Don't blame me, I voted for the other guy. (Politics General)

Background Human
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

CHS, Class of 20XX
@Dustcan  
It’s still a caucus state, with all that implies. The first alignment isn’t the final alignment, and the “real” results are in county delegates, not statewide votes. Bernie could end up getting berned again.
Background Pony #CD33
I can’t wait to vote Libertarian in this upcoming election, in a swing state with a lot of electoral votes.
Mikey
Sky Spark - For Patreon supporters
Pone of Astronomy - For Patreon supporters
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Artist -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.

Ayriana
@EndlessNight_MLP  
Who’s Hornberger? Also, I’m sorry but Vermin Supreme getting nominated is as likely as Donald Trump is to stop using shoe stilts and use rogaine to grow his hair back.
EndlessNight_MLP

Meme Connoisseur
@Mikey  
I won’t be able to vote in the Libertarian Primary this year, but I will most likely vote for whoever gets the LNP nomination. Unless it’s Lincoln Chafee. Fuck Chafee. Also Jacob Hornberger isn’t well known, but he’s a libertarian author and activist.
Mikey
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

Ayriana
@EndlessNight_MLP  
I feel like unless third parties like the LNP get more support they aren’t gonna have a chance at winning an election. Bernie is more fitting in a third party since he’s independent but the DNC is the only way he is able to get enough support to have a chance. And it looks like he will.  
I’m guessing you don’t like any of the democrat or republican candidates?
EndlessNight_MLP

Meme Connoisseur
@Mikey  
I did vote for Trump in 2016. I wasn’t really eager to. I did the whole “lesser of two evils” thing in my mind. In the primaries, I’d voted for Rand Paul, as he was libertarian leaning. After Trump got elected, I shifted my political views away from libertarianism, and more towards conservatism. Realized after Trump and the Republicans kept hiking up spending that conservatives only care about the debt and spending when a Democrat is in office. Starting going back to libertarianism in the past year. Was debating on voting Trump or Libertarian until the Iran situation this past January. Now I’m fully committed to voting Libertarian. Unless it’s Chafee. Won’t vote at all if the LNP nominee is Chafee.
Mikey
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

Ayriana
@EndlessNight_MLP  
Why do you hate his healthcare policy? Our healthcare system is fucked beyond belief and unregulated private healthcare is the reason. I don’t see any GOP in office willing to regulate it so competition can bring down prices. I haven’t seen his gun policies that much but I don’t remember it being nearly as strict as the other Dems. College I honestly think is a good policy because college debt is a serious issue.  
Personally I lean more progressive, and I mean real progressive, not fake like Warren and Biden and Hillary.
EndlessNight_MLP

Meme Connoisseur
@Mikey  
Our healthcare system is not a private system. It’s a terrible Frankenstein’s monster sort of system, with some government healthcare and some private healthcare. By giving out patents to drugs for a few decades, the government essentially gives and forces monopolies on drugs to drug companies. Patents for drugs should be abolished imo. I’m a second amendment absolutest, so I don’t think I need to explain myself on that. And I don’t think college is for everyone for a start, so that could help some avoid college debt. Second, I don’t think people should go to college for majors that have little to no employability in the job market, such as art and music. Third, I think parents should save a little bit from their paychecks to help their kids go to school. Fourth, I don’t think I should have to pay for someone else’s education, unless I did it through a charitable contribution.
Mikey
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

Ayriana
@EndlessNight_MLP  
I get you on the other ones.  
As for healthcare, I guess that’s a product of corrupt government individuals like Mitch McConnell, Reagan, Nixon, etc, all of whom slowly fucked up a lot of things. I would universal healthcare is the only fast “fix”, and I mean it works in other countries, and also I don’t see the government abolishing that until all the Baby Boomers who fucked up the country are out.
Zincy
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

In Vino Veritas
@EndlessNight_MLP

Expect most cannot save nearly enough, and there is no regulation or measure to stop dept-providers and colleges from spiraling out of control. It is getting cost prohibitive for needed majors, not just the “useless” ones, to the point where thousands of smart, capable people are kept out of useful professions due to debt load.

As for your last point, that is the most fucking weak excuse for anything, ever. I don’t think my taxes should go to building more bombs, subsidizing oil industries, or bailing out corporations/pumping the fed. At least subsidized college is a net gain. Why do billionaires get bailouts but young professionals have to be saddled with horrible, destructive debt just to get ahead?

Your ass might not feel like “you” benefit (which is such a selfish, and generally anti-societal thing to say) but you really do. The more professionals, experts, and scholars that are allowed to strike into the working world helps us all.
Mikey
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

Ayriana
I don’t think my taxes should go to building more bombs, subsidizing oil industries, or bailing out corporations/pumping the fed

That is true, taxpayer money funds a lot of things that harm the country, and/or the world. Oil companies are the biggest causer of global warming.
Zincy
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

In Vino Veritas
@Mikey

They also don’t need a damn cent from us. Even if they were clean, no multi-billion dollar grossing industry needs a dime from the government. Corporate Welfare is unamerican.
EndlessNight_MLP

Meme Connoisseur
@Mikey  
I wouldn’t just blame Republicans for it. There are Democrats that were in the pockets of the pharmaceutical companies that pushed for drug patents lasting as long as they do.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
The Travelling Pony Museum Shop!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide