Stupid stuff that comes to mind that we want to post

Zincy
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

In Vino Veritas
So, I was watching an AI version of Dagoth Ur from ES Morrowind rant about Midna having a fat ass when a thought dawned on me.
The intonations and inflections were almost life like, to the point where if you took of the filtering effect his voice has it would almost natural.
This got me thinking about the concept of a micro-singularity. In the study of scientific advance, there is a theory called accelerating change. This theory postulates that as technology becomes more advanced, the rate of advancement increases. Early advancement was mostly linear, but has since become exponential.
Every so often, however, we hit things called micro-singularities. These are massive, “sudden” (read, much quicker than background advances) lurches in technological growth that create such a disruption that life after them is categorically different than life before. These are not epoch changes like the move to agriculture or industrialization. Smaller scale, but still rapidly change the landscape. Think the advent of microprocessor based computers, where we went from almost a decade of transistor computers to microprocessor based ones in a fraction of the time.
I believe we are witnessing the advent of a potential micro-singularity with AI. An event that will radically alter some aspect of society. Whether it remains solely a technological disruption, or carries with in massive social changes has yet to be determined.
It also leads to a bigger question. How far away is true AI? Go back 20 years and these chatBots would probably pass the Turing Test, of course they are not (as far as we know) actually aware AI’s (gods I hope not, considering what I’ve done to a few).
But does this get us closer? Does this put AI more at the forefront of people’s minds, and thus create more social impetus to pursue it?
This is a fascinating time to be alive.
Posted Report
Cosmas-the-Explorer
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.

Explorer in Training
@Meanlucario
Usually Baptist, Methodist, Congregationalist, or any of those more Evangelical/Low Church traditions, people like John Wesley or William Wilberforce since I grew up in more of a low church enviorment. I’m more of a non denominational Christian now, but I’ve always had a love for their traditions and history. I guess I’ve inherited their ideals of improving oneself and the world around you. Of course I admire more of the abolition and labor movement side, and less of those who preach in favor of Latin American dictators.
Meanlucario
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Kinship Through Differences - Celebrated the 11th anniversary of MLP:FIM!

Time to get spooky
I only like BBQ chicken pizza, and I’m not afraid to say that is a terrible combination (to me, if bacon and chicken are allowed on pizza, pineapple and anchovies aren’t that unusual).
Posted Report
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Techy Cutie Pony Collection!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide