Viewing last 25 versions of post by Dustcan in topic Don't blame me, I voted for the other guy. (Politics General)

Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
Don't know if it was brought up before, but Chipotle has increased the price of their burritos in order to compensate for paying their employees $15 an hour instead of $7.25 ^on top of ensuring their CEOs keep their multi-million salaries and bonuses^. They increased their menu prices by roughly...3.5% to 4%. So their burritos are approximately $.36 more expensive.

![full](https://media1.tenor.com/images/3682c726f7092932e2f551c2bc48f78d/tenor.gif?itemid=14260617!

)

That's it? If I pay nearly $10 already for a stuffed burrito I now have to pay slightly more than a third of a dollar extra?

I've been told for years that businesses can't pay their slaves or else the customer won't be able to afford to eat there.

Shit man, between this news and the earlier news of an ice cream parlor of all things getting flooded with over a thousand(!) applications when they announced $15 wage I'm beginning to think there's no downside to _*not_* paying poverty wages.
No reason given
Edited by Dustcan
Dustcan
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Dogs
Don't know if it was brought up before, but Chipotle has increased the price of their burritos in order to compensate for paying their employees $15 an hour instead of $7.25 ^on top of ensuring their CEOs keep their multi-million salaries and bonuses^. They increased their menu prices by roughly...3.5% to 4%. So their burritos are approximately $.36 more expensive.

!https://media1.tenor.com/images/3682c726f7092932e2f551c2bc48f78d/tenor.gif?itemid=14260617!

That's it? If I pay nearly $10 already for a stuffed burrito I now have to pay approxslimaghtely $.36 more than a third of a dollar?

I've been told for years that businesses can't pay their slaves or else the customer won't be able to afford to eat there.

Shit man, between this news and the earlier news of an ice cream parlor of all things getting flooded with over a thousand(!) applications when they announced $15 wage I'm beginning to think there's no downside to _not_ paying poverty wages.
No reason given
Edited by Dustcan
Dustcan
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Dogs

!https://media1.tenor.com/images/3682c726f7092932e2f551c2bc48f78d/tenor.gif?itemid=14260617!

That's it? If haveI to pay slightly ovner a thirdly of$10 a dollar moready for a near $10 stuffed burrito I now have to pay approximately $.36 more?

Shit man, between this news and the earlier news of an ice cream parlor of all things getting flooded with over a thousand(!) applications when they announced $15 wage I'm beginning to think there's no downside to _not_ paying poverty wages.
No reason given
Edited by Dustcan