Stupid stuff that comes to mind that we want to post

Terminal Rex

Going Indognito mode..
@Silent_Witness  
It’s a bit different. Being raised by demanding parents and having Governments or corporations power inject information and beliefs Into your brain before you have the sense of self to analyse or reject it, but I get what you’re trying to say.

What you’re talking about is a slow process and the child is able to reject parents teachings and beliefs as they grow up and experience life.
tehwatever
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Artist -
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.

@Meanlucario  
If they could do that then I literally cannot mind it. I wouldnt even be able to have any of my previous thoughts about hijabis or islam and therefore I would become an entirely new person with an entirely new worldview.
Terminal Rex

Going Indognito mode..
@Meanlucario  
Everything is dangerous if abused. This technology is only theoretical so it’s impossible to account for everything. That’s why there should be multiple sources to choose from and you must be a mature adult.

An adult can possibly recognize bad information and reject it, just like we’d do if we learned it the natural way. Then the company would go out of business when people go to other sources.
Scrabbleman
Duck - He literally asked for this
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Artist -
Birthday Cake - Celebrated MLP's 7th birthday
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

[screams in German]
@Meanlucario  
Technically, you don’t exist. You never did. The moment you are born, you’re just a blank slate with nothing, not even a thought of your own. You learn those things through experience.

Even if knowledge is downloaded into you at that time, you’re not dead. You’re still you, just not the you that could’ve been.
Terminal Rex

Going Indognito mode..
@Meanlucario  
If two sources are offering math downloads or American history downloads, and they conflict, one or both of them is altering the information. That’s why book learning and our records can never be replaced.  
Supplemented by this tech, but not replaced. Painstaking research and checking sources yourself will always be more trustworthy then downloading it, no matter how reputable the company.

I would say gov regulation could ensure these companies are teaching correct information but more then likely regulation will just ensure bad companies can stay afloat via bribes and lobbying while crushing competition.
tehwatever
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Artist -
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.

Here’s a scary, cosmic-horror level of islamic occasionalist idea proposed as early as the 9th century:

Allah constantly, is rewriting you without your consent, rewriting the entire existence without its consent. Every single moment is actually discrete from another.

Meaning: the you from a moment ago is a completely different instance from you now, which will be immediately destroyed and the you a moment in the future will be created entirely from scratch with whatever “memory” Allah wants you to have, creating the illusion of continuity.

The idea is that, there is absolutely no way to be sure that you actually did the thing you did a moment ago. Nobody can go back in time to check. Even videos and images exist in the NOW. Whatever images of the past is experienced NOW.

I.e. We’re being installed a new self every time, all the time, and we dont even know it, nor do we consent to it, nor can we do anything about it.

absolute nightmare scenario. I love this existential-dread-inducing stupid idea.
Terminal Rex

Going Indognito mode..
How come the fan translations of berserk on manga sites are so much better then the official translations.

“The Knight of Skeleton”? WTF is that dark horse.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
My Little Ties crafts shop

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide