Don't blame me, I voted for the other guy. (Politics General)

Commune
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Betrayal! - Betrayed their team for a badge. Shame forever!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

🚙
@Zincy  
Because smart people totally will not have personal biases that will influence their perceptions

And how would technocracy solve something like institutional racism, if the so called “experts” support it? Or imperialism?

In America, where Native American lands are being overstepped by the Government, would technocracy somehow fix this?

At least in representative democracy, representatives are accountable to the people  
In technocracy, they can do whatever they want in the interests of the “state”
The Smiling Pony
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab

( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡° )
@Mikey  
You can do that and also be a piece of shit. wikileaks hasn’t been “non partisan” in how its been managed, and Assange himself is known to be quite the pretentious ass; one of the reasons he was finally kicked out of the Ecuadorian embassy was simply how much of an ungrateful shit he was to his hosts.
Scrabbleman
Duck - He literally asked for this
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Artist -
Birthday Cake - Celebrated MLP's 7th birthday
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

[screams in German]
I wonder how many countries gained positives from colonization as compared to countries which got fucked from it.

Like, Malaysia’s got a history of colonization and it sucks but ask any Malaysian and they always say that the so-called “local heroes” from fighting against colonists are somewhat horrible. I mean, most of them are motivated by taxes and power.

Colonization is horrible, don’t get me wrong. It’s more bad than good, but not entirely bad because that’s both impossible and stupid.
Thanotos Omega
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).

@Scrabbleman  
80% of the world had it’s future stolen and rewritten by the powers of Europe, oral traditions nearly as old as the great pyramid were purposefully wiped out, everything from the civil wars of south america to the rise of Islamic extremist terrorism are direct results of it,
The Smiling Pony
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.

( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡° )
@Latecomer  
Sure, the Sentinel islands where they practice cannibalism and instantly try to murder any outsiders, and various “uncontacted” tribes in the Amazon, many also known to practice cannibalism.

Colonialism certainly lead to a lot of bad things, but it also got rid of a lot of bad things; just because something was “tradition” or “part of local culture” doesn’t mean it was good for the people.
Latecomer

@The Smiling Pony  
I have to admit, sometimes I feel that part of the problems with recent interventions is that the West isn’t willing to actually take over. But then I remind myself that probably wouldn’t work, and could go bad places anyway. We’re too corupt ourselves to not turn it into exploitation.
Thanotos Omega
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).

@The Smiling Pony  
Sure a Spaniard would say that, you guys had the best colonization experience in history before chasing out the people who held it together, just because you guys got colonized by a bunch of super nice people who actively uplifted local culture and encourage tolerant exchange doesn’t mean that was the case for others,
The Smiling Pony

( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡° )
@Dustcan  
What no.

He was hiding from rape charges.

That said, it’s worth actually looking up those (now dropped) charges, as they were made years after the fact, and the fact being he was accused of having consensual sex after a party but declined to use a condom before said sex took place. ie. the lady he had sex with, consensualy, agreed with not using a condom, but afterwards considered that him not using it was rape; it fits into some absurd law in Sweden and was the most thinly veiled excuse to get him arrested by British police for the real goal of getting him extradited to the US where they can try him for… not being american and not liking america, I guess.
Background Pony #5040
@The Smiling Pony  
It’s so good that colonialism resulted in just erosion of more ghastly local traditions and not an unprecedented in written history scale of subjugation, exploitation, enslavement and replacement of colonized people, which had resulted in disappearance of bloody native practices mostly as a by-product of things listed earlier, isn’t? It would be pretty horrible otherwise.
Background Pony #5040
@AaronMk  
Which rises actually interesting question of whenever Iberian cultures such as Galicians, Leonese, Asturians, Castilians, Aragonese and Catalans were present as we know them or at least somehow close to that during Visigoths rule over most of Spain, right before the Arab invasion.

I am personally inclined to not think so, as it honestly close to saying what for Example Russians and Ukrainians at the height of the Kievan Rus or even before Rurik, or insisting what there were Austrians or Bavarians during reign of Charlemagne.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Champions of Equestria

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide