Viewing last 25 versions of post by Zincy in topic Don't blame me, I voted for the other guy. (Politics General)

Zincy
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

In Vino Veritas
Here's how we should address all the police officers quitting or being fired because of covid.

Those officers are likely the biggest bad apples of the bunch, as that's a pretty big display of "I don't care about other people's safety and health" coming from someone who's job it is to care about other people's safety. So, them being purged from the ranks is a net positive.

We should take advantage of this sudden outflux of worthless trash.

Step 1. Use the opportunity to implement newer and better training for the inevitable new recruits that come to replace the old. Increase the education standards and reform the psychological evaluation to include trait aggression measures. Existing officers would be required to retake the new training materials to stay employed but would be grandfathered out of the educational requirements.

Step 2. Greatly increase the pay and benefits for new and existing officers (the smart ones that got their shots) to compensate for the increase of standards and to attract good talent rather than the refuse of the dungheap they tend to get now.

Step 3. Hire on talent managers and organizational consultants to ensure a strong pipeline of talent progression, timely and fair promotions, and the weeding out of poor performers.

Step 4. Bring psychologists, counselors, social service professionals, and peer teams (former drug users, former criminals, anyone who has "changed for the better) onto the payroll to serve out their various functions for at risk portions of the population.

Step 5. Incentivize officers to both perform at a higher standards (bonuses for going above and beyond) and for reporting those who violate ethics and codes of conduct.

Step 6. Devote some of the funding to an ad campaign championing the increased standards and pay/benefits to both reform the image of the police force but also continue to attract talent.

Step 67. Stress test for a year, using outside consulting and auditing firms to identify areas that need improvement. Tinker with pay and benefits packages, training programs, and talent placement.

Step 78. Tar and feather Mitch McConnell.

There's my greatly simplified list of how to take advantage of the coming purge.
No reason given
Edited by Zincy