Don't blame me, I voted for the other guy. (Politics General)

Background Pony #2F82
If there’s any good news, it’s that the 2 trillion dollar relief bill got passed, so at least that could help. I hope so at least.
Ebalosus
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Silver Bit -
Sapphire -
Happy Derpy! -
Bronze Supporter -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Build commie blocks!
@Dustcan

Pretty much this.

@Background Pony #FFC6

You may want to spend your coronabux on yeet cannons or the means to make yeet cannons, as the government is planning on letting “non-violent” prisoners out into the community, and the police not answering the phone unless the crime in question involves more than $1000 dollars worth of property damage.

Good thing the SCOTUS confirmed that the police are not obligated to protect you, eh?
Scrabbleman
Duck - He literally asked for this
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Artist -
Birthday Cake - Celebrated MLP's 7th birthday
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.

[screams in German]
full

In other news, a new hashtag #NotDying4WallStreet is trending on Twitter. Apparently Trump posted some vague-ass tweet (that literally explains nothing except induces panic).

full

And now, a bunch of Republican politicians are arguing to end the quarantine period early in order to stabilize the economy, by sacrificing the old and immunocompromised.

Yeah…
Background Pony #2F82
@Ebalosus  
I heard that was a thing a governor of a city or state did or something, but I don’t think the federal government would do that.

@Typhoon2000  
At least they passed a relief bill
Background Pony #2F82
@Scrabbleman  
I believe he’s saying we shouldn’t risk ruining the economy to the point of entering a great recession or depression, and I don’t think their going to or trying to sacrifice people for the economy, they may be trying to find a third option.

Either way though, if we’re not careful, we could end up with a lot of possible death and problems in the long term if we’re not careful. I’m not certain about the possibilities but if we sacrifice the economy we could end up with spikes in violent crime and possibly starvation because of people not being able to afford to feed themselves and their families. Not sure on the later as I’m not an expert on this but I do know recessions and especially depressions can mean a spike in crime.

It would be best if we could find a balance or some kind of third option, something with minimal death and without ruining the economy.
Ebalosus
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Silver Bit -
Sapphire -
Happy Derpy! -
Bronze Supporter -

Build commie blocks!
@Background Pony #FFC6

I know that they’re releasing prisoners to stem the spread of coronavirus in Cali and NY, and in Minnesota the police won’t bother coming round unless the crime involves property worth more $1000 dollars or is really serious.
Violet Rose in The Rain
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

Speaking from experience, alt-right people tend to distrust mainstream media and flock to internet or YouTube personalities for their news.

People like No Bullshit, The Quartering, Sargon of Akkad and Ben Shapiro are shining examples of attracting contrarians that thinks conservatism is the new counter-culture.
Ebalosus
Silver Bit -
Sapphire -
Happy Derpy! -
Bronze Supporter -

Build commie blocks!
@Violet Rose in The Rain

Don’t forget Stefan “defoo the Jew” Molyneux, who the aforementioned people laughably still believe he’s an an-cap. He is to anarcho-capitalism what Gab is to free speech: a masquerade for their hard-right or crypto-facist views.

I find them pretty easy to suss out, as they agree with my very pro-gun positions, but then send me veiled threats and antisemitic slurs when I mention my very pro-abortion positions.
Background Pony #40E0
@Ebalosus  
it is amazing how 99% of the people in this country support free speech, but then you mention speech theu don’t like and that support is absolutely gone.
Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
Biden says they should just cancel the rest of the debates. Of course he does, especially after the last debate - like every other time he makes a public experience - saw his approval rating drop by 5 points.

To his credit (what little he has) this was before the latest sexual assault allegations. But yeah.
Patachu
Patachu - For Patreon supporters
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Best Art Program Ever - For artists who were courageous enough to draw something for the April Fools day.
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
The Magic of Friendship Grows - For helping others attend the 2020 Community Collab
Happy Derpy! - For Patreon supporters
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
Toola Roola - For helping others attend the 2019 Community Collab
A Really Classy Artist - 250+ images under their artist tag

@Dustcan  
Trump is not a doctor.  
Neither Biden or Bernie or Macron or MErkel or anyone, they are politicians, we are individuals given critical thinking, drop the arguments of authority and forge your opinion. Antipaludism and many hard medications works for the COVID19, we are entering the same debate about the dangerosity of adjuvants in vaccines.  
Every med is like a gun, you have recoil. With Chloroquine and the other hydrochloroquinin are the difference of shooting a target with a 5.56 carabine, and a bazooka.

@Typhoon2000  
not all right wingers are alt-right, unless the definition of alt-right vary from conservative, libertarian to full pinochet.
Ereiam
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Betrayal! - Betrayed their team for a badge. Shame forever!
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - Organization is important.

Monde de merde
@Patachu  
Laymen’s opinions are worth nothing when it comes to the efficiency and dangerosity of medication. Either it’s proven or it’s not, and the scientific consensus always has more weight than the single lone expert.  
Every epidemic has its quacks brandishing their so-called miracle cures, and the worst of them are those who are intimately convinced that they actually work (and you can’t deny that, with his petulant rage quit from the government’s scientific council about COVID-19, Pr. Didier Raoult, right as he may be about chloroquin, kinda made himself look like one of those). And whenever they’re being told to wait for them to be duly tested in the name of the precautionary principle, conspirationists immediately spring up to denounce the hand of big pharma lobbies, or the International Jewry for the worst of them (all it took this time was for Didier Raoult to have had a bone to pick in the past with Yves Lévy, the husband of former Minister of Health Agnès Buzyn).  
Self-medicating with an untested treatment is akin to playing russian roulette with your health, so now that hydroxychloroquinin has finally been cleared for prescription under conditions, let’s make a responsible use of it, shall we?
Background Pony #02F1
WASHINGTON (AP) — President Donald Trump said Thursday that federal officials are developing guidelines to rate counties by risk of virus spread, as he aims to begin to ease nationwide guidelines meant to stem the coronavirus outbreak.
On a conference call with governors Thursday, Trump stressed the need to reopen businesses and to recognize regional differences in the virus’ impact.
“We all have to get smart,” Trump said on the call, audio of which was obtained by The Associated Press. “We have to open up our country, I’m sorry.”

Health experts have made clear that unless Americans continue to dramatically limit social interaction — staying home from work and isolating themselves — the number of infections will overwhelm the health care system, as it has in parts of Italy, leading to many more deaths.
And scientists, including Dr. Anthony Fauci, the nation’s top infectious disease expert, have cautioned against artificial timetables.
“And you’ve got to understand that you don’t make the timeline, the virus makes the timeline,” Fauci told CNN Wednesday. “So you’ve got to respond, in what you see happen.”
Ebalosus
Silver Bit -
Sapphire -
Happy Derpy! -
Bronze Supporter -

Build commie blocks!
@Vivace

Not from what I’ve seen on social media. Biden supporters are either pretending it didn’t happen, or are accusing the woman of being a Russian bot. So much for “believe women and listen to what they say,” eh?
Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
@Background Pony #368C

But I thought overrunning our hospitals would only happen if we gave everyone free healthcare? How are we still at the risk of hospital waiting lines when we still have bankruptcy-inducing levels of heathcare costs?
Commune
Betrayal! - Betrayed their team for a badge. Shame forever!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

🚙
America has surpassed China in total number of coronavirus cases  
Remember when I said the person who is running the coronavirus response in America has five braincells and none of them are functioning?  
Yeah make that one braincell, and it’s not functioning because it’s completely decayed
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
KilianKuro Commissions!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide