Don't blame me, I voted for the other guy. (Politics General)

Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
@Dustcan
China can indeed be blamed for “making the thing”.

When American Imperialism inevitably gets around to China and we uncover documentation and recordings in the Wuhan Umbrella lab directly stating they engineered the virus, then I’ll believe.

Otherwise ‘originated from’ =/= ‘created’.
Latecomer

@silbasa  
You barely seem to understand what “democracy” means. You do realise that the right of free speech was in part designed to protect against democracy?

And why on Earth should one allow evil things in one’s space - or at all? Evil is by defintion that which must not be tolerated.
Latecomer

@silbasa  
One tolerates what is not evil. You have to draw the line somewhere. And if a bunch of people who care more about being allowed to do Nazi art leave… the site will survive.
silbasa
Pixel Perfection - Hot Pockets Spotted
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -

@Latecomer  
This is where I end our discussion. You are a totalitarian that wont see reason. You just default back to that stance all the time. Good luck on your further endavours.
Background Pony #D0E9
@Latecomer  
People greatly disagree over what is evil all the time and this situation is a valid example for it. You need to get deeper into why edgy drawings damage a community. You inevitably allow evil in the moment you misjudge what is good or evil. You have to consider just how many people pledged a DNP after the initial rule change to understand that this is not about just a few people (a fair amount of which didn’t make any “nazi” art or were particularly invested in this before). The issue isn’t so clear cut and simple.
Latecomer

@Background Pony #D0E9  
As I see it, some people just place an extreme value on free speech, while others worry their work is too close to the line. Not all of them are bad people - most probably aren’t - but I do think most of them are wrong.
TheSultanAkbar
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).

@Latecomer  
You (like some here) are so obsessed with morality it’s affecting your view on reality…

@silbasa  
…and you (like some here) are so obsessed with liberty to the point of anarchy.

Can’t we just have a “post whatever you want but no agendas” policy?
Background Pony #D0E9
@Latecomer  
I couldn’t tell who is right, for that matter.  
Should harmless things be banned?  
Isn’t it worth to ban allegedly harmful things if it makes a stance against objectionable viewpoints?  
Isn’t it worse if this leads to a polarization of people who just want to draw and look at ponies into “Nazis” and “SJW”s?  
Don’t we have a serious problem with harmful ideologies infesting the whole fandom, and need to take a stance?  
Aren’t we creating that problem by drawing the line between right and wrong out of a political controversy instead of allowing people to decide for themselves?  
Maybe this site has to draw the line somewhere even if it means that a cultural root of its community is removed  
Or maybe we have to acknowledge that this place is too diverse in terms of viewpoints for such a clear line to even exist.
Background Pony #D0E9
@TheSultanAkbar  
The whole situation is essentially about figuring out what qualifies as an agenda, and how proactive the stance should be on moderating the large spectrum of part-agenda. I’d say that on both sides you will find (conflicting) views on agendas that are very much fine or even worth advocating for.
TheSultanAkbar
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).

@Background Pony #D0E9  
Oh my god, why would anyone take internet content so seriously? If some dudes want to post swastikas all over, fine, let them. It is harmless. You know what isn’t harmless? Witch hunting, like some of our more socially concious friends do.

@Latecomer  
Yes. Especially when internet content rarely has anything to do with reality.
Background Pony #D0E9
@Latecomer  
I didn’t say Nazism is the cultural root and I wouldn’t say that it is any more of a problem than, say, the furry fandom or the various subsets of people who enjoy anime. The root I was talking about is non-conformity, and many people have that background instead.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Pony Arts & Prints!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide