Viewing last 25 versions of post by YourPalContrail in topic Don't blame me, I voted for the other guy. (Politics General)

YourPalContrail
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Wallet After Summer Sale -

high altitude cloud pone
[@Latecomer](/forums/generals/topics/tartarus?post_id=5243465#post_5243465)

It depends. Currently no, because we aren't threatened by some despot ~~despite the rhetoric of a few of the terminally online types~~ and simply because most people aren't dissatisfied* with the current system there isn't enough of a push for a US based insurgency.

[@neutralgrey](/forums/generals/topics/tartarus?post_id=5243477#post_5243477)

I want to agree with you simply because I loved Schwarzkopf. He was a tactical genius. however there is a fundamental difference between attacking a uniform army and irregulars. and it's not a good comparison because the idea of shock and awe cannot apply. You need to maintain the cities to occupy them which is why these campaigns turn into quagmires. You can even see this in Iraq. Baghdad was a resounding success...Fallujah not so much. Not to mention in a hypothetical tyrannical takeover of the US not only would the people outnumbere the military but the military member would also likely desert instead of fighting their fellow countrymen.
No reason given
Edited by YourPalContrail
YourPalContrail
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Wallet After Summer Sale -

high altitude cloud pone
[@Latecomer](/forums/generals/topics/tartarus?post_id=5243465#post_5243465)

It depends. Currently no, because we aren't threatened by some despot ~~despite the rhetoric of a few of the terminally online types~~ and simply because most people aren't dissatisfied* with the current system there isn't enough of a push for a US based insurgency.

[@neutralgrey](/forums/generals/topics/tartarus?post_id=5243477#post_5243477)

I want to agree with you simply because I loved Schwarzkopf. He was a tactical genius. however there is a fundamental difference between attacking a uniform army and irregulars. and it's not a good comparison because the idea of shock and awe cannot apply. You need to maintain the cities to occupy them which is why these campaigns turn into quagmires. You can even see this in Iraq. Baghdad was a resounding success...Fallujah not so much. Not to mention in a hypothetical tyrannical takeover of the US not only would the people outnumbere the military but the military member would also likely desert insteadof fighting their fellow countrymen.
No reason given
Edited by YourPalContrail