arguing this point but I really do wonder what response would you prefer? If he was doom and gloom, I doubt anyone would be happy. Saying things like ‘I hope things get better soon’ isn’t a bad thing. I don’t understand why it is that we act like it is.
HorsesandMuchMOAR
Chaotic Little Trees - 1000+ images under their artist tag
A Really Hyper Artist - 500+ images under their artist tag
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary
A Really Classy Artist - 250+ images under their artist tag
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant

Gallusposting since 2019
TBH as a Malaysian Chinese, I personally dislike Mainland China’s government. My reasons include:

• Banning many popular websites and games (like YouTube, Wikipedia, and Animal Crossing)  
  • A lot of restrictions  
  • Its nationalist supporters wanting China not only to replace the US as the global superpower, but to dominate it as an empire as revenge over the Opium War  
  • Being ruled by a so-called “Communist” party  
  • Trying to steal Malaysian islands on the South China Sea  
  • Some Chinese in Malaysia (my people) choosing to support it instead of remain loyal, thinking that Beijing will save them from discrimination.  
  • The threat of China trying to annex more land  
  • The threat of China trying to end Taiwan’s freedom by forced “reunification”.

Because of these reasons, I support Taiwan and India, which have more personal freedoms than China does. I also like India because of its rich history and religious heritage, and I think the world would be better off if India replaced America as a superpower.

Jai Hind!
Kiryu-Chan
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition

World's Okayest User
I suppose the only appropriate response is ‘the end is nigh’.
In all honesty, I don’t feel like arguing this point but I really do wonder what response would you prefer? If he was doom and gloom, I doubt anyone would be happy. Saying things like ‘I hope things get better soon’ isn’t a bad thing. I don’t understand why it is that we act like it is.

“Things are about to get really tough for a while but we’ll all get through this”. All the while not actively sabotaging federal or state attempts to control the virus and admitting that a lockdown would be necessary.

As things stand, between not doing a bloody thing to address it, and forcing places to open up and making kids to go back to school, all while 160k people are dead, dead that could have been entirely prevented, and not admitting he fucked up and not giving a shit. As far as I’m concerned Trump can go straight to Hell
Zincy
Non-Fungible Trixie -

In Vino Veritas
@Jolliapplegirl

It’s called being realistic you pillock. Don’t try and play extremes with me boy, (well, girl technically but that doesn’t sound right in the insult), that’s not a game you’ll win. I’m not Sky, nor any other doomsayer.

Acknowledge the fact that we’re in the midst of a dangerous pandemic and people need to take it seriously. Make people aware that we’re in this for the long haul, and that there is no magic bullet for it. That we need to keep up the mitigating behaviors, and not bank on it merely going away.
Background Pony #02F1
Trump apparently still maintains that the virus will just “disappear”.
That man is a fucking idiot and the stupidity of his apologists is staggering.
Perhaps someday, we can build Trump a wall. You know, like the one they made for the Vietnam war. And we can list on it every needless death he could have prevented were it not for his absolute stupidity, his unmitigated arrogance, and his callous indifference to human suffering.

@Kiryu-Chan  
“Things are about to get really tough for a while but we’ll all get through this”. All the while not actively sabotaging federal or state attempts to control the virus and admitting that a lockdown would be necessary.
It’s astonishing, really. The most basic response he could have gone with, the simplest option he could have taken, listening to actual experts and following their recommendations, and he couldn’t even manage that much.
Background Human
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

CHS, Class of 20XX
@Zincy  
One of the biggest mistakes any government can make is peddling unwarranted optimism. Continually asserting that things are improving when they are in fact deteriorating undermines trust in the government and sabotages its ability to improve things for real. Even the worst authoritarians, with all their control over information, can only run from the truth for so long. (Your smarter authoritarians acknowledge that shit’s bad while finding someone to blame for it, commonly the United States. You’re welcome.)
NitroFury
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Thread Starter - Horseplay
Artist -

Nitro Cat Bad!
Activision’s Underpaid Staff Struggle While Enriched Bosses Boast Of Record Success [Jim]

I know this video is not as political, but I’m placing it here for a reason to show you how Capitalism can affect an industry as large as the Gaming Industry and how an Unregulated Capitalist System lead to problems like this.

This has explains how the employees in Activision are struggling due to them being underpaid, while the higher ups at the company are making more money than their employees. Hell, in this video, there are also some Activision employees having to skip meals in to save money.
Wiimeiser
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary

(Foil Hat)
@NitroFury  
And people wonder why communism is so appealing, even though it has the same problem. The only solution is to watch the watchmen, but that only works if you have infinity layers of watchmen watching the watchmen.
NitroFury
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Thread Starter - Horseplay
Artist -

Nitro Cat Bad!
@Wiimeiser  
And of course you’ll have Capitalist Bootlickers telling that this is normal for big corporations to treat its employees like crap. Well, what’s normal is fucked up.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
The Travelling Pony Museum Shop!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide