Viewing last 25 versions of post by BlitztheDragon in topic Don't blame me, I voted for the other guy. (Politics General)

BlitztheDragon
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

SAnomther interesting "first since" events with this result, courtesy of FiveThirtyEight:

-This is the first time since the direct election of Senators began in 1914 that every single incumbent that ran for reelection won.

-This is the first time since 1934 that all the incumbents of the party controlling the White House running for reelection have won their races.

-This is the first time since
Senator Sam Nunn ran unopposed for reelection in 1990 that a statewide Democratic candidate has won more than 60% of the vote in Cobb County. To put this into perspective, Cobb County was the center of Newt Gingrich's district. In 2012, Mitt Romney won this county by 12 points.
Reason: Didn't see Zincy posted the first two factoids ahead of me
Edited by BlitztheDragon
BlitztheDragon
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Some interesting "first since" events with this result, courtesy of FiveThirtyEight:

-This is the first time since the direct election of Senators began in 1914 that every single incumbent that ran for reelection won.

-This is the first time since 1934 that all the incumbents of the party controlling the White House running for reelection have won their races.

-This is the first time since Senator Sam Nunn ran unopposed for reelection in 1990 that a statewide Democratic candidate has won more than 60% of the vote in Cobb County. To put this into perspective, Cobb County was the center of Newt Gingrich's district. In 2012, Mitt Romney won this county by 12 points.
No reason given
Edited by BlitztheDragon