Viewing last 25 versions of post by Dustcan in topic Don't blame me, I voted for the other guy. (Politics General)

Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
"[Mississippi's Republican governor secretly signs order declaring April to be 'Confederate History Month'.":](https://www.alternet.org/2021/04/governor-tate-reeves/

[bq]
)

>
"Darn' tootin' it is!" the post reads. "It's official- April is Confederate Heritage and History Month in our state of Mississippi and we observe it with pride!"[/bq]

The GOP can't come up with any policy to help people for the life of them. They haven't has a new idea in 50 years, and that one idea half a century ago was "Tax cuts for the rich." So what do they do instead? Go behind closed doors and wax nostalgic for the Confederacy.

The Confederacy, let me remind you, that lasted all of 4 years. The same Confederacy that started because they wanted to treat people like property. The same Confederacy who when asked "Do you want to be an American?" they responded "I do not want to be an American" and stopped being Americans. The same Confederacy who spent it's entirety killing Americans so that they could continue to not be Americans. The same Confederacy who holds the dubious distinction of being the only nation/culture on Earth who's entire identity and history was "We are America's enemy". The same Confederacy who lost.

That's who the GOP looks upon with "pride."
No reason given
Edited by Dustcan
Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
"Mississippi's Republican governor secretly signs order declaring April to be 'Confederate History Month'.":https://www.alternet.org/2021/04/governor-tate-reeves/

[bq]"Darn' tootin' it is!" the post reads. "It's official- April is Confederate Heritage and History Month in our state of Mississippi and we observe it with pride!"[/bq]

The GOP can't come up with any policy to help people for the life of them. They haven't has a new idea in 50 years, and that one idea half a century ago was "Tax cuts for the rich." So what do they do instead? Go behind closed doors and wax nostalgic for the Confederacy.

The Confederacy, let me remind you, that lasted all of 4 years. The same Confederacy that started because they wanted to treat people like property. The same Confederacy who when asked "Do you want to be an American?" they responded "I do not want to be an American" and stopped being Americans. The same Confederacy who spent it's entirety killing Americans so that they could continue to not be Americans. The same Confederacy who holds the dubious distinction of being the only nation/culture on Earth who's entire identity and history was "We are America's enemy". The same Confederacy who lost.

That's who the GOP looks upon with nostalg"priade."
No reason given
Edited by Dustcan