Don't blame me, I voted for the other guy. (Politics General)

ᎶㄖҜㄩ 乃ㄥ卂匚Ҝ
One-Star Dragon Ball - For supporting the site
Happy Derpy! - For site supporters
Bronze Supporter - Bronze Supporter
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
Wallet After Summer Sale -
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary
Artist -

Zamasu
Some Hongkongers have phones checked for protest photos at mainland China border amid anti-government unrest.

Really, China? You’re bad enough with your insipid “social credit” system you’re fully implementing next year. BUT THIS?! Checking the phones of Hong Kongers crossing into Mainland China for protest photos?! This is disgusting! I’m pretty sure not even the US Border Patrol pulls this kind of shit!
Violet Rose in The Rain
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

Like, is it really showing maturity and wisdom to be against standing for the National Anthem?
There’s nothing wrong with disobeying the tradition of you think there’s something wrong with country as a form of protest.

Out of curiosity, what do you think about the NFL players who kneeled?
Violet Rose in The Rain

Being forced to stand for the anthem like this says more about the immaturity of the teacher himself but the fact that you decided to make it about the kid who revealed what he wrote on the whiteboard is just deflection, Scrabbleman.
Scrabbleman
Duck - He literally asked for this
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Artist -
Birthday Cake - Celebrated MLP's 7th birthday
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

[screams in German]
@Violet Rose in The Rain  
Eh, I don’t have any strong feelings about. I still think it’s a bit of a dick move but that’s just my patriotic blood speaking. At the same time, politicians’ reactions about it were definitely overblown and ridiculous.

All in all, didn’t like it but not against it. They’re allowed to protest after all.
Kazapsky

Five scoops of ice cream
@Lord Goku

Unfortunately, they very much do. There are periodic news stories in Canada about people being denied entry to the US because of texts the border patrol officer didn’t like (intercepted dozens or hundreds of miles from the border, BTW). Or electronic devices seized and never returned. Or someone winding up in handcuffs because their iPad did what it was designed to do and denied access to someone looking to snoop through the owner’s personal photos.

US border patrol agents abusing their power is claimed (by the border patrol) to be the exception rather than the rule. But considering none of these overreaches get punished, it’s hard to believe America is any better than China about this.
TheMagpulPone
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Artist -

Dynamic Pie
@Kazapsky  
It’s quite easy to believe given that we don’t have a disgusting social credit system. A few misunderstandings at the border is nothing compared to beyond harsh chinese oppression of their own people.
Latecomer

@TheMagpulPone  
With those skills, they could be paid pretty well for it in any other country that enjoys the sport (and overlooks how it destroys players’ bodies and brains).

And American hyperpatriotism would be weird even if the country lived up to it. As it is…
Violet Rose in The Rain

@Violet Rose in The Rain
What kid? I didn’t notice a kid other than the ones sitting down.

The one that literally took a photo.

I’d say more, but I don’t need the mods giving me another lecture on basic decency.

@TheMagpulPone  
@Violet Rose in The Rain
Those NFL players are getting payed millions of dollars to throw a fucking ball around. They should show some respect for the nation that gives them the freedom to achieve that. But that’s just my opinion.

I never get tired of breaking out this image.

full

Just because abusive parents sheltered and fed their children doesn’t mean said children should be grateful, especially if their psychological trauma affects them for life.
Kiryu-Chan
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition

World's Okayest User
@Violet Rose in The Rain
They should show some respect for the nation that gives them the freedom to achieve that

Said freedom is also what allows them to kneel during the national anthem and not standing for it. Whether you agree or disagree is irrelevant, it’s still within their rights
Latecomer

Yeah, that’s a good point - isn’t objecting to and criticising one’s nation part of the free speech America claims to value so much? (Of course you could say that criticising that criticism is too, but then you start going around in a circle…)
TheMagpulPone
Artist -

Dynamic Pie
@Latecomer  
In a time where political divisiveness is rampant, No one wants to go to a simple football game just to see the players openly disrespecting our country. People want a fun time and break from reality at a game, not have more politics shoved down their throats.
Kiryu-Chan
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition

World's Okayest User
@TheMagpulPone  
If players are kneeling during the anthem, chances are they’re upset about something with the country. It’s a form of protest and they’re well within their rights to do so
TheMagpulPone
Artist -

Dynamic Pie
@Latecomer  
Optically, it is when the few who aren’t are filthy rich and insulting the average Americans who aren’t by displaying their ungrateful displeasure for the very nation that made them so successful. To the hard working men and women that go to those games, it’s an insult.
neutralgrey
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Silver Bit -

@Violet Rose in The Rain
Those NFL players are getting payed millions of dollars to throw a fucking ball around. They should show some respect for the nation that gives them the freedom to achieve that. But that’s just my opinion.

And it’s my opinion that you need to stop listening to Fox News, but opinions don’t matter. Facts do.

And the fact of the matter is quite simple. They weren’t disrespecting the flag they were using their freedom to peacefully protest police brutality
TheMagpulPone
Artist -

Dynamic Pie
@Latecomer  
It’s not about being silent. It’s about there being effective ways to bring attention to an issue without completely failing and only making people hate you and driving NFL viewership to all time lows because nobody wants to see you. They achieved the opposite of the desired effect through extremely poor execution.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Ministry of Image - Fanfiction Printing

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide