Don't blame me, I voted for the other guy. (Politics General)

Background Pony #58EB
@Zincy

It may be showing my age, but I was thinking “We need to support the middle class, and who is more middle class than small-town restaurant owner Bob Belcher?”
Random-Rambling
Pixel Perfection - Hot Pockets Spotted
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

tinyurl.com/dymbb3a
There won’t BE a Democratic Party if Sanders continues his current momentum and he’s NOT the nominee.
Is that what you really want, Democrats? To hand a second term to Trump on a silver platter because you all fought each other instead of working together?
To me it just really sounds like, they would much rather have Trump if they can’t win, than let Bernie win.

But WHY?

I mean, we know why, Trump is like the establishment Democrats in every way except he’s Republican.

But why even bother having political parties if everyone’s secretly or not-so-secretly in bed with everyone else?
Scrabbleman
Duck - He literally asked for this
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Artist -
Birthday Cake - Celebrated MLP's 7th birthday
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

[screams in German]
That’s still dangerous. That mindset makes it VERY easy to replace Trump with someone else just as bad. Or worse.

That’s pretty much how the “Time Travel to Hitler’s childhood” question works.

Basically, if you could time travel to the past and meet child Hitler, would you kill him to prevent WW2? The correct answer would be “No” for several reasons.

Trump is indeed a horrible President, but he’s also a known horrible President. Why in the bloody hell would anyone just vote for any candidate, so long as Trump is removed from office? There is a large uncertainty on whether or not the other candidate might be worse than Trump.

Vote for the candidate you think is best, not because Trump is bad and you’d rather take anyone else. That’s some stupid backwards thinking and if I could, I’d slap whoever had this idea.
Zincy
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab

In Vino Veritas
If I hear one more person say they like their “choices” as a criticism against Medicare for All I’m going to scream.

What choices? Out of network hospital A who will charge you 10,000 dollars for a cold? How about in network hospital B that sticks you with an on-loan doctor out of your network and still charges you 10,000 dollars? Or the choice that’s made for you when an ambulance arrives, charges you 5000 dollars, and the takes you to Out of Network hospital A?

And your choice of insurance? A majority of Americans don’t “choose” their insurance, they get stuck with whatever their job offers them. And then, it may be the one thing keeping them from switch to better jobs, or risking going back to school. Because they fear losing access to the health coverage.

If someone says they like choosing between Pile of Shit A and Pile of Shit B, ask them if they are actually making a choice.
Vivace
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Artist -

“ShimSham my GlimGlams”
@Zincy  
“You knew what health insurance your job provided, yet you took the job anyway. Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.”
Ebalosus
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Silver Bit -
Sapphire -
Happy Derpy! -
Bronze Supporter -

Build commie blocks!
What’s important for America is to end Trump no matter who.
Shit like this is why I wish Harvey Weinstein was running for president on the democrat ticket. It would be hilarious to see all the #VoteBlueNoMatterWho people squirm and bend over backwards trying to justify voting for a known sex offender over Donny T.
Thanotos Omega

@Ebalosus  
You do remember that Trump is on tape saying he sexually assaults women right? also i am pretty sure he’s also on record admitting her would walk in on underaged girls getting dressed for his pageants, but do go on,
Kiryu-Chan
Non-Fungible Trixie -

World's Okayest User
No way am I voting blue if they nominate bullshit like Joe Biden or Bloomberg. I’d be much better off going 3rd party
Ebalosus
Silver Bit -
Sapphire -
Happy Derpy! -
Bronze Supporter -

Build commie blocks!
@Thanotos Omega

Yeah, but that argument falls apart completely when you also elect a sex offender. You cannot with a straight face argue that Trump is a misogynist and then vote for a misogynist.

@Kiryu-Chan

You can’t do that, because then everyone will accuse you of “throwing your vote away,” because American elections are now structured like elections in mainland China, in that you can only vote for the ‘correct’ choices, and voting for an incorrect choice lowers your social credit score.
Latecomer

@Kiryu-Chan  
Better off how, exactly? A clean consistence, perhaps, but no effect on the result.

@Ebalosus  
If all eligble candidates are sex offenders, then the system is screwed up, but it also reverts to policies as the deciding factor.
Background Pony #E8BC
@Ebalosus

Voting third party is a self defeating loop where most who are interested do not vote third party because they believe no one else will. They instead pick the better candidate from either the ass or dumbo.
Background Pony #E8BC
@byte[]  
No, the voters hold some amount of responsibility. The system allows third party candidates to partake in the elections. The media may not talk about them much, but the media is a company, and not a government entity. It is up to the voters to get the information on the election, and vote for their candidate of choice. Alot of people “Do not want to throw a vote away” so they vote rep or dem. This past election, the third parties did better than they have in over a decade. If people really wanted a third party to contend the rep and dems, they would do more to support third parties.
Random-Rambling
Pixel Perfection - Hot Pockets Spotted
Non-Fungible Trixie -

tinyurl.com/dymbb3a
NC exit polls are coming in. Looks good for Biden right now, with him also taking 60% of the black vote.

Surprising. Hopefully they’re voting for him because they actually agree with and believe in his policies, not something stupid like “he was Obama’s VP, so he’s got to be good for black people!”

I’m not holding my breath though.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Champions of Equestria

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide