Don't blame me, I voted for the other guy. (Politics General)

Kiryu-Chan
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -

World's Okayest User
I mean I live in California so it’ll be blue no matter what, but I still don’t intend on voting Biden. It’s literally 2016 all over again, but instead of “I’m a woman!” or “I’m not Trump!”, now it’s “Obama! Obama!”, okay, but Obama is lower-mid tier at best. I actually want a president who’s, you know, good. Come the general election, I still intend on voting Sanders, as he’s the only guy who actually wants to fucking fix everything, improve my life, and get the US on par with the rest of the fucking developed world
Random-Rambling
Pixel Perfection - Hot Pockets Spotted
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

tinyurl.com/dymbb3a
I mean I live in California so it’ll be blue no matter what, but I still don’t intend on voting Biden. It’s literally 2016 all over again, but instead of “I’m a woman!” or “I’m not Trump!”, now it’s “Obama! Obama!”, okay, but Obama is lower-mid tier at best. I actually want a president who’s, you know, good. Come the general election, I still intend on voting Sanders, as he’s the only guy who actually wants to fucking fix everything, improve my life, and get the US on par with the rest of the fucking developed world

If your state hasn’t already voted, DO IT. Call in sick of you have to, or if you can’t do that, convince your boss to.let you come in earlier, or.later, or work a half-shift. ANYTHING you gotta do.
Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
@Random-Rambling

California already had their primaries close to 3 weeks ago.

@Kiryu-Chan

Should still vote in the general when it comes around. There’s still House Representatives to vote for every 2 years and California may have a senator or 2 up for reelection this year. Also I’ll rag on Vote Blue No Matter Who all day and night for being the filth ideology it is, but I personally don’t want to say I didn’t try and get Trump out when I had the chance.
Dustcan
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Dogs
Louisiana and Georgia has delayed their primaries due to the Coronavirus. Louisiana is now on April 20. Didn’t catch when Georgia is now.
Vivace
Artist -

“ShimSham my GlimGlams”
@MethidMan  
If there’s gaslighting, it’s by the party loyalists. The further the Overton window gets pushed, the more evil the lesser of 2 gets to be while staying “better” than the opposition. It’s just a race to the bottom that enables yet another Trump to think they have a shot and to take office.

[
Getting rid of Trump does not matter unless you take steps to ensure that someone like him doesn’t take power again.
Biden is not capable of doing that. Even if he can beat Trump, he can’t fix the problems that led to Trump happening.
“Vote blue no matter who” just lets blue stop caring about you.
When withdrawing your support is the only leverage you have, use it. Blind loyalty is for suckers.
when biden does absolutely nothing to change the pre-existing systems of abuse and exploitation that create the anti-establishment sentiments that got trump elected in the first place, thereby allowing it to happen again and quicker, at least you were the reasonable one right?
There’s no then, if the compromise candidate doesn’t get the nomination (Bernie) then the party needs to burn. They are the enablers of the Nazi party, they are the appeasement party.
Dems have worked harder to defeat the movement then they ever have to defeat a republican.
The Smiling Pony
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab

( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡° )
“Vote blue no matter who” could have put Bloomberg in power, an actual card-carrying republican with proven racist and dehumanizing policies. And also a real billionaire instead of a pretend TV one.
Vivace
Artist -

“ShimSham my GlimGlams”
@Dustcan  
I went and did early voting, not even anticipating the current situation. As long my votes gets counted and not thrown out, I’ll be relieved.
Dustcan
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Dogs
@Vivace

I’m pretty sure you can check with your local city hall or something to verify what happens to your vote in the event of a delay. Maybe even ask if you can check the verity of said vote.
Vivace
Artist -

“ShimSham my GlimGlams”
@MethidMan  
Promote good candidates, like Sanders or, even better, Hawkins, who have the people’s interests in mind more than corporate interests, whose non-suckiness is on their own merits instead of just by relativity, and get the corporate thumb out of their ass. If not, die and get supplanted by a party who will do that. I mean, someone who’d vote blue no matter who in the case of a Bloomberg nomination might as well be a Republican.
MethidMan
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Artist -

@Vivace  
Okay, but what are you gonna do if Biden ends up getting the nomination? Just vote 45 or don’t vote at all and let him win a second term then?

Sure, I’d like Sanders to be our new president, but it’s looking less and less likely for him. At least get Trump out first, then shit all over the corporate dems.
Vivace
Artist -

“ShimSham my GlimGlams”
@MethidMan  
I’ll vote Green. Yeah, I’d go 3rd party. If not, who will? The rhetoric that “it’s just throwing your vote away” does nothing but perpetuate a 2-party system and let the mainstream parties just coast.
Background Human

CHS, Class of 20XX
@Vivace  
Plurality voting and winner-take-all states perpetuate a two-party system. The rhetoric merely acknowledges the reality.

The only way to change that reality is by changing the way we vote, and the only way to do that is by getting people who support that change elected… under the current rules.
Background Human

CHS, Class of 20XX
@Vivace  
If anything, it’s used as an argument for getting rid of plurality voting. Fewer wasted votes = more incentive to show up.

Until then, voting “against the mainstream” means one of two things: the Republicans win and owe you nothing, or the Democrats win and owe you nothing.
Background Pony #45D1
“Vote blue no matter who” could have put Bloomberg in power, an actual card-carrying republican with proven racist and dehumanizing policies.
Not really. Not unless Bloomberg had somehow won the nomination. And that would only have happened if the vast majority of people voting in these primaries had wanted him as the nominee, which clearly is not the case.

I mean it’s been pointed out here before that, regardless of what the party leaders may want, there really isn’t a way for them to make the votes for candidates go a certain way. Bernie is still a possible option because he has a fair amount of support from those who like his policies and what he has to say about the current state of politics (a lot of them younger voters). And Biden, whether you think it’s deserved or not, has had a great deal of support from the African American community (one of the Democratic party’s most loyal demographics) and from states with more moderate (American moderate) leanings. And there was an excellent chance the nomination was always going to come down to one of those options because the party itself falls along those lines… one side more progressive, one side more establishment/moderate.

So yeah, I don’t particularly care for the sentiment either, but I can’t fault them for advocating people vote for whichever candidate the most members of the party want in.

@MethidMan  
@Vivace
Okay, but what are you gonna do if Biden ends up getting the nomination? Just vote 45 or don’t vote at all and let him win a second term then?
Sure, I’d like Sanders to be our new president, but it’s looking less and less likely for him. At least get Trump out first, then shit all over the corporate dems.
Exactly. My two picks from the get go were always either Warren or Sanders, and I still would love to have one of them as the nominee over any of the other options. But if it’s gotta be Biden, I’d take him any day of the week over four more years of Donald Trump.

Because the thing about electing Biden (again, should he get the nomination) is, it’s not just about electing Biden. It’s about putting people back in cabinet positions who have competence… who have loyalty to their positions, and to the duties and laws that govern those positions, not just blind fealty to that D-list celebrity and utter idiot currently in the oval office. And yes, I know not all of the possible options Biden is considering are great, but there are a fair number who would be better in any way than the incompetents and leeches we have now.

And it’s not just cabinet positions. There’s the judicial system too. It’s keeping Trump from having four more years to bring in incompetent judges who got the position by being entirely in support of him. It’s keeping Trump from, God help us, a third supreme court nomination, should the worst happen. Or, hey, wouldn’t it be nice to have a president who doesn’t throw the entire intelligence community under the bus because Putin said so? Or who actually has a decent chance of listening to the people who provide information? And what about diplomacy? Remember when we had that? And… seriously, I can’t list it all. There’s a thousand little things that never get mentioned because we’ve just gone numb already to how bad everything is all the time now.

And that’s kind of what I’m getting at here. I mean, I get it, really. I get why people don’t want Biden to be the nominee, and think the “vote blue” thing is dumb and all of that. But there is so much more at stake than just who sits in the oval office the next four years.

@Background Human  
Until then, voting “against the mainstream” means one of two things: the Republicans win and owe you nothing, or the Democrats win and owe you nothing.
Pretty much. It sucks, but no third party is going to win in 2020. That’s just not going to happen. So the only real question becomes whether you want Trump to remain in office four more years. It’s literally the only choice.
MethidMan
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Artist -

@Vivace  
I swear, if we get 4 more years of 45 and more shitty judges because it turns out there were enough people like you who could’ve voted against him and given us the lesser evil and less shitty judges down the road but instead chose to throw their vote away on a third-party candidate, I’m blaming the sinking ship on you all.

I used to think just like you when it came to third-party candidates. Then 2016 happened.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Champions of Equestria

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide