Viewing last 25 versions of post by Derpy Whooves in topic Don't blame me, I voted for the other guy. (Politics General)

Derpy Whooves
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Artist -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Artistic Detective - For awesome dedication to sleuthing out and maintaining artist tags and links
Economist -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

Looking For My Doctor
"[@Zincy":](/forums/generals/topics/tartarus?post_id=4804338#post_4804338
"
)  
[
Here's the actual executive order":](https://www.whitehouse.gov/presidential-actions/executive-order-preventing-online-censorship/

)

I've worked with these kinds of things most of my professional life, and just glancing through it I gotta say this is the most convoluted and utterly insane pile of pouting, rambling, incoherent and pointless set of federal directives I've ever seen.

Even the parts that appear to be declarative aren't actionable. It just directs people and departments to make lists, pass them back and forth to each other, and then be worried about them.

I can't find any authority, or any deliverables.

Anyone find anything in here that directs anyone to do anything that results in any action or deliverable other than gathering data About what is being spent in ads, forwarding it to someone else, and them not doing anything with it?

Oh, or "consider taking action" on things or reporting shit that's already been reported numerous times before.

I can't tell you how many times a federal directive told me I or my department should "consider taking action." It pays well. If you can get a job where your only deliverable is "considering action", take it. And stock up on alcohol, video games, and model kits. It's a good gig.

For someone who hates regulation as much as Trump claims to, there's a lot of whining in this document that there should be tons more regulation.
No reason given
Edited by Derpy Whooves
Derpy Whooves
Artist -
Artistic Detective - For awesome dedication to sleuthing out and maintaining artist tags and links
Economist -

Looking For My Doctor
"@Zincy":/forums/generals/topics/tartarus?post_id=4804338#post_4804338
"Here's the actual executive order":https://www.whitehouse.gov/presidential-actions/executive-order-preventing-online-censorship/

I've worked with these kinds of things most of my professional life, and just glancing through it I gotta say this is the most convoluted and utterly insane pile of pouting, rambling, incoherent and pointless set of federal directives I've ever seen.

Even the parts that appear to be declarative aren't actionable. It just directs people and departments to make lists, pass them back and forth to each other, and then be worried about them.

Anyone find anything in here that directs anyone to do anything that results in any action or deliverable other than gathering data About what is being spent in ads, forwarding it to someone else, and them not doing anything with it?

Oh, or "consider taking action" on things or reporting shit that's already been reported numerous times before.

For someone who hatinges regulation as much as Trump claims to, there's a lot of whining in this document that there should be tons more regulation.
No reason given
Edited by Derpy Whooves
Derpy Whooves
Artist -
Economist -

Looking For My Doctor
"@Zincy":/forums/generals/topics/tartarus?post_id=4804338#post_4804338
"Here's the actual executive order":https://www.whitehouse.gov/presidential-actions/executive-order-preventing-online-censorship/

For hating regulation, there's a lot of whining in this document that there should be tons more regulation.
No reason given
Edited by Derpy Whooves