Viewing last 25 versions of post by Zincy in topic Don't blame me, I voted for the other guy. (Politics General)

Zincy
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

In Vino Veritas
Biden is attempting to spearhead a return of America's soft power, which lagged under Obama and fully atrophied under Trump.

As someone who is a big fan isof soft power, I'm hesitantly optimistic.

You don't win over developing nations by wooing dictators and calling their countries shitholes. You do it the way China has been, with money. The West hasn't had an answer to China's Belt and Road initiative, which has already seen the communist party make massive inroads in Africa and south Asia. Meanwhile, under Tin Pot Twitter, America lost much of its soft power and rep across the world, increasing China's influence further as they moved to fill the vacuum.

Biden is currently working with the G7 to create the train wreck of alliteration "Build Back Better World Initiative" which I really hope works better than its name does. Its aim is to provide alternative sources of funding to developing nations aside from China, and to focus on more sustainable technologies for those nations such as solar, wind, and wave.

If it works, it will theoretically be the largest green technology movement in history.
No reason given
Edited by Zincy