Don't blame me, I voted for the other guy. (Politics General)

Background Pony #5431
@MagpulPony  
If the US is so brimming with top quality manufacturing, you’d think there’d be more products made in the US compared to what’s made in China. Can’t believe your reading comprehension leaves so much to be desired that I had to explain your own joke to you. So disappointing.
MagpulPony
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab

Fuck Russia
@Background Pony #5431  
I can’t believe your understanding of manufacturing is so limited, that you don’t even understand why so much stuff is made in China. What are you, 9? It’s because of ultra cheap slave labor, not quality control.
Zincy
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

In Vino Veritas
A conversation I had a month ago…

“Trump would never say we need to delay or cancel the election.” I was told by someone on this site.

Flash forward to a month later and not only is he saying just that, but also trying to undermine the integrity of the process by chanting how it will be fraudulent.

Thankfully, the incompetent oaf cannot delay the election, only Congress can. And the Dems would never allow it to happen.

Also, Trumps handpicked post master is doing everything in his power to hurt mail in voting.

“Overtime will be eliminated…If the plants run late they will keep the mail for the next day,” reads an internal memo reviewed by Fortune. “If we cannot deliver all the mail due to call offs or shortage of people and you have no other help, the mail will not go out.”
Background Pony #15B5
People saying Trump can not delay the election are technically wrong

COVID has created an easy pretext for Directive 51.  
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Security_and_Homeland_Security_Presidential_Directive…  
full

[National Security Presidential Directives - NSPDs]

its a vague, mostly classified directive which gives the president and DHS “coordination” authority over the other branches.Even if the authority didn’t exist, amendments/executive orders could be installed to make it work. That’d cause huge outrage and it isn’t a necessity based on the circumstances. But it’s there.

This virus is so deadly that they’ve ordered mandatory masks social distancing, closed businesses, churches, gyms, bars, the beach, skating parks, amusement parks, concerts ect & tell everyone to stay home. So why not postpone the election?

• Call to postpone the election under the guise that we are in a serious pandemic.  
  • Allow the left to explain how the pandemic isn’t serious enough to warrant that.  
  • Pull back.  
  • Use their own words against them when talking about reopening the economy, his job during it, Etc.

He’s gonna force the Democrats to call off mail-in voting so the election can proceed.

People have no idea the power they’ve let the government give themselves over the last few decades.

Things like this will always come back to bite those who passed it.  
    Dems: “The federal government needs to take COVID more seriously!”  
    GOP: “We need more limited government!”  
    Trump: “Execute Directive 51”  
    Democrats: “Not like that!”  
    GOP: “This is fine!”
Penguin Dragneel
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Thread Starter - Weeb Wars: The Anime Controversy Thread
Artist -

The Latest Tax Write-Off
@Zincy  
I find it hard to believe that the election won’t get delayed.

If it doesn’t get delayed, then Trump would likely use it to make the Democrats look like hypocrites, and that’s the last thing they want when they’re trying to oust him.
Kiryu-Chan
Non-Fungible Trixie -

World's Okayest User
@Penguin Dragneel  
That’s a problem that could easily be rectified if they just allowed mail-in voting instead of actively trying to suppress it when they know full well a lot of people aren’t gonna try to leave their house
Background Human
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

CHS, Class of 20XX
@Zincy  
Speaking of, Steven Calabresi, co-founder of the Federalist Society, a.k.a. the farm league for Republican judges and lawyers, had some rather strong words about Donny Don’t’s dumb tweet:  
I have voted Republican in every presidential election since 1980, including voting for Donald Trump in 2016. I wrote op-eds and a law review article protesting what I believe was an unconstitutional investigation by Robert Mueller. I also wrote an op-ed opposing President Trump’s impeachment.
But I am frankly appalled by the president’s recent tweet seeking to postpone the November election. Until recently, I had taken as political hyperbole the Democrats’ assertion that President Trump is a fascist. But this latest tweet is fascistic and is itself grounds for the president’s immediate impeachment again by the House of Representatives and his removal from office by the Senate.
President Trump needs to be told by every Republican in Congress that he cannot postpone the federal election. Doing so would be illegal, unconstitutional and without precedent in American history. Anyone who says otherwise should never be elected to Congress again.
It’s always funny to see what the breaking point is for some people. Like, everything else was okay, but this is where you draw the line? Not even a policy, technically. Just another unhinged emanation from his cakehole.

But if this is what it takes for conservatives to get off the crazy train, I’ll take it.
Zincy
Non-Fungible Trixie -

In Vino Veritas
@MagpulPony

What flavor of Kool-aid do you like?

@Background Human

Everyone has that “one” issue that is their breaking point. I have a crazy Christian friend who was so deep in a religious cult he was one step away from becoming a chaos space marine. His “breaking point” came when Fuckface Farwell over at Liberty brought back students during the pandemic and Trump voiced his support for it. He vowed never to support the republican party again till Trump was gone. Another friend of mine flipped when Trump announced the troop reduction in Germany. He went absolutely ballistic about it on social media.
MagpulPony
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Fuck Russia
@Zincy

@Vivace  
Considering the data and stats on Fox show that mail in voting is not safe overall but CNN data and all the left wing media says it’s perfectly fine, you can see my issue.
Zincy
Non-Fungible Trixie -

In Vino Veritas
@MagpulPony

How’s about some data.

Over the past 20 years, 250 million votes have been cast by mail. Of those, only 143 convictions of voter fraud has been attached to a mailed in ballot. Roughly .00006% of ballots if you’d like a yearly average.

Do you consider NPR to be “too liberal”, because here’s a massive expose on mail in voting, complete with data, sources, quotes and more. Have a gander, if your bias allows it

Here’s another article by the politically neutral fact-checking conglomerate TheConversation. Again, complete with data and sources. Take a peek, read, absorb
igotnopicks
Thread Starter - Splatoon thread

Monado User
@MagpulPony  
You think I’m kidding, Don’t you.

No, I’m not. If Trump were to delay the elections, we need a date which he doesn’t have. However you need to read the 20th amendment. Which does state his presidency ends on January 20th.
MagpulPony
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Fuck Russia
@Zincy  
Does convictions mean that cases of it that don’t result in conviction never happen? And I’m more concerned about the votes being messed with both intentionally or unintentionally after the fact than I am the fraud aspect by individuals.
Zincy
Non-Fungible Trixie -

In Vino Veritas
@MagpulPony

Lets see some stats then.

If this is so widespread as to be a problem, surely there is data on it yes? And since we have clearly seemed to set the ground that news cannot be trusted, let us explore the academic side. Find me some governmental or academic stats that show widespread, systemic risks. Show me cases, papers, testimonials. Back up your claims with research.

Failing that, I shall ignore your consternations.

And do not attempt to play the “no you” game. You made the claim, you provide the support.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Techy Cutie Pony Collection!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide