Viewing last 25 versions of post by Ciaran in topic Don't blame me, I voted for the other guy. (Politics General)

Ciaran
ラ・ゼッタ - For supporting the site
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab

Senior Moderator
友情は魔法だ
"[@HorsesandMuchMOAR":](/forums/generals/topics/tartarus?post_id=5029388#post_5029388

"
)

[
@Dustcan":](/forums/generals/topics/tartarus?post_id=5029408#post_5029408

"
)

[
@CottonTales":](/forums/generals/topics/tartarus?post_id=5029421#post_5029421

)

What 'homeless' looks like changes across the planet. I worked in Tokyo for awhile and often had co-workers crash at my place instead of sleeping on the street. Not because they were homeless, but because a meeting ran late and there was no way for them to get TO their home after the trains all shut down.

Slept on the street myself a couple times. Tokyo is a huge fucking city, and getting a taxi after midnight can cost you $500 just to get them to stop and consider giving you a ride. Like: literally, hold out a ¥5,0000 bill and they roll the window down just enough to grab it, then you get to find out if they'll take you home or not.

[protip: if you include your business card and you work for a god-tier keiretsu you will get a ride, but it will cost you the equivalent of half a month's salary in the US]

At just ¥1,0000 a night, those cube hotels are fucking awesome. Some even have showers for rent.

Those outdoor cubes look like upgraded trashcans though. I mean, yay for more housing for the homeless, but maybe just have a cube hotel thing where someone's responsible for cleaning them once a day or something and there's showers and maybe even a locker for your shit. Like a truckstop at least, maybe. More dumpsters doesn't seem like anything more than a feel-good temporary solution to the problem that will only make things more shitty over time.
No reason given
Edited by Ciaran