Don't blame me, I voted for the other guy. (Politics General)

UserAccount
Duck - User has been known to often resemble a waterfowl
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Thread Starter - Started a thread with over 100 pages
Wallet After Summer Sale -

#1 Spikeabuse Fan
Gun rights are good. Gun violence is mostly a mental health problem. The Left needs weapons to fend off the Far Right and to occasionally temporarily put aside our differences to destroy the fascistic Government.
Violet Rose in The Rain
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

Sonya Savage made the comment Friday on a podcast hosted by the Canadian Association of Oilwell Drilling Contractors. She was asked about progress of the Trans Mountain Expansion project, which is under construction on its route between Edmonton and Vancouver.
“Now is a great time to be building a pipeline because you can’t have protests of more than 15 people,” Ms. Savage said. “Let’s get it built.”
While the interviewer laughed, Ms. Savage did not.
Unprompted, Ms. Savage went on to suggest that the economic turmoil caused by the pandemic favours pipeline construction.
“People are not going to have tolerance and patience for protests that get in the way of people working,” she said on the podcast, which was posted on the association’s website. “People need jobs and those types of ideological protests that get in the way are not going to be tolerated by ordinary Canadians.”
Violet Rose in The Rain
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).

I live in Alberta…. I’m moving to British Columbia in the fall (where I was born) and I am never coming back to Alberta. Reason being? This Province is being run by complete idiots like this, who instead of diversifying the economy to alternative energies they just want to continue to die on the Oil sword that no one wants anymore (Alberta’s Oil has margins that are way too expensive to compete on the global market, along with having incredibly high carbon emissions to extract because it can’t be drilled, it must be extracted from dirt) and all Alberta is doing is just blaming other people for their shortcomings.
Unfortunately the Conservatism is so institutionalized here because “only the conservatives will property represent oil” people will vote for any buffoon wearing a Conservative hat. If you think this Women is bad Albertas Premier right now (Jason Kenney) couldn’t graduate from a small bible college and he had to retake Grade 12 at a different private school from his first go around (I went to his first private school we had class sizes of 8-12). Until Alberta stops blindly voting Conservative its only going to get much, much worse.
How is it getting worse you ask? Well people are now trying to drum up support to separate from Canada, LMAO!!! Which is scaring away new businesses from coming here like international tech companies that don’t want to operate in an unstable political climate. So not only is Alberta refusing to move to the future and diversify away from a rapidly shrinking O&G economy. They’re actively stopping companies that want to come in and help us diversify because of this radicalization. It’s going to get really bad here. I don’t think Canadians really fully understand how bad it will be in the coming years if major changes aren’t made. I literally have an MBA and I am working at a Starbucks in Calgary. If my Mother wasn’t sick and I didn’t have a few health problems myself as well the last few years I would have been long gone already. Educated people are going to start pouring out of this Province in the coming years if the Conservatives continue this blind support for Oil & Gas.
Background Pony #1F81
@CaptainXtra  
I don’t see how this is related to politics, but i think it depends on the context.

Like if a boxer was punching the opponents head hard enough to leave them brain dead, yeah they should be held accountable.

But if the opponent ended up dying of something like, a freak heart attack then the other guy is not responsible.
Ereiam
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Betrayal! - Betrayed their team for a badge. Shame forever!
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - Organization is important.
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Monde de merde
@Background Pony #1F81  
Except head traumas aren’t that predictable: a guy had an iron rod blown through his frontal lobe and lived on for 12 years with only a few changes in his behavior, while another can fall on his lawn and hit his head, feel fine on the moment, then die from a brain haemorrhage a few hours later.

Also, the freak heart attack could very well have been the consequence of blows to the chest as well.

From my understanding, as long as no rule has been violated, neither opponent can be held at fault, as they were both considered aware of the risks involved when they began the fight.
Background Human
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~

CHS, Class of 20XX
@Ereiam  
But if you go far enough outside the rules, you can be held liable for resulting injury, at least in the US. Hackbart v. Cincinnati Bengals, 1979. (Of course it was the Bengals.) It came up in 1997 when Tyson bit Holyfield. Obviously against the rules, almost certainly deliberate. Holyfield could have sued. He chose not to, because Tyson was punished enough by the Nevada State Athletic Commission, but he could have.
igotnopicks
Thread Starter - Splatoon thread

Monado User
@Background Pony #1F81  
If the Boxer followed the rules and has a squeaky clean record up until he accidently killed that person. He wouldn’t be charged with anything because it’s a freak accident. Would he be charged with the liable for the injury. What injury the other person is dead by accident. So yeah.
UserAccount

#1 Spikeabuse Fan
@Latecomer  
Who’s going to enforce people’s guns being taken away? Our heavily armed police force, which is the biggest cause of gun violence and murder in the entire country? Or the child killing military, which hasn’t been involved in a justified battle since WWII?

We all know our police force is racist. If the Second Amendment were abolished, do you really think we’d find some magic way to ensure they didn’t target black people at a significantly higher rate, ignore what the Nazis are doing and actively kill as many minorities as possible? Of course they’d do all of those things! They’d even use it as an excuse to murder more kids with water guns or who “look suspicious”, like they always do.

You’re trusting our evil government with all our weapons, which would leave us defenseless. It would be a disaster! The Left needs guns to defend ourselves from the fascists that control our government.
UserAccount

#1 Spikeabuse Fan
Updated prediction: If the election happens as normal, Biden will just barely beat Trump. I’m not super confident in this, but I say it’s about a 55/45 chance with Biden in the lead, but only due to COVID. What say predict you?
Ebalosus
Silver Bit -
Sapphire -
Happy Derpy! -
Bronze Supporter -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Build commie blocks!
@UserAccount

iT’s OnLy A fEw BaD aPpLeS! It’s egregious that too many people treat police shootings and militarisation as separate from the gun debate, despite being completely intertwined with it. Even more egregious is when they treat foreign arms sales to dodgy regimes as separate from the gun debate. I guess the Saudis genociding the shit out of the Yemenis and the Turks genociding the shit out of, well…anyone who isn’t Turkish in Turkey is A-OK, as long as normal people in the selling countries can’t get guns, amirite?

I look forward to the anti-war protestors and antifa vanishing off the face of the earth should Biden get elected…
Latecomer

@Ebalosus  
Indeed, theu’re completlu entangled. Police faced with an armed populace become more like an army to maintain their advantage - citizens distrustful of police feel the need to be armed to defend themselves. A vicious circle.
Background Pony #2F82
@UserAccount  
The Police force isn’t that corrupt, the “Bad Cases” are a minority only appear to be that common because of the media choosing to report then as much as possible to make the police look bad and because they stand out from normal cases. If the Police make a mistake and arrest a “normal” white guy who is innocent, it’s likely to not be reported. However, if they make the same mistake with a black guy, some media sources WILL take advantage of that.

I wouldn’t call Trump and The Republicans Fascists, rather or not if their corrupt, the term Fascist just isn’t accurate for them. This is mainly because a core belief of fascism is strong governments, and Trump and Most republicans believe in reducing the power of the government, not to mention if they were Fascists they wouldn’t support the second amendment as much as they do as they would be more focused on seizing control and removing any kind of resistance to the government, however, they are not doing that, subtly or not.
UserAccount

#1 Spikeabuse Fan
@Ebalosus  
Ironically, I‘m watching DFF’s “The Right CAN’T Meme” video right now and just paused it to read your comment.

Anyway, I agree with most of your comment, but I’m pretty sure almost all Antifa members are not Biden supporters. There are a huge amount of Resistance grifters that cosplay as being anti-war, just so they have an excuse to shit on Trump, but most Antifa members are pretty anti-American government to my knowledge. I hope they continue to do their thing if Biden wins.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
KilianKuro Commissions!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide