Viewing last 25 versions of post by Atlas_66 in topic Don't blame me, I voted for the other guy. (Politics General)

Atlas_66
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
The Magic of Friendship Grows - For helping others attend the 2020 Community Collab
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
The Power of Love - Given to a publicly verified artist with an image under their artist’s tag that has reached 1000 upvotes
Artist -

🍞
[@Ereiam](/forums/generals/topics/tartarus?post_id=5245481#post_5245481)
> Not to mention idiots like Atlas_66 above who claim to be centrists and unironically support Putin and his atrocities.
- Booo.. Putin and his atrocities - it sounded like a yellow newspaper, a loud statement but without specifics x)
Yes, I certainly support Vladimir Putin, but do you have any problems with that? go and deal with the problems in your own country better than to point out to others some claims.

- Russian staged a conflict in the Donbass? Are you sure you know everything about the history of this conflict? Well..the inhabitants of Donbass self-identify themselves as Russians, so..if you recognize the self-identification of the inhabitants of Donbass as Russians, then it turns out yes.
But Western journalists do not objectively cover this event; for them, the topic of Donbass is permissible to be covered ONLY from Ukraine (BBC/CNN)
By the way, in Ukraine I remember the law was passed that allowed European languages, Ukrainian, but Russian is prohibited.
And especially when the vast majority in the Crimea and Donbass speaks Russian, do you think it is adequate to pass a law where it prohibits the use of the Russian language in the workflow? and one single language is only allowed - Ukrainian.
In Russia, for example, everything is not so, in our national republics, document circulation is carried out in 2 languages, in Russian as the main one, and in another language of the people who predominantly live in this region.
Residents of Donbass, firstly, did not support the bloody revolution in Kyiv, they did not accept the new government, and secondly, they do not like it when Kyiv infringes on their own interests.
I talked with the residents of Donbass, and I also talked with Brony from there, their family and they themselves hope in the future like Crimea, they want to join Russia.

> in 2014 following the annexion of Crimea
- By the way, not the annexation of Crimea, but a peaceful transition to Russia, in accordance with international law on the right of a nation to self-determination <3

> when one of their own artillery batteries shot down an airliner
- As for the downed Malaysian Boeing, in general, in Malaysia itself they say that in their media that it was the Ukrainian army that shot down this Boeing, I myself will not say anything, just funny information.
And secondly, why didn't Ukraine close the sky over Donbass? they had to make it a dangerous no-fly zone. Do you have any questions to the authorities in Kyiv? my dear friend)
They did not close the sky over the Donbass not because they wanted a loud scandal to blame Russia for this? Well, the Ukrainians could not have committed a provocation, no, no) in no case))
I do not deny that this people's militia of Donbass could shoot down this Boeing, confusing it with the enemy. Or is it the Ukrainian authorities who shot down the Boeing, who really cares? Regardless of who shot down this Boeing, the fault lies entirely with Kyiv, because the authorities were obliged to close the sky over the Donbass.

> The Minsk agreements were meant to stop the fighting
- Yes, only Ukraine refused to fulfill this agreement, while the United States did nothing and Europe did not put pressure on Ukraine in any way.
Because no one cares about the residents of the DNR and LNR

> but Putin never ceased to trample all over their spirit, if not their letter, by providing the pro-Russian separatist rebellion with arms and “volunteers” and then blaming the subsequent ceasefire violations on Ukraine while maintaining paper-thin deniability for his own involvement.
- Yes, supporting the Donbass is bad, but the fact that the residents of Donbass saw the example of Crimea and wanted to do the same is no longer important. Supporting the Donbass so that they can keep the defense is bad, or whether it’s supporting Azov and the Armed Forces of Ukraine that shelled the cities of Donbass)) This is certainly good. Or support the bloody revolution in Kyiv by the United States and directly intervene in the affairs of a foreign country, in your opinion, this is probably democratic and wonderful.
Even before 2014, Crimea and Donbass were the most rebellious regions in relation to Kyiv, they have always been more pro-Russian and have always considered themselves Russian there, this is their self-determination as residents.
The conflict did not start in 2014, it has long been brewing in the Donbass, as you say, there were enough "volunteers" in the Donbass itself.

> Eventually, seeing his shadow war was growing stale after nearly eight years while still failing to bear fruit,
- Most likely the conflict in the Donbass has turned into a frozen one, like with Transnistria or South Ossetia, it's terrible to be in limbo, and I hope the people of Donbass will get their right to join Russia.
||As for the rest of Ukraine, I don’t think that joining them is the right thing to do, because the majority there definitely doesn’t support Russia, given that 8 years have passed and they lived informationally in Ukrainian rhetoric||

> So yeah, don’t pretend there’s a Western media blackout on Donbass when the military of your own country has made it impossible for foreign journalists to do their job
- French reporter Anne-Laure Bonnel directly from the scene in the Donbass: https://youtu.be/ZHIDbAgAPLg
Anne-Laure Bonnel. DONBASS (2016). A documentary that Europeans don't want to see. Heavy!: https://youtu.be/j04-wtsA8Hg
- British journalist Graham Phillips shoots video from Donbass: https://www.youtube.com/c/GrahamPhillipsUK/videos
- Patrick Lancaster, totally independent & crowdfunded video & photo journalist mainly covering the Ukraine war: https://youtu.be/6LQSYmda0Sc
Hello, did you say something? (:

> (also, your government — the same one you’re defending out of short-sighted spite — is the one threatening to imprison its own people on treason charges for either speaking against or merely factually reporting about the war, not ours, so don’t come telling us).
- Well, wartime censorship, a strange claim to hear from an American, or a European, I don’t know where you are from) but it doesn’t matter, because your country also has censorship, and pro-Russian media is absolutely not allowed.
In Ukraine, you will go to jail if you cover events from the pro-Russian side.
In Latvia, criminal liability shines if you support Russia.
It is strange that these claims that there is censorship apply exclusively to Russia, hmm.

- News: Kirill Fedorov, the author of one of the main Russian-language YouTube channels on military topics, "History of Weapons", was arrested in Riga.
The European authorities want to accuse him of treason because of the pro-Russian orientation of his videos.
Fedorov's channel has become one of the main patriotic amateur sites in the video hosting service in recent weeks. Fedorov analyzed the fighting and did not hide his pro-Russian views.

-
By the way, Ukraine accuses any ordinary residents of treason who ended up in the occupied territory and accept humanitarian aid and somehow cooperate with Russia.
That is, if Russian troops leave these territories, then new repressions and imprisonments will begin from the Ukrainian military on the basis of "treason" or "collaborationists"
But all claims are directed exclusively at Russia, you know what's the matter, I'm against unfounded accusations)
No reason given
Edited by Atlas_66
Atlas_66
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
The Magic of Friendship Grows - For helping others attend the 2020 Community Collab
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
The Power of Love - Given to a publicly verified artist with an image under their artist’s tag that has reached 1000 upvotes
Artist -

🍞
[@Ereiam](/forums/generals/topics/tartarus?post_id=5245481#post_5245481)
> Not to mention idiots like Atlas_66 above who claim to be centrists and unironically support Putin and his atrocities.
- Booo.. Putin and his atrocities - it sounded like a yellow newspaper, a loud statement but without specifics x)
Yes, I certainly support Vladimir Putin, but do you have any problems with that? go and deal with the problems in your own country better than to point out to others some claims.

- Russian staged a conflict in the Donbass? Are you sure you know everything about the history of this conflict? Well..the inhabitants of Donbass self-identify themselves as Russians, so..if you recognize the self-identification of the inhabitants of Donbass as Russians, then it turns out yes.
But Western journalists do not objectively cover this event; for them, the topic of Donbass is permissible to be covered ONLY from Ukraine. (BBC/CNN)
By the way, in Ukraine I remember the law was passed that allowed European languages, Ukrainian, but Russian is prohibited.
And especially when the vast majority in the Crimea and Donbass speaks Russian, do you think it is adequate to pass a law where it prohibits the use of the Russian language in the workflow? and one single language is only allowed - Ukrainian.
In Russia, for example, everything is not so, in our national republics, document circulation is carried out in 2 languages, in Russian as the main one, and in another language of the people who predominantly live in this region.
Residents of Donbass, firstly, did not support the bloody revolution in Kyiv, they did not accept the new government, and secondly, they do not like it when Kyiv infringes on their own interests.
I talked with the residents of Donbass, and I also talked with Brony from there, their family and they themselves hope in the future like Crimea, they want to join Russia.

> in 2014 following the annexion of Crimea
- By the way, not the annexation of Crimea, but a peaceful transition to Russia, in accordance with international law on the right of a nation to self-determination <3

> when one of their own artillery batteries shot down an airliner
- As for the downed Malaysian Boeing, in general, in Malaysia itself they say that in their media that it was the Ukrainian army that shot down this Boeing, I myself will not say anything, just funny information.
And secondly, why didn't Ukraine close the sky over Donbass? they had to make it a dangerous no-fly zone. Do you have any questions to the authorities in Kyiv? my dear friend)
They did not close the sky over the Donbass not because they wanted a loud scandal to blame Russia for this? Well, the Ukrainians could not have committed a provocation, no, no) in no case))
I do not deny that this people's militia of Donbass could shoot down this Boeing, confusing it with the enemy. Or is it the Ukrainian authorities who shot down the Boeing, who really cares? Regardless of who shot down this Boeing, the fault lies entirely with Kyiv, because the authorities were obliged to close the sky over the Donbass.

> The Minsk agreements were meant to stop the fighting
- Yes, only Ukraine refused to fulfill this agreement, while the United States did nothing and Europe did not put pressure on Ukraine in any way.
Because no one cares about the residents of the DNR and LNR

> but Putin never ceased to trample all over their spirit, if not their letter, by providing the pro-Russian separatist rebellion with arms and “volunteers” and then blaming the subsequent ceasefire violations on Ukraine while maintaining paper-thin deniability for his own involvement.
- Yes, supporting the Donbass is bad, but the fact that the residents of Donbass saw the example of Crimea and wanted to do the same is no longer important. Supporting the Donbass so that they can keep the defense is bad, or whether it’s supporting Azov and the Armed Forces of Ukraine that shelled the cities of Donbass)) This is certainly good. Or support the bloody revolution in Kyiv by the United States and directly intervene in the affairs of a foreign country, in your opinion, this is probably democratic and wonderful.
Even before 2014, Crimea and Donbass were the most rebellious regions in relation to Kyiv, they have always been more pro-Russian and have always considered themselves Russian there, this is their self-determination as residents.
The conflict did not start in 2014, it has long been brewing in the Donbass, as you say, there were enough "volunteers" in the Donbass itself.

> Eventually, seeing his shadow war was growing stale after nearly eight years while still failing to bear fruit,
- Most likely the conflict in the Donbass has turned into a frozen one, like with Transnistria or South Ossetia, it's terrible to be in limbo, and I hope the people of Donbass will get their right to join Russia.
||As for the rest of Ukraine, I don’t think that joining them is the right thing to do, because the majority there definitely doesn’t support Russia, given that 8 years have passed and they lived informationally in Ukrainian rhetoric||

> So yeah, don’t pretend there’s a Western media blackout on Donbass when the military of your own country has made it impossible for foreign journalists to do their job
- French reporter Anne-Laure Bonnel directly from the scene in the Donbass: https://youtu.be/ZHIDbAgAPLg
Anne-Laure Bonnel. DONBASS (2016). A documentary that Europeans don't want to see. Heavy!: https://youtu.be/j04-wtsA8Hg
- British journalist Graham Phillips shoots video from Donbass: https://www.youtube.com/c/GrahamPhillipsUK/videos
- Patrick Lancaster, totally independent & crowdfunded video & photo journalist mainly covering the Ukraine war: https://youtu.be/6LQSYmda0Sc
Hello, did you say something? (:

> (also, your government — the same one you’re defending out of short-sighted spite — is the one threatening to imprison its own people on treason charges for either speaking against or merely factually reporting about the war, not ours, so don’t come telling us).
- Well, wartime censorship, a strange claim to hear from an American, or a European, I don’t know where you are from) but it doesn’t matter, because your country also has censorship, and pro-Russian media is absolutely not allowed.
In Ukraine, you will go to jail if you cover events from the pro-Russian side.
In Latvia, criminal liability shines if you support Russia.
It is strange that these claims that there is censorship apply exclusively to Russia, hmm.

- News: Kirill Fedorov, the author of one of the main Russian-language YouTube channels on military topics, "History of Weapons", was arrested in Riga.
The European authorities want to accuse him of treason because of the pro-Russian orientation of his videos.
Fedorov's channel has become one of the main patriotic amateur sites in the video hosting service in recent weeks. Fedorov analyzed the fighting and did not hide his pro-Russian views.
By the way, Ukraine accuses any ordinary residents of treason who ended up in the occupied territory and accept humanitarian aid and somehow cooperate with Russia.
That is, if Russian troops leave these territories, then new repressions and imprisonments will begin from the Ukrainian military on the basis of "treason" or "collaborationists"
But all claims are directed exclusively at Russia, you know what's the matter, I'm against unfounded accusations)
No reason given
Edited by Atlas_66