Don't blame me, I voted for the other guy. (Politics General)

TheMagpulPone
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Artist -
Wallet After Summer Sale -

Dynamic Pie
@Ereiam  
And what situation brings it to that point? There hasn’t been a level of escalation in the modern United States that has ever warranted or encouraged mass nationwide uprising against the government the likes of which we’ve seen more recently in other countries.
Background Pony #137C
@MethidMan
You overestimate how many US troops would actually go through with orders to kill US civilians. These are men and women who are no different than us besides a uniform and a bigger gun. If anything, it would spark a 2nd civil war.

You obviously aren’t a student of history. Soldiers have killed civilians from their own countries time and again from every part of the globe. Heck, our own police officers have killed countless civilians for little to no reason!

Soldiers are trained to carry out orders, and if their orders are to take out a group of hostile insurgents then they’ll carry out that order especially if said insurgents are shooting at them. Most soldiers would probably think that orders are orders, and why should they risk their necks for a bunch of idiots they never met?
TheMagpulPone
Artist -

Dynamic Pie
@Background Pony #DAE2  
You obviously don’t personally know many US military service members.

And Police rarely kill for “no reason”. There are certainly mistakes sometimes, but law enforcement generally have a reason for discharging their service weapon.
neutralgrey
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Silver Bit -

@TheMagpulPone  
You personally don’t know them either. They’re not the heroes you see in the movies, they’re humans with their own ambitions and aspirations, and like most they won’t risk their future for a bunch of idiot insurgents who were probably going to kill them anyway.

Cops aren’t the heroes you see on television or movies either. There have been plenty of cases in the past, especially in recent history, of cops using excessive force and shooting suspects when the situation didn’t call for it.
lonewolf
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -

U mad?
So what if some type of tyranny did happen that affected everyone in the country? Or let’s step it up: What if it only affected liberals? Would you bend over and take it, or fight back? If the latter you’re going to need the guns you want to ban so badly.
TheMagpulPone
Artist -

Dynamic Pie
@lonewolf  
They don’t understand that the point isn’t necessarily to fight back and win with guns, but rather to at the very least be able to fight back at all. If you asked any of the protestors of communist countries that literally get run over and crushed to death by military trucks because all they have are rocks as weapons, if they’d wished they’d had a gun, what do you think they would say…
neutralgrey
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Silver Bit -

@TheMagpulPone  
My point still stands

@lonewolf  
Implying tyranny already hasn’t happened yet in this country

By liberals I’m assuming you mean people who lean left, and to answer your question I’ll just say this. We’re normal people, not idiots with delusions of grandeur. We know we don’t stand a chance at trying to make things slightly less shitty so we’ll do what we’ve always been doing. Doing our best to live out our lives.

On top of that I should also add that even if a rebellion is successful, history has shown that the Rebels tend to be just as bad as the people they replaced or worse
neutralgrey
Silver Bit -

@TheMagpulPone  
Ever heard of the Cursed soldiers? They were Polish resistance fighters that were essentially the remnants of the Polish resistance from WW2. They tried to fight the communist occupiers and…well they weren’t called the cursed soldiers for nothing. By the 1950s most of them stopped fighting due to being hunted down by the NKVD
Background Human
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

CHS, Class of 20XX
@lonewolf  
If it ever comes to that, support from the world’s civilized countries will be infinitely more helpful than whatever guns we can stockpile now. Second Amendment doesn’t include Stinger missiles.
neutralgrey
Silver Bit -

@lonewolf  
You mean the sniper rifle or the machine gun? I’m assuming you mean the latter. You still need ammunition and supplies to maintain and clean it, and in war supplies are hard to come by especially if you’re rebels.

@TheMagpulPone  
Wow. Shooting at a stationary target. That’ll certainly help when trying to take out a jet. And I hope they have enough supplies to keep it functioning for a long time. To speak nothing of the fact that those guns are obsolete when compared to a modern army
neutralgrey
Silver Bit -

@TheMagpulPone  
You don’t own artillery though. That’s another thing I forgot to mention. Artillery is pretty much king in modern warfare, doesn’t matter how many miniguns you have if those emplacements can be reckt with an artillery barrage
lonewolf
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -

U mad?
@neutralgrey  
And again you (and others here) assume everyone in the military would follow whatever kill orders are issued. Many won’t, and it’d only takes a few of the right weapons to make a difference.
Background Human
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

CHS, Class of 20XX
@lonewolf  
If they’re defying orders because they’re immoral, the rebels don’t need to be armed. If they’re defying orders because the rebels are armed, they’re fucking cowards.
neutralgrey
Silver Bit -

@lonewolf  
Hate to break it to you but life ain’t a Hollywood movie. Soldiers generally follow orders because they know they’ll be punished harshly if they disobey orders, discipline is a big part of the military after all. Besides, why would soldiers risk their necks for insurgents they never met? Insurgents who will kill them if given the chance no less. They won’t and i’ll Tell you why, they won’t care. That’s why soldiers throughout history have killed rebels, because they’re not going to risk their lives and the livelihood of their families for a bunch of idiots

But don’t worry, you wanna fight agaisnt Tyranny? I got an even more effective method, want to know what it is?
MethidMan
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Artist -

And again you (and others here) assume everyone in the military would follow whatever kill orders are issued. Many won’t, and it’d only takes a few of the right weapons to make a difference.
I was trained to follow orders. If I was ordered to shoot unarmed American civilians, I would. If you join the armed forces of the United States and you are not prepared to do this, you probably should not have joined.
I think that the draft should be brought back. The reason being that the military would not be able to be used as a pawn to do things that are generally considered terrible by a majority of people, because people would be less willing to follow idiotic orders if they were not there by choice. Also, it might make people give more of a shit about who they elect (less morons maybe?), how they treat the environment they live in and how they treat each other. Those three things seem to have gone almost completely down the drain over the past 20+ years.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Ministry of Image - Fanfiction Printing

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide