Don't blame me, I voted for the other guy. (Politics General)

Violet Rose in The Rain
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

After hours of heated (and often comically inaccurate) debate, South Dakota’s House of Representatives on Wednesday became the first in the country to green light a bill that prohibits gender–affirming medical care for transgender kids. The bill, which has nearly 50 sponsors, would make it a Class 1 misdemeanor for doctors to provide minors under the age of 16 with hormone treatment or gender confirmation surgery. Doctors who violate the law could face a $2,000 fine and up to a year in jail.
Proponents of the bill say it protects children from “medical experimentation.” The bill’s author has compared doctors who provide gender-affirming care to Nazis. During Wednesday’s floor debate, one Republican representative said such procedures would some day be considered as dangerous and pseudoscientific as lobotomies. “We’re talking about cutting off little girls’ breasts,” said Rep. Jon Hansen, a freshman lawmaker from Dell Rapids. (It should go without saying that little girls don’t have breasts.)

Mistakes made:

1. Implying that standard procedure to alleviate gender dysphoria for minors is a new, dangerous and experimental technique.

2. Having Nazi sympathisers accuse qualified medical staff paid to help people reduce their patients’ suffering of being Nazis.

3. Calling gender science psuedoscientific, coming from the party that would rather let the world burn than acknowledge the existence and effects of widespread anthropogenic climate change.
Background Pony #2F82
@Zincy  
And I don’t think Trump really minded Congress removing his power to declare war. With the currently political climate, I wouldn’t be surprised if the FBI, CIA, or InterPol were unreliable, not to mention if Trump just said He was going to say he was going to ask Ukraine to investigate biden, the Dems would use that as an excuse to start the impeachment trail.

I do agree with you that transparency is key to democracy, but also note that the dems themselves haven’t been very transparent nor honest.
Violet Rose in The Rain
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).

On an unrelated note,  
He began drafting the bill after meeting people online, through social media like Twitter, who said they had suffered after hormone treatment or surgery and later regretted it, Deutsch told The Post. He said he talked to transgender children, their parents, transgender adults and “de-transitioned young people who spent time as a transgender person.”
The South Dakota Republican said he has never met or spoken to any of the doctors who offer hormone treatments to transgender patients in South Dakota. Fewer than four physicians in the state do so, The Post reported last week.
Notice how the person who drafted the bill only talked to those who regretted transitioning, and not those who are trained to do the procedures or those who did benefit from hormone therapy.

The narratives of detransitioned people have been weaponised and turned against the transgender community.
Zincy
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

In Vino Veritas
@Background Pony #FFC6

I do not work in “ifs”. Nor do I care for “whatabout’isms”. I deal in the facts as they are.

“If” is irrelevant, only is has relevance. And Trump is guilty of misusing his power. Regardless of his intentions, he overstepped the bounds afforded to his office. I care not for idle conspiracy theories that would cast a blanket of “unreliable” to three of the largest oversight and investigation apparatuses in the world. Regardless, however, they were still the proper channels. Channels to be used for the sake and integrity of our democracy.

You do not sidestep the core separation of powers to purse personal vendettas. You do not employ the use of non-government agents to act on the behalf of the federal government, let alone agents with a vested interest in the other nation. You do not withhold military aid that has been issued by congress, a right afforded to it in the very constitution. You do not forceably remove a federal agent merely on the grounds that they are standing in your way. You do not make backroom deals with foreign powers that are predicated on actions done by another branch of the government.

These are things you do not do. Ranging from faux pas to outright crimes.

You speak as someone I am familiar with. Tell me, do you hide your name from this discussion? Or have we not spoken before in such a manner?
Background Pony #2F82
@Zincy  
And I’m working on logic and reason. My main point is the democrats are hardly any better, as you also don’t tell foreign goverments or companies to fire someone for trying to investigate someone, which is what Obama did when someone in Ukraine was trying to investigate Joe Biden, who somehow ended up on the board of a corrupt Ukrainian gas company known as Burisma

We have talked before and I’ve always been anonymous, just one of the derpibooru updates resetted it or something. I don’t really talk here often considering a lot of time I don’t have the energy nor will for political discussions.
Ereiam
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Betrayal! - Betrayed their team for a badge. Shame forever!
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - Organization is important.

Monde de merde
And I’m working on logic and reason. My main point is the democrats are hardly any better, as you also don’t tell foreign goverments or companies to fire someone for trying to investigate someone, which is what Obama did when someone in Ukraine was trying to investigate Joe Biden, who somehow ended up on the board of a corrupt Ukrainian gas company known as Burisma

What part of “we don’t care for whataboutisms” did you fail to understand?  
If for you the way to prove alleged abuse of power from democrats is to commit abuse of power of your own, you have no moral high ground to claim.
Scrabbleman
Duck - He literally asked for this
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Artist -
Birthday Cake - Celebrated MLP's 7th birthday
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.

[screams in German]
Whataboutism is for the weak. We can’t predict the future, so there’s no point trying to think of what could happen. Instead, aim for what you want to happen and make that future present. Contingency plans only exist if things go wrong, but never stray from the path.
Background Pony #2F82
If for you the way to prove alleged abuse of power from democrats is to commit abuse of power of your own, you have no moral high ground to claim.

I’m saying the democrats are no better, regardless if trump actually abused his power or not, Listen to what I’m saying.
Ereiam
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Betrayal! - Betrayed their team for a badge. Shame forever!
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - Organization is important.

Monde de merde
I’m saying the democrats are no better, regardless if trump actually abused his power or not, Listen to what I’m saying.

You’re the one not listening if all you can do is parrot the same “b-but the democrats” whataboutism. We’re looking at the abuse of power committed by those in charge right now. Dems aren’t in charge, so whether they’re better or worse is irrelevant to the current issue.
Background Pony #2F82
@Ereiam  
I don’t think you get it, I’m not here to prove trump is good or bad. You don’t have to believe me, I just want you to listen to what I have to say, I’m not saying “What about the democrats?”, I’m saying the democrats are not trustworthy, I came into the conversation talking about that, not rather or not trump abused his power, which I’m listening and accepting as possible, but of course I have my doubts.

With how late it is, I won’t be able to continue this conversation until later, but consider this, are the sites you receive news from trustworthy? Do they have any kind of agenda? and are they objective? or are they telling you what to think? In a world where misinformation is everywhere, these are things we should all consider, regardless of our and their political leanings.
Patachu
Patachu - For Patreon supporters
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Best Art Program Ever - For artists who were courageous enough to draw something for the April Fools day.
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
The Magic of Friendship Grows - For helping others attend the 2020 Community Collab
Happy Derpy! - For Patreon supporters
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
Toola Roola - For helping others attend the 2019 Community Collab
A Really Classy Artist - 250+ images under their artist tag

Happy Brexit day!  
MCGuinness triggered by the British flags after Farage’s speech.

@Background Pony #FFC6  
I get your point, every info anyone can get from any media mustn’t be taken as a fact. there’s always a bias. Remaining skeptic is exactly the point here. Trump is impeached does not means he’s removed, there’s gonna be a justice decision. There’s bias in both camps and we will soon know which one was right or wrong, by a decision of justice.  
Because that’s how it works. Democrats only plan there is to shit on Trump as much as possible instead of elaborating a stable, credible program. At this point if they have nothing else to propose the only solution people will have is to reelect Trump and that’s what’s gonna happen.
Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
@Zincy
And I don’t think Trump really minded Congress removing his power to declare war.

Then you must have not seen Trump’s response to Congress limiting his power to declare war.

@Background Pony #FFC6  
@Zincy

Then let’s nail the Dems on their corruption too. This isn’t an either/or case.

Catch is here though is that Biden is (mostly) in the clear here. There’s a lot more to the Biden/Burisma case than what (little) Fox News tells the country. And if Biden wasn’t a dumbass gaffe machine he’d be able to debunk this entire conspiracy just by doing the one thing you’d never see a Democrat do and tell the truth.

The truth being that “Biden’s” ousting of the Ukraining investigator was:

A) a multinational effort from like 8 or so different countries, most of them European  
B) because the previous investigator wasn’t doing his job, so half the world said to get someone else who would do the job  
C) the replacement investigator did do her job.

Hunter Biden did get on the Burisma’s board of directors because his dad used to be America’s VP. Nobody’s arguing that. That is sketchy AF and shouldn’t have happened, nobody except Democrats are arguing that. But don’t let a bunch of millionaires-funded-by-billionaires talking show hosts gaslight you about how Daddy Biden protected Jr. Biden’s ‘50k a month’ job, but the facts show that he actually hurt his kid’s position by being a part of a team effort to install an investigator who would look into corruption by Burisma.

@Background Pony #FFC6

The problem is you are using Whataboutism to deflect. One of the problems with that rationale is the logical conclusion: if when we find out about Democrat corruption, nothing can be done because ‘But what about the Republicans?’ At that point it just becomes circular accusations.

@toxicitzi

Then you’re in fine company.
Background Human
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition

CHS, Class of 20XX
@Dustcan  
And this is why nothing is done about corruption. There’s always one party that stands to benefit from it, so there’s always one party that looks the other way. Hell, when there is bipartisanship, it’s usually for the sake of more corruption.
Princess Applejack

What annoys me is the timing of the investigations. Trump didn’t seem to care at all about Hunter Biden until Joe Biden announced he was running for president. Anyone with a decent understanding of politics knows the whole Ukarine thing is politically motivated by Trump to damage Joe Biden’s bid for the presidency. Even Mike Pompeo admitted “No one gives an F about Ukraine” So we can all see Trump is just abusing his office to secure his reelection.
Scrabbleman
Duck - He literally asked for this
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Artist -
Birthday Cake - Celebrated MLP's 7th birthday
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.

[screams in German]
There’s this weird rumour floating around where Trump has untreated syphilis, which explains his irrational behaviour because said disease can actually cause nerve and brain damage.

What?
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Champions of Equestria

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide