Don't blame me, I voted for the other guy. (Politics General)

Penguin Dragneel
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Thread Starter - Weeb Wars: The Anime Controversy Thread
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Artist -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -

The Latest Tax Write-Off
@Latecomer  
It essentially bans edgy jokes about nazis, communism, and homophobia, ignoring the fact that filters exist for a reason (or the fact that no one actually supports those concepts).

It’s hypocritical though, seeing as ACAB images are allowed to roam free.
Background Pony #D0E9
@TheSultanAkbar  
Some people argue that silence against any form of bigotry is the same as supporting it. This is why people take it serious. Not that they should or shouldn’t, I don’t know. I take MLP (and this site by extension) very serious for reasons that have, from my perspective, nothing to do with politics or with how other people should live their lives.
Latecomer

@TheSultanAkbar  
Not for those who can clearly see how the Internet and reality are two sides of the same coin.

@Penguin Dragneel  
Perhaps a bit extreme, but on the other hand, I’d be rather suspicious of anyone who argued too hard for those things to be allowed. And I expect there will be some discretion used.
TheSultanAkbar
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).

@Background Pony #D0E9  
Sure, it’s a fansite about a beloved toyline/cartoon franchise. Entertainement and possibility of forming friendships and such and such.

Political agendas and narriatives have no place here. You will definetly not solve your so called bigotry problems by signaling around a website.
TheSultanAkbar

@Latecomer  
No, they’re not. Far from it. At least to me, internet is like, hyper-reality. Anything that happens IRL is reactively bounced around into the ether of the ’webs, completely removed from life at large. You can be anyone or anything on the net, regardless of reality. That makes it meaningless, to some extent.
Penguin Dragneel
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Thread Starter - Weeb Wars: The Anime Controversy Thread
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Artist -
Wallet After Summer Sale -

The Latest Tax Write-Off
@Latecomer  
Now I’m not denying that those things are bad. If someone really is homophobic, racist, or bigoted, I will not support them in any way, and I will want them banned.

But at the same time, these images feel more like edgy jokes than anything. These new policies feel like a bad omen that’ll do nothing but cause problems.
Latecomer

@TheSultanAkbar  
You can - but that doesn’t mean it’s unrelated to reality. Cetainly, I indulge in things here I have no rl interest in at all - but Nazism is different, because there are too many of them among us. It’s important to take a stand.

@Penguin Dragneel  
Then perhaps it is the racists and homphobes that should be blamed? If it was obviosu that these were just jokes, it wouldn’t be such a problem - but not everyone sees them as so ridiculous.
TheSultanAkbar

@Latecomer  
FIM? Political? Hardly. It’s a children’s cartoon. What, that one message about love and tolerance, oh, everyone should get together and hug it out? Oh, no shit, really? How often are anti-prejudice messages drilled in and how often do we not realise that life is not a children’s cartoon with superheroes and maniaical villains?
Latecomer

@Penguin Dragneel  
It may seem obvious to decent people like us, but sadly there are also those who spoil things for everyone by genuinely holding such ridiculous beliefs.

@TheSultanAkbar  
Love and tolerance is a fairly general message, true - but not so general that Nazism and bigotry aren’t antimatter to it’s matter.
TheSultanAkbar

@Latecomer  
So, I think you’re going kind of hardcore into the “Us vs. Them” mentality. I mean, who are these “nasty bigots”? What’d they do? Post a few hate messages? Forget them, remember what I said about internet and reality not being the same? IRL, they’re just regular people doing regular things, probably not able to harm a fly. I struggle to understand what’s got you so worked up over opposing ideologies. If I witnessed these mythological beings commiting an actual hate crime, that might not be cool, but I feel like you are just reaching into generalized thin air.
Latecomer

@TheSultanAkbar  
The problem is that there have been a lot of hate crimes these past few years. It’s become clear that at least in some countries, bigotry is less unthinkable than decent people had started to assume. So it’s only natural we’re wary of people who we know nothing about on the Internet. We can only be sure they aren’t bigots if they make a point of opposing them.
TheSultanAkbar

@Latecomer  
…yeah, whatever. You know what a hate crime is? Commiting a criminal act in the name of hatred. So, I say, I hate black people, and knock a brotha out. Even this, to me, is kind of silly. I mean, we’re supposed to be equal, isn’t human on human violence just violence? Who cares what I think of people of a certain colour, I commited random assault and that, I guess, ain’t cool.  
Unless you’re talking genocide and that is extreme and as far as I know, rare in this day in age.

No, someone disagreeing with you is not a hate crime.
TheSultanAkbar

@Angrybrony  
…whatever. All cartoons nowadays is is how many gays can we cram in for virtue signaling. Fine - it’s cool. I have no problem with them being a supposed couple, but hardly groundbreaking.
TheSultanAkbar

@Latecomer  
Well, I don’t know. I suppose I’ll just leave individuals to their targeted intentions. Only way to know what these are, is through mind inception thingies. And no one would like having their thoughts read, would they?
Background Pony #D0E9
@Latecomer  
Hate crimes are a problem but you’d have a hard time blaming them on posts on derpibooru or any other place in this fandom. If I tried to ostracize every person who I’ve seen doing Nazi gestures or drawing Swastikas in RL, I’d just be a douche with no peers or friends.
Background Pony #D0E9
@Latecomer  
People are never, in any context, exclusively judged by behaviour. That’s just a fact of psychological research. You always have group forming dynamics based on even arbitrary differences, you always have peer pressure, and the overwhelming amount of your routines and impulses are learned behaviour and biases based on previous experiences, influencing you on a subconscious level. Them being real doesn’t make them always right, but when you meet a new person, you cannot fathomably detach yourself from all the years of previous interactions.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Sky Railroad Merch Shop!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide