Don't blame me, I voted for the other guy. (Politics General)

MagpulPony
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab

Fuck Russia
@DarkObsidian  
So it’s basically a way for smaller, less powerful nations to be better protected? Against Russia and China? (The US has no interest in attacking European nations at the moment. Ya know, allies and all.)
Background Human
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

CHS, Class of 20XX
@MagpulPony  
It also gives them more leverage in trade negotiations. (Not that the US would ever try to bully its economic partners…) Individually, they’re smaller than California. Together, they’re on par with the US and China.
Background Pony #3AFC
@Angrybrony
Indeed, I fully agree. 4 more years of Trump is what this country needs. At least over creepy Joe Biden that seems to forget what room he’s in half the time.

Hello. I am from the future. Trump won in 2020. Now, I must go, my people need me.
DarkObsidian
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Economist -

Smiling Panzerfuchs 2.0
@MagpulPony

I’m not sure what you’re declaring a “small” nation now. As a German today, I would not allow myself the impudence to regard other European countries as small, especially if one takes into account how much they suffered after the end of the Second World War and the collapse of the Warsaw Pact.

Of the population, the United States may certainly be one of the largest nations in the world, but the military history of the United States also clearly shows how much it has constantly interfered in the internal affairs of other nations. Since 1815. I do not want to say, of course, that these “interference” of the Americans has always been unwelcome. But very often this also had negative consequences.

I will not presume at this point to be able to judge whether this “gunboat diplomacy” was right or wrong. But I can only tell you that the constant fear of whether the other side has a more powerful or better weapon than you have, only leads to seeing others as enemies forever. And not as a strategic partner.

That is why I see NATO, for example, only as a joke, just like the UN Security Council. This Cold War thinking brings us nowhere, especially economically. Who will nuke someone else who help you advance your own economy? Therefore, the desire and cult for ever better weapons and the most powerful military is a way to fascism. Nationalism and fascism feed on fear and fear alone. Real democracy is above such thinking.

Sorry. I just have to say it like that. The American armament stems from the fear of being subjugated once again by the British. In this century, weapons are killing innocent children, students and young people. They do not save anyone, especially no property, which would be replaced by insurance at any time. A brave couple doesn’t replace hundreds of dead students.

I’m not saying the possession of weapons is wrong. I own enough weapons myself. But I would never use force against another person. I use these weapons for hunting only. If necessary, I will defend the EU and my homeland. But I’m not going to shoot a burglar in the face. There are a thousand other ways to knock someone out. Life should be valued. But maybe I’m biased here as someone who’s already killed in the war. In any case, I do not want to have to repeat this if there are other means of doing so.

I’m not saying the possession of weapons is wrong at all. I own enough weapons myself. But I would never use force against another person. I use these weapons for hunting only. If necessary, I will defend my state and my homeland. But I’m not going to shoot a burglar in the face. There are a thousand other ways to knock someone out. Life should be sacred. But maybe I’m biased here as someone who’s already killed in the war. In any case, I do not want to have to repeat this if there are other means of doing so. But I am not an American either. I just hope that at some point, your people will realize that nationwide possession of weapons will do more damage than it solves.
MagpulPony
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Fuck Russia
@DarkObsidian  
I don’t get it. Are you talking about the US Military having ultra advanced weapons or the average American civilian having a rifle? Because neither are in response to fear of our strongest ally, Britain. In an ideal world, sure, the US Government could give up on always powering forward to achieve the most advanced weapons in the world, but at what cost? Because this isn’t an ideal world, it’s actually a pretty fucked up one. And if the US willingly gives up it’s position on top in terms of military capability, Russia or China will take it’s place, and that isn’t good for anyone.

As for the civilian side of things, it’s honorable to want to prevent innocent loss of life, however, America civilians with guns stop over three million crimes every year, often without firing a single shot. This vastly outnumbers the amount of lives lost to a tiny fraction of people that are fucking cowardly scum preying on the innocent and unprotected.
Scrabbleman
Duck - He literally asked for this
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Artist -
Birthday Cake - Celebrated MLP's 7th birthday
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

[screams in German]
  1. Coronavirus: How the Trump administration handled it  
  2. The Trump administration’s focus on the economy rather than the pandemic  
  3. Trump and his activities on Twitter, along with controversies  
  4. The ongoing public unrest in regards to BLM and George Floyd’s death  
  5. Tennessee Congressman Steve Cohen’s call to impeach Attorney General William Barr  
  6. Senior administration officials see Trump as a “threat to national security” regarding foreign affairs due to pulling soldiers from Germany and his calls at foreign leaders
Zincy
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

In Vino Veritas
The US averaged 55k new covid cases yesterday.

The single largest one day increase of any country, and larger than the combined total of the EU on any given day.

Trump is overseeing the largest loss of American life in decades, and he’s taken his hand off the wheel.
MagpulPony
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Fuck Russia
@Zincy  
Always Trumps fault, Orange man bad. Hasn’t he pretty much left it up to the states to decide how they are going to manage things? Look at my state, we were doing great, acted early even, and now we have the most infected county in the nation. Because Trump told us to re-open? No. Because our local leaders did.
Zincy
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

In Vino Veritas
@MagpulPony

That’s exactly the problem. It should have never been left up to the states. This was not the time for cavalier actions.

We needed a coordinated federal response, consistent regulation, and a head of state that didnt spend months downplaying it/spread conspiracies/demanding closed states open up.

Trump has egged on his supporters and “skeptics” since day one. He has stymied progress, second guessed experts, sown divisions, and encouraged people to violate state orders with that stupid liberate nonsense.

If you’re too blind, or willfully ignorant to see that then there really is no hope for you. You are just another one of his idiot cult. His words and actions mattered, and they cost lives. Regardless of what your brainwashed little soul wishes to believe.
Ereiam
Betrayal! - Betrayed their team for a badge. Shame forever!
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - Organization is important.

Monde de merde
@MagpulPony  
Then those states were ruled by idiots who didn’t understand the emergency of the situation and Trump was an idiot for caving to them (provided it actually happened as you said anyway, because you didn’t adress Trump’s calls to defy confinement orders on Twitter — and coincidentally, the only states he named when he did that happened to be under Democratic rule).  
There’s no “winning” against a pandemic, only damage control, and Trump has proven himself stupendously inefficient at that, because viruses don’t care about his boasting or blameshifting.
Background Pony #F261
@Zincy  
I disagree. You do need some federal response with the CDC and NIH, getting testing set up, but it should be left to the states to decide how to handle quarantines and shutdowns. New York and Montana are not the same thing, each state faces different challenges at different times.
Patachu
Patachu - For Patreon supporters
Best Art Program Ever - For artists who were courageous enough to draw something for the April Fools day.
The Magic of Friendship Grows - For helping others attend the 2020 Community Collab
Happy Derpy! - For Patreon supporters
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
Toola Roola - For helping others attend the 2019 Community Collab
A Really Classy Artist - 250+ images under their artist tag

If necessary, I will defend the EU and my homeland

Well I’d gladly defend my homeland against your EU and yourself.  
Again, a wall of text from a moral giver who makes us understand how WW2 could have happened. Germans can’t be helped but always think they can be in position of power. A small nation doesn’t means it can never become a problem again, as proven everyday by Miss Merkel.

@kleptomage  
Europeans never wanted to be unified, and never wanted to be ruled once again by the germans, that’s purely the ideal of Germany to have built the EU based on its politics and doctrine, and this since centuries, especially the 19 and 20th centuries, and more obvious today.  
Darkobsidian is a prime example, if not I gotta say the perfect example of the german mentality.
silbasa
Pixel Perfection - Hot Pockets Spotted
Non-Fungible Trixie -

@DarkObsidian  
NATO is brilliant and should be supported fully. We do not want to be ruled by other Europeans thank you. Your responsibility is to Germany and then the rest of us take care of ourselves.
DarkObsidian
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Economist -

Smiling Panzerfuchs 2.0
@silbasa

Whoever defends himself in self-defense does not act unlawfully. This is stated in the Strafgesetzbuch (§ 32) - the German penal code. Self-defense is therefore “the defence necessary to avert a present unlawful attack from oneself or from another.”

But a good lawyer helps anyway, because as a gun owner in Germany you are also subject to very strict conditions, whether you can have a gun license and a gun possession card at all. This includes, among other things, physical and mental fitness as well as the necessary expertise. Such things are automatically called into question when you fire your weapon. So you have to know how to defend yourself well and properly in court. Then that’s no problem. But I would still recommend using other means of self-defense to take someone out.
Kiryu-Chan
Non-Fungible Trixie -

World's Okayest User
@Zincy
The states were the ones initially bitching and whining about Trump giving the orders. So Trump is a bad guy if he tells them what to do, and Trump is a bad guy if he lets them make the rules. There’s no winning.

Dude Donald Trump spent most of his time picking fights with governors on both sides of the spectrum and actively undermined or outright harmed their attempts to get supplies for hospitals. All he did was give Americans a one-time $1200 which in the end of the did, did very little because people were still losing jobs and they had to worry about rent and losing homes, yet he never bothered to freeze rent. If anything it proved he could give people free money and bothe find a way to fuck it up and still get people to hate his guts
DarkObsidian
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Economist -

Smiling Panzerfuchs 2.0
@Patachu

Well, I’m sorry if I seem to confirm your racist paranoia against what you call the German mentality. But trust and mistrust in the EU are about the same, most Europeans have neither a good nor a bad opinion, as recent opinion polls have shown. Considering the crises of recent years, starting with the global financial crisis in 2007, I think that is perfectly understandable. The EU must also accept the accusation that it has not always acted correctly, but that is also very difficult in the case of problems that were not usually homemade. But perhaps I could not make it clear here that most politicians have learned about this, especially here in Germany. I wanted to express my joy at this and also my willingness to defend this development, which I believe to be positive.

And yes, I admit it without further ado, the EU is neither perfect nor is it particularly efficient at the moment, but this is also due, among other things, to the stones that are constantly being put in its way and the constant defamation. But I don’t even have to be annoyed by this, because I already see the younger generation, which is definitely longing for a united federal Europe. And economic and geopolitical interests alone will not stop Europe’s ever-growing fusion. At least that’s my private opinion. Which you’re welcome to continue to criticize. ;-)

@silbasa

The NATO is only as reliable as the partners to which it belongs. It could almost be described as a relic of the Cold War. In particular, the Trump administration has done nothing else in recent years to shake the prior trust in this institution again and again. I therefore believe that NATO should either be fundamentally reformed or abolished and been replaced by an EU-owned defence alliance. This would also make it more flexible to negotiate with supposed opponents.

But I also admit that I certainly think very German here, because we are dependent on trading partners such as Russia and China in order to become more energy-technically and economically more independent in the long term. But as a global partner and not as a competitor, as the Trump administration will not tire of portraying us. In my opinion, anyone who says otherwise simply ignores reality and wishes for the supposedly golden times of colonial grandeur back. No offense. And I am, from personal experience, an opponent of American protectionism as it is currently taking place. Sorry. ;-D
Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
Dude Donald Trump spent most of his time picking fights with governors on both sides of the spectrum and actively undermined or outright harmed their attempts to get supplies for hospitals.

To further emphasize this, he told governors all over the country they were on their own in order to foist responsibility away from his own incompetence. But when governors universally saw their approval ratings rise whenever they did do something (even if eventually in the case of most Rep governors) while Trump’s fell, Trump then started screaming that states have to listen to the Federal government. || The same one, mind you, that wasn’t telling them anything.||

All he did was give Americans a one-time $1200 which in the end of the did, did very little because people were still losing jobs and they had to worry about rent and losing homes, yet he never bothered to freeze rent.

And even that had to be delayed after he forced the treasury department to put his signature on them.

People needed that money now (and more), and yet Trump held that pittance up so he could remind people who was giving them in the first place.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Pony Arts & Prints!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide