Viewing last 25 versions of post by HeadlessHorselessHorseman in topic Don't blame me, I voted for the other guy. (Politics General)

HeadlessHorselessHorseman

"[@WatermelonRat":](/forums/generals/topics/tartarus?post_id=5028864#post_5028864
)  
Aaron Sorkin is the creator of The West Wing. I presume Ebalosus uses his name as a way of referring to liberals who romanticize politicians and portray them as a heroic, democratically elected elite (and thus an attack on a politician, such as the January 6th riots, is something they can readily identify with as abhorrent to them and their interests).

As someone who spends a lot of time browsing the TvTropes forums, I can tell you that there are a lot of (very left-liberal) people like that there, so I know what he's talking about. That being said, I think his rhetoric is way too broad and relies on a generic populism.

No reason given
Edited by HeadlessHorselessHorseman
HeadlessHorselessHorseman

"@WatermelonRat":/forums/generals/topics/tartarus?post_id=5028864#post_5028864
Aaron Sorkin is the creator of tThe West Wing. I presume Ebalosus uses his name as a way of referring to liberals who romanticize politicians and portray them as a heroic, democratically elected elite (and thus an attack on a politician, such as the January 6th riots, is something they can readily identify with as abhorrent to them and their interests).

As someone who spends a lot of time browsing the TvTropes forums, I can tell you that there a lot of (very left-liberal) people like that there, so I know what he's talking about. That being said, I think his rhetoric is way too broad and relies on a generic populism.

No reason given
Edited by HeadlessHorselessHorseman