Viewing last 25 versions of post by Ereiam in topic Don't blame me, I voted for the other guy. (Politics General)

Ereiam
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Betrayal! - Betrayed their team for a badge. Shame forever!
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - Organization is important.
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Monde de merde
"[@Violet Rose in The Rain":](/forums/generals/topics/tartarus?post_id=4983633#post_4983633
[bq="Violet
) Rose 

>
in The Rain"] "[@doloresbridge":](/forums/generals/topics/tartarus?post_id=4983626#post_4983626
[bq="doloresbridge"]
) "
>
> > [
@MethidMan":](/forums/generals/topics/tartarus?post_id=4983544#post_4983544
[bq]
)
> >
> > >
Conservative whites for idiots like the Dotard because "fuck liberals" and "fuck minorities".
> >
> >
> >
[/bq]

"
@MethidMan":](/forums/generals/topics/tartarus?post_id=4983606#post_4983606
[
)
> >
> > >
bq]but of course these MAGA-shits don't care; they'll vote against what is good for America and themselves (desegregation, civilized healthcare, decent wages, a solid retirement, etc.) as long as it hurts the brown people. Basically scorched-earth selfishness. [/bq]

> >
> >
Out of curosity, do you consider this an active motivation?

> >
>
>
[/bq]
"
**Trump supporter complains shutdown is 'not hurting the people he needs to be hurting*":*](https://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/424263-trump-supporter-complains-shutdown-is-not-hurting-the-people-he
[bq]
)
>
> >
A prison employee in Florida who voted for President Trump argued that Trump is to blame for the current government shutdown.

> >
> >
“I voted for him, and he’s the one who’s doing this,” Crystal Minton told The New York Times in an article published Monday. “I thought he was going to do good things. He’s not hurting the people he needs to be hurting.”

> >
> >
Minton's comments came as part of an expansive report from the newspaper on how the government shutdown, as well as a hurricane, have impacted a Florida town.

> >
> >
The Times notes that a federal prison in Marianna, Fla., lost much of its roof as a result of Hurricane Michael, which hit parts of the state last October. The damage caused hundreds of inmates to be relocated to a facility in Yazoo City, Miss.

> >
> >
Corrections officers from Florida have had to commute 400 miles to the site of the prison since then for two-week stints in their jobs. As of this week, the corrections officers are now doing so without being paid.
>
>
>
[/bq]

"
**Trump voter: 'He's not hurting the people he needs to be hurting'*":*](https://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow-show/trump-voter-hes-not-hurting-the-people-he-needs-be-hurting-msna1181316
[bq]
)
>
> >
The quote came to mind this morning, reading a new article from the New York Times today on Jackson County, Fla., in the state's panhandle, which was already struggling in the wake of Hurricane Michael, but which is now also feeling the adverse effects of Trump's government shutdown. The piece included this anecdote:
[bq]

> >
> > >
A few miles away, another prison employee, Crystal Minton, accompanied her fiancé to a friend's house to help clear the remnants of a metal roof mangled by the hurricane. Ms. Minton, a 38-year-old secretary, said she had obtained permission from the warden to put off her Mississippi duty until early February because she is a single mother caring for disabled parents. Her fiancé plans to take vacation days to look after Ms. Minton's 7-year-old twins once she has to go to work.The shutdown on top of the hurricane has caused Ms. Minton to rethink a lot of things."I voted for him, and he's the one who's doing this," she said of Mr. Trump. "I thought he was going to do good things. He's not hurting the people he needs to be hurting."
[/bq]

> > >
> >
I've seen plenty of memorable quotes from Trump voters over the last couple of years, but "he's not hurting the people he needs to be hurting" is among the most striking.

> >
> >
It captures an amazing perspective: some Trump voters expected the Republican to punish some people if elected, but they assumed they'd be spared. Trump would hurt those people, the sentiment went, but not us.

> >
> > **
But those assumptions were mistaken. Trump's health care agenda set out to hurt many of his own supporters; Trump's tax gambit ignored many of his own supporters; Trump's tariffs are undermining the interests of his own supporters; and now Trump's shutdown is making life harder on some of his own supporters.

> >
> >
Polling suggests many of these voters are standing by their president anyway, but it's hard not to wonder how many will end up feeling like Pat LeBlanc and Crystal Minton by the time Election Day 2020 rolls around.[/bq]
>

!
[/bqfull]
!
(https://i.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/001/870/771/f1e.png!)
No reason given
Edited by Ereiam