Viewing last 25 versions of post by Ebalosus in topic Don't blame me, I voted for the other guy. (Politics General)

Ebalosus
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Silver Bit -
Sapphire -
Happy Derpy! -
Bronze Supporter -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Build commie blocks!
[@IWTCIEM](/forums/generals/topics/tartarus?post_id=5246321#post_5246321)

Ok, that's insane, but lets play out how such an idea would work: say Biden goes to the UN and asks for help disarming the Wolverine-Americans and associated LARPers, and the UN agrees in principle to help. *How do they actually do that?* Unlike what paranoid rightoids assume, the UN doesn't have an army, so it'll be up to its members to basically invade the most powerful empire in human history in order to disarm a good third of the population. Lets look at our options:

-China? They're the closest in terms of absolute military power, but they wouldn't be onboard with that due to them being on everyone's shitlist for the Uyghur genocide.

-Russia? They would certainly like to punish the Americans for intervening in their elections in the 90s and for all the sanctions, but they wouldn't be onboard due to them being on everyone's shitlist for invading Ukraine.

-America's European allies? They're too concerned about Russia escalating a military conflict with the rest of the continent due to their invasion of Ukraine.

-America's Middle-Eastern allies? They're too concerned about each other and/or Russia to spare troops for such an endeavour.

-America's Latin-American allies? They're more concerned with their internal affairs to worry about sending troops to America.

-Canada? A redux of the War of 1812 would be pretty funny, but I don't think Canadians by-and-large would be onboard with such an endeavour, despite outside appearances %(In case you aren't aware, despite the bluster Canada tows the US line through thick and thin)%.

-Africa? They're more concerned with internal affairs and using their very limited resources to those ends than something on the other side of the world [to them].

-America's Asian allies? They're too concerned about China going all Russia on Taiwan, thus wouldn't want to spare troops for some internal American matter.

-India? Ditto about China and concerned about what Pakistan is up to.

-Oceania? Australia is more concerned about China and New Zealand doesn't have the military to contribute to such an endeavour.

Even disregarding the fact that such an endeavour would **at best** be a repeat of the Coalition's efforts in Afghanistan (with the same outcomes), you would have terrible trouble getting such an initiative off the ground to begin with. It's one area where I begrudgingly respect the foreign policy blob: They've worked the system to such a way that invading America is off the table for anyone with the wherewithal to do so.
No reason given
Edited by Ebalosus