Don't blame me, I voted for the other guy. (Politics General)

Background Pony #1F81
The US is probably the only country I know that takes their national anthem this seriously.

Like I don’t hear reports about people in other countries breaking out into fights or causing a giant uproar over if someone was standing or kneeling during the anthem or not.
Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
Kaepernick consulted a veteran on what he could do to protest but still show support. Hence why his kneeled, an act that historically was done to display respect and fealty. So he got to stand out (no pun intended) while still showing respect.
Zincy
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

In Vino Veritas
Peaceful protesting is a cornerstone of a stable democracy.

If you have a problem with it, feel free to move to a place less tolerant to it.

Russia and China seem like a good fit.
MethidMan
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Artist -

Just because you can do something doesn’t necessarily mean you should.

This is rich hearing this from the side that loves to smugly tell the other side “your feelings don’t matter”.

What’s the matter? Are you offended by kneeling NFL players? Cry me a river, the shoe’s on the other foot.
igotnopicks
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Thread Starter - Splatoon thread

Monado User
@neutralgrey
Umm, no. They were using their freedom to disrespect the flag. That falls into the can but probably shouldn’t category.

Ummm no the protest is about Police Brutality not about disrespecting the flag. How much Fox News did you watch to get that answer because it seems like a lot.
Zincy
Non-Fungible Trixie -

In Vino Veritas
During Obama’s tenure, I saw a bunch of conservatives hanging their flag upside down.

According to the flag code, the flag is only to be flown upside down in the event of catastrophic distress or immediate danger as a signal for aid.

To fly the flag upside down for any other reason is considered disrespectful.
Background Human
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

CHS, Class of 20XX
@TheMagpulPone  
Which is more disrespectful? To say “we can do better” or to say “no we can’t; cops shooting unarmed people is just how we do”? ‘Cause I’m just cynical enough to assert the latter, and I’d like to know where you stand first.

@Background Pony #55F7  
Branding is the only thing that unites us as Americans. We have no common ethnic or cultural heritage. In theory we’d be united by the Enlightenment ideals of the Constitution and Declaration of Independence, but HA HA HA HA no. So stripey cloth banners and British drinking songs it is.
Zincy
Non-Fungible Trixie -

In Vino Veritas
Recent polls have shown that a majority, particularly in the suburbs, support universal background checks on firearms purchases.

In fact, suburban women, who will likely play an oversized role in 2020, overwhelmingly support it.

While the president and some lawmakers are starting to cool on the idea, others are sounding the alarm that this time might be different.

Trump cannot afford to lose any more suburban voters. Nor can the eventual dem nominee afford to ignore them.

2020 will be decided in the suburbs. The great rural swaths of Republican voters, and dense urban centers that make up the Democratic strongholds are finding themselves playing second fiddle to middle and upper class suburbanites who have finally found their political muscle.
Zincy
Non-Fungible Trixie -

In Vino Veritas
@Latecomer

2018 they swung hard left and handed the Dems a major majority in the House.

Very little has happened since then for them to swing back. Dems are going in with an advantage. Female voters make up the power bulk of the suburban districts. Middle to upper class, often educated, small families but also many single/cohabs. Traditionally left leaning, but often not motivated to vote.

Trump has done a lot to piss off female voters, and the dems takeover of the house is often seen as being done mostly on the backs of women voters.

If that trend holds, or increases, suburbs are likely to break blue and break hard. Women voters being polled have an overwhelming desire and enthusiasm to vote in 2020.
Zincy
Non-Fungible Trixie -

In Vino Veritas
Between the retirements, polling, and momentum, the Dems likely will hold the House either way.

That’s before the new maps in Virginia, the extinction of the GOP in northern California, and the 2018 Pennsylvania map being upheld.

Senate is another matter. From a purely mathematical perspective, Dems should have big advantage. But it’ll be a somewhat difficult battle, though certainly not unwinnable.

As for the Presidental battle, it’ll be quite interesting to see.
TheMagpulPone
Artist -

Dynamic Pie
@Dustcan  
Oh I’m well aware why, but considering that they were protesting something that FBI stats found were not even accurate in a way that does not bring attention to their concerns, but only disrespects the flag and creates more division, seems like a very poorly thought out plan. And it clearly was considering it didn’t work. There are more respectful ways to draw attention to an issue that don’t sow so much division instead of bringing people together.
Zincy
Non-Fungible Trixie -

In Vino Veritas
“I think any Jewish people that vote for a Democrat – I think it shows either a total lack of knowledge or great disloyalty,” Trump said.

You know, last time a despot called us disloyal, millions of us died.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
My Little Ties crafts shop

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide