Don't blame me, I voted for the other guy. (Politics General)

TheMagpulPone
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Artist -
Wallet After Summer Sale -

Dynamic Pie
@Background Human  
As someone who has lived in the thick of a Los Angeles slum where the population is 95% illegal immigrants from Mexico, I can tell you first hand that Trump is not wrong. Crime was rampant, going out at night was an absolute no, neighbors ran a chop shop, a bullet hit an upstairs window, etc. So Trump does have a point. Were some of them “good people?” Of course. But there weren’t enough good people to make it a non-crime riddled shit hole.
Violet Rose in The Rain
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

@Background Human
As someone who has lived in the thick of a Los Angeles slum where the population is 95% illegal immigrants from Mexico, I can tell you first hand that Trump is not wrong. Crime was rampant, going out at night was an absolute no, neighbors ran a chop shop, a bullet hit an upstairs window, etc. So Trump does have a point. Were some of them “good people?” Of course. But there weren’t enough good people to make it a non-crime riddled shit hole.

confirms my prejudices: “yeah totes bro personal experience is all i need”

challenges my prejudices: “got a source for that? oh you have? not good enough!”

Selective skepticism is anything but.
Violet Rose in The Rain
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).

I’ve had personal experience with men being horrible human beings but I’ve put a lot of mental energy into understanding that my experience with a few men doesn’t mean it’s okay for me to feel that way about all of them.
Your prejudices are your responsibility, regardless of where they come from.
Words aren’t mine, but the message remains important.
Background Pony #A44A
@Background Human
Huh… so when you lived among the poorest, most looked down upon people, who had the least options to improve their social and economic status, and who were also living in the worst conditions, there was a lot of crime?

Yes, clearly the problem must be with them, and in no way related to their overall situation.
Violet Rose in The Rain

Being poor is not an excuse to become a criminal or hurt people.

I’m sure that there are so many poor people out there that died because they lacked the money to pay for basic necessities but prided themselves on not breaking the law that never cared about them anyway.
CaptainXtra

STOP KOSA!
Is it me or has r/askanamerican done a complete 180 in political leaning?

They’ve gone from hating Trump to defending/justifying his actions.

The bipartisanism is non-existent in that sub.
Background Pony #02F1
Being poor is not an excuse to become a criminal or hurt people.
And no one said it was. But if you put people in a situation where they are barely managing to scrape by, where a single uninsured mishap at any one of their multiple part time jobs (that are part time entirely to deny them any benefits) means losing what little tiny bit they have, offer them no assistance at all or assistance with such strict rules that it is almost impossible to qualify, and then constantly blame them for somehow not doing better, you don’t get to act like it’s entirely their fault when some among them get so desperate and angry that crime seems like a better option than continuing to obey rules that clearly don’t care about them at all.

@TheMagpulPone  
And a huge portion of the crime was gang related.
Really? I can’t imagine why some desperate, impressionable youth stuck in a system that seems purposefully designed to keep them exactly where they are would look at a large organization that offers a chance to belong to something, to make money, and possibly protect themselves from an uncaring world, and think that’s the best option they have.

You can’t help but wonder if maybe some of these gang related crimes would drop if we addressed some of the actual social and economic issues plaguing communities where gang activity is so prevalent.
The Smiling Pony
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab

( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡° )
tbh a percentage of all people are willing to do crimes, it’s just that some of them are never in a situation where they pretty much have to to feel satisfied.

@- You have two populations split in groups A and B  
  • These are exactly the same in all but name.  
  • 15% of them both are “criminally minded”  
  • Both populations have an object of desire only attainable through wealth  
  • Population A is given wealth by inheritance  
  • Population B does not have said inheritance  
  • Population A’s 15% of “criminally minded” individuals can use their wealth to acquire the object of their desire  
  • Population B’s 15% of “criminally minded” individuals does not have wealth to acquire the object of their desire  
  • Population B’s 15% of “criminally minded” individuals will resort to crime to acquire the object of their desire  
  • Thus population B is labeled as more prone to crime, can’t argue with statistics and facts, etc.@
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Ministry of Image - Fanfiction Printing

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide