Stupid stuff that comes to mind that we want to post

Hollowfox, Always The Worst Person
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Wallet After Summer Sale -

Est. 2012
@Darth Prime
If it’s falsehood, why isn’t it eligible for an AU adaptation for television and film that can be easily seen on any format? Not everyone can see their imaginations no matter how they use it.
Heck, an AU Owl House series streaming on Disney+ would have saved me from screaming traitor to every Huntlow shipper that used to be a Huntmira shipper. (Like Moringmark)
Darth Prime
You are being deceived - Derpi Supporter
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Bronze Bit -
Ruby -
Bronze Supporter - Bronze Patron
Happy Derpy! - For Patreon supporters
Equality - In our state, we do not stand out.

@Hollowfox The Worst
Because like I said it’s not canon and it’s not canon because it’s not official and not recognized by the owners of the IP because it’s made by fans as previously stated the definition of Fanfiction is fiction created by fans.
Saying Fanfiction does not exist at all just because it’s officially recognized is like saying (and I struggled a bit to come up with this) that other planets don’t exist just because we only live on Earth.
Hollowfox, Always The Worst Person

Est. 2012
@Darth Prime
News flash, imaginations are invisible. And will always be.
You cannot change that. Just like how I can’t change how the creators canonize the ships that I don’t like. (MLP with SugarMac, Owl House with Huntlow, Gravity Falls with Dipcifica, etc.)
I can’t cope with delusions. I just wish there was visual fanfiction to see on any platform instead of just using my invisible head of mine.
And if I wanted to believe that fanfics are real, then I’d say it’s only real in paper with words and paragraphs and not on a screen, like other novels that got adapted for real.
Darth Prime
You are being deceived - Derpi Supporter
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Bronze Bit -
Ruby -
Bronze Supporter - Bronze Patron
Happy Derpy! - For Patreon supporters
Equality - In our state, we do not stand out.

@Hollowfox The Worst
Than by the logic of what you are saying ever single book ever published that doesn’t not have any kind of adaptation simply does not exist anymore than any Fanfictions do.
As those books would also require imagination to create an image of what they are describing in the mind of the reader yes?
Zincy
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

In Vino Veritas
A fanfiction was turned into an entire movie series. 50 Shades of Grey is a Twilight Fanfic.
At any rate, related, not every story can be made into a movie. Every medium is different, and has different expectations.
Books have much slower pacing, and a much different narrative structure than a movie. Comics and other visual print media are often set in present tense and rely heavily on pure dialogue. Video games, being interactive, have environmental storytelling that other media can never have.
Many stories are structured to fit their particular chosen medium. And while they can all be “adapted” they will sometimes lose the essence.
The Lord of the Rings movies are great films, and they’re a clever adaptation of the books, but are vastly different. Events are different and many happen in different orders, characters are changed with many (like Denathore) being stripped down considerably, entire arcs are removed, a few arcs are added, etc, etc.
Every media has its perks and downsides.
blue-case90
Cherry Blossom -
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Happy Derpy! - For site supporters
Bronze Supporter - Bronze Supporter

🌸🍜⛩️🇯🇵
Go figure, as soon as I create my OC people are already pairing him with another dude despite me mentioning that he’s straight and has a girlfriend.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Sky Railroad Merch Shop!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide